List of ‘travel bubble’ countries finalised today ahead of Aug reopening

webfact

7 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

“Most likely does” isn’t quite enough...

Other diseases of this ilk give at least short term immunity. While it is possible that this novel disease may behave in a completely different manner than all other related diseases for some reason. The probability and reasonable expectation is on the side of it providing some form of immunity. If having antibodies for the disease doesn't provide immunity, than the efficacy of vaccines will also be limited, and we shouldn't be expecting much from them either. In which case, we will have to get back to life with reasonable precautions and accept out losses.

Edited by vermin on arrival

23 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

So the only tourists who go in group tours in any volume would be the Chinese, this is obviously the target market

Just in-case anyone was wanting a little confirmation, here it is........................

Chinese tourists for Phuket ‘bubble’

PHUKET: The Tourism and Sports Ministry will target specific provinces in China in a campaign to attract visitors back the resort island as travel restrictions are eased.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourists-for-phuket-bubble-76591.php

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Anna Rak said:

This is why Thai Airways is losing money, its the most expensive poor service flight from London to Bangkok, this is for one passenger on the 1st AUG 2020, pic taken 3.7.20 sorry about the picture.

20200703_144023.jpg

Edited by Anna Rak

Just seen the list of countries that have had travel restrictions lifted by the U.K. Vietnam is on but Thailand is off, maybe they have been found out, as I suspect they have not been reporting fully!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anna Rak said:

Just seen the list of countries that have had travel restrictions lifted by the U.K. Vietnam is on but Thailand is off, maybe they have been found out, as I suspect they have not been reporting fully!!!!

Link?

Well it seems the UK Government don’t trust of believe the death figures in Thailand also, why? Well travelling from Thailand to the UK your are STILL required to do 2 weeks quarantine...  Vietnam is trusted... oh dear Thailand, what went wrong ... 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

53 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

Well it seems the UK Government don’t trust of believe the death figures in Thailand also, why? Well travelling from Thailand to the UK your are STILL required to do 2 weeks quarantine...  Vietnam is trusted... oh dear Thailand, what went wrong ... 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

For all of the UK's failings it's scientists/doctors still carry some weight.  They will have been heavily involved in drawing up this list.  Countries like Vietnam, South Korea and Japan will take not that they have been included but Thailand excluded.  I can't see this helping Thailand get its abridges in place with other low risk Asian countries.  

3 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Come on...you really don’t know why Thailand isn’t on the list?

It is because travel corridors/bubbles require reciprocal agreement.

Thailand refused to agree to reciprocal travel rights for travelers from the UK, so game off.

Not sure about that.  I just had a quick check of the list.  As far as I know Australia and New Zealand will not let people from the UK visit their countries but they are on the list of countries who's citizens can visit the UK.

It isn’t based on nationality.  It is based point of departure.

The UK announcement does not take effect for a week.  Expect reciprocal announcements from the other countries soon — otherwise, what aircraft are going to fly from them into the UK if they have to return empty?

This only works if the agreements are bilateral.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

Thailand is on the the list.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SVC Porter said:

Link?

It's on the BBC, I saw it as well. Vietnam and Hong Kong are listed, Thailand and Cambodia and Laos are not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/03/full-list-countries-exempt-uk-travel-quarantine/

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-53221896#sa-link_location=story-body&intlink_from_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fuk-53283375&intlink_ts=1593795777349-sa

Edited by Scouse123

1 minute ago, LOS105 said:

But they still remain on the list for a 14 day quarantine. 

Meaning you can go to Vietnam and return no problem. But if you come back from Thailand you have to do 14 days quarantine. 

Why would Vietnam make the list and not Thailand? 

6 minutes ago, LOS105 said:
8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It's on the BBC, I saw it as well. Vietnam and Hong Kong are listed, Thailand and Cambodia and Laos are not.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel

BBC are wrong. 

Specifically regarding the UK, there are two discussions in play in this thread. 

1) Countries from which people can fly into the UK and not have to do 14 days Quarantine. 

2) Countries to which people can fly whereby the FCO travel warnings and advisory have been lifted. 

The FCO has lifted its advisory against travelling to Thailand - the impact on this is that many Travel Insurance policies which were invalid are now valid for those who can travelling into Thailand.

The list of countries within the UK’s 'Travel Bubble’ does not include Thailand, but does include Vietnam. Thai’s wishing to travel to the UK still have to self isolate for 14 days. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 5:10 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

The infographic I saw said covid free for 60 days, where in the world is covid free for 60 days. The countries mentioned are not covid free for 30 days, China, Japan and South Korea are having outbreaks at present. It also said the trips would be for 6/7 days, not worth it even for tourists from those countries.

106066706_10158201792587713_4237144421200778994_o.jpg

I don´t understand the maths. 1,000 people per day = 200 per destination. Let´s say 3 countries are on the list and they fly from 3 different airports per country to the 5 destinations. 

200 : 9 = 22,22 passengers per flight

What airline would do this? Or the ticket prices must be crazy high.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are two discussions in play in this thread. 

1) Countries from which people can fly into the UK and not have to do 14 days Quarantine. 

2) Countries to which people can fly whereby the FCO travel warnings and advisory have been lifted. 

If you go to the FCO and click on the USA it states that you must do the the 14 days quarantine on return to the UK.  click on Thailand and it does not have the same requirement listed.

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

I don´t understand the maths. 1,000 people per day = 200 per destination. Let´s say 3 countries are on the list and they fly from 3 different airports per country to the 5 destinations. 

Probably ill thought out and shoddy scenarios from junior government ministers without it being government policy.

Let's see what comes out in the media from government in the next two weeks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

It's solely for China. Probably. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LOS105 said:

If you go to the FCO and click on the USA it states that you must do the the 14 days quarantine on return to the UK.  click on Thailand and it does not have the same requirement listed.

The minister in charge Grant Shapps tweeted the list himself. Doesn't include Thailand. 

Although it's fantastic news FCO advice says it's okay to travel to Thailand. Means insurance policies will be valid. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LOS105 said:

Cheers,

Right, it is still not recommending visiting areas on the Thai/Malay border such as Yala, Pattani etc

I for one WANT Thailand on the list with all countries, and others in the region here such as Cambodia.