90 day reporting.

53 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is it safe to assume that if amnesty is extended until some date like 30 Aug or 30 Sep, that 90-day reporting "amnesty" will also be extended?

I think they will. Mostly because there are lot of people on exempt or visa entries that are now at the 90 day point without applying for an extension.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Did my 90 day this week and extension.

Sailed through at Chonburi.

Why wait?  Just because you can?

Seems like a dumb reason when the place is not crowded now, but probably will be the next few months.

It's not a matter of 'why wait?' because the argument for doing it in person because IOs are not crowded now, is flawed.

The point is that your current 90-day report is considered 'done' on due date if you didn't do it (in person, by mail or on-line).

The only possible reason you would do your 90-day report in person during the Amnesty, would be that you wanted to change your next 'due date' (because that would as good as certain be 90 days after your current due date, when you didn't do it during the Amnesty).   But with the reporting window you have, it's not very likely doing so would be useful in any way.

In other words > it's a complete waste of time doing your 90-day report in person during the Amnesty.   

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

In other words > it's a complete waste of time doing your 90-day report in person during the Amnesty.

Not if it's your first one and you want to do future ones online as your circumstances will make it difficult to do them in person post July 31st.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, treetops said:

Not if it's your first one and you want to do future ones online as your circumstances will make it difficult to do them in person post July 31st.

Yes, that's correct.  If it is your very first 90-day report, this has to be done in person (or by mail).

When you foresee that your next 90-day reporting due date would be inconvenient for you to do them in person, that would be the only reason for doing them in person now during the Amnesty,

The point is that your current 90-day report is considered 'done' on due date if you didn't do it (in person, by mail or on-line).

th?id=OIP.ajNlfBI6leO2u5k1tSZqfQHaJ4%26p

where does it say its considered done?

Like pmarlin, i did mine on 1st July, approximately when it was due. Two reasons - one, come August 1st maybe busy, and two, who knows how long you have before they put you on missing the reporting date. 

I do live only a few kilometres from my immigration office, so no issue. How long did it take? No more than 90 seconds!

• Like 2

It will be awesome if our 90-day report due during amnesty is considered "done", and our next 90-day report due date is 180 days from out last - assuming one didn't make a report during amnesty.

However, if the amnesty period is extended, and for people with reports due after 23 June (+90 from 25 March), some new formula may be required?

Not sure how they'll do it to avoid bunching people up?

One hopes they have considered several proposals, solicited input from some foreigners and will announce plans for 90 day reporting sonner rather than later.

The announcement of the opening of the temporary satellite office(s) at Muang Thon Thani on 13 July seems like a precursor to some potential changes coming soon.

Also, saw a few reports that the 90-day reporting section at CW was unusually busy last week. No clue what that portends?

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It will be awesome if our 90-day report due during amnesty is considered "done", and our next 90-day report due date is 180 days from out last - assuming one didn't make a report during amnesty.

However, if the amnesty period is extended, and for people with reports due after 23 June (+90 from 25 March), some new formula may be required?

Not sure how they'll do it to avoid bunching people up?

One hopes they have considered several proposals, solicited input from some foreigners and will announce plans for 90 day reporting sonner rather than later.

The announcement of the opening of the temporary satellite office(s) at Muang Thon Thani on 13 July seems like a precursor to some potential changes coming soon.

Also, saw a few reports that the 90-day reporting section at CW was unusually busy last week. No clue what that portends?

There would be no need for a 'new formula' even if the Amnesty is prolonged. 

ALL 90-day reports of which the due date falls during the Amnesty period will be considered 'done' on that due date.  So your next due date is simply 90 days after the last due date which you didn't do because not necessary during the Amnesty.

Doing it otherwise would create chaos at IOs, but by using that simple 'done on due date' if you didn't notify in person, by mail or on-line (which would give you an earlier next due date because it would start from the date of approval), they nicely spread the 90-day workload, just like it was before the Amnesty.

True, that simple 'done on due date' rule has not been officially announced (yet) but has been confirmed by some IOs that it will be the rule they will apply.  And it's only logical to do so because otherwise their offices would be swamped by applicants applying in last week before Amnesty ends.

Note: It's also clear that IOs are not happy by all those doing it in person 'to make sure', and some IOs have simply turned people away saying 'not necessary during Amnesty'.

Edited by Peter Denis

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There would be no need for a 'new formula' even if the Amnesty is prolonged. 

OK. Got it.

So say my due date is 5 August (after having reported 6 Feb, and had an amnesty-done report 7 May), assuming amnesty (for 90 day reporting is extended) to 30 August, then my 5 August report would be considered "done", and my next report date would be ~ 2 Nov. 

That makes sense.

Thanks for explaining it for me.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

As I posted several weeks ago have never see so many in 90 day report queue (suspect many are the automatic extensions who can not report online and unaware they do not have to report).  But it is a serious issue at Chiang Watanna trying to keep social distance as about 80% of seating has been lost and you need to be in the 90 day reporting room (or very close) as there is no indication of queue numbers outside of immediate area.  So opening Muang Thon Thani will greatly help in that regard.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So say my due date is 5 August (after having reported 6 Feb, and had an amnesty-done report 7 May), assuming amnesty (for 90 day reporting is extended) to 30 August, then my 5 August report would be considered "done", and my next report date would be ~ 2 Nov. 

I think that is correct.

For me I skipped a report due on April 18 and the next one would of been due the 16th of this month then the next one after that on October 13th.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As I posted several weeks ago have never see so many in 90 day report queue (suspect many are the automatic extensions who can not report online and unaware they do not have to report).  But it is a serious issue at Chiang Watanna trying to keep social distance as about 80% of seating has been lost and you need to be in the 90 day reporting room (or very close) as there is no indication of queue numbers outside of immediate area.  So opening Muang Thon Thani will greatly help in that regard.

Thanks.  And as I wrote already, IOs for sure are not happy by all those needlessly doing it in person 'to make sure'. 

Them having to open an extra office because people simply do not seem to understand the IO communication that it is NOT required during the Amnesty, and more importantly that the due date is considered 'done', might make them think twice before making announcements that are not fully clear.

10 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Them having to open an extra office because people simply do not seem to understand the IO communication that it is NOT required during the Amnesty

The general conjecture is that the satellite office(s) (two separate floors/locations at Muang Thon Thani) will required for many services (counters A/B, J and K), not just 90-day reporting, with or without an amnesty extension.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 5:14 AM, possum1931 said:

This topic and many other posts just show how much expats trust the Thai government, we all know there is an amnesty until the 31st this month, but still many still do their 90 day reporting.

No one distrusts the Thai government more than me, but I am not frightened of any of their IOs, I will not make any 90 day reports until the amnesty is over, and if any IOs tell me I should have reported last June, they will hear me loud and clear.

Who wants to argue with an official who if they chose can just have you thrown out of the country? Thais do not like loud and clear talk, they like soft and clear talk.

I feel it is better to report as per normal every 90 days, I choose to go to the immagration office each time as I do not trust the online computer system and it is not as if I am busy retired here in Thailand. Better to play safe than have to deal with any potential problems due to loss paper work or data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

Who wants to argue with an official who if they chose can just have you thrown out of the country? Thais do not like loud and clear talk, they like soft and clear talk.

I have had two set tos with IOs, the first one accused me of being on 25 days overstay, when I was doing a 90 day report, the second wanted me to bring my wife in the following day to prove my address, the IO is about 60 Ks from my home, yes I got in the IOs face with a raised voice both times, the boss fixed things in my favour both times.

I do not see any chance of being thrown out of the country in any of these circumstances, I do not take any ???? from anyone.