Buddha Days

roger101

I was talking to a mamasn in a bar today and she said the bar would be shut tomorrow. I told her the in the newspaper this morning they said Sunday and Monday,. No she said the BIB came and said shut tomorrow,  <deleted>

Mind you she then said the bar would be open to me. TIT.

Edited by roger101

Yeah it was published a couple days ago that the bars would close at midnight on Friday and not open again until Monday (afternoon). They have to close at midnight anyways under the "22 rules". 
In another thread I noted that there would probably be an increase in the number of drunk drivers (and accidents) after midnight on Monday and probably on Wednesday morning as well (as every drinks on Tuesday night until midnight then tries to drive back to wherever they are working in the early hours of Wednesday morning). Just like most other holiday weekends.

So many reports of the no alcohol sales being Sunday and Monday, (5th and 6th), yet when I went to the 7-11 Saturday to get a few cans in, (yes after 11am), they were not selling them. It would not ring through so blocked by their system, they tried to tell me it was because of Buddha day..... 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So many reports of the no alcohol sales being Sunday and Monday, (5th and 6th), yet when I went to the 7-11 Saturday to get a few cans in, (yes after 11am), they were not selling them. It would not ring through so blocked by their system, they tried to tell me it was because of Buddha day..... 

Yeah, on Saturday the 7-eleven's here had a sign on the booze fridges saying "Due to important Buddha Day no beer sales...". Never mind that Saturday wasn't a Buddha Day, that's Sunday and Monday. So I went along the road to the Tesco Express and they had a sign basically saying "No alcohol sales Sunday through Monday", which is how it should be, and I was able to get some beer supplies. I think Khun Dhanin must have been scared merdeless by the government's long booze ban so he's decided to play safe and add a couple of extra booze-free days to impress Mr. P. and his mates in Government House.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1