Feel Like An Idiot

Jamie

Didn't think this was going to happen to me. Met a girl which I thought could have turned out to be long-term relationship material.

Even though I am in the States, we would talk every day. She called me constantly, and well, whenever I felt like calling, be it morning or late at night there, I would. I figured, "well if something is up, she would never allow me to call whenever." I had her work address as well as her home address in which I would send cards etc. She supposedly lives with her parents and brothers.

When I came to see her last, it was great. We spent every moment together except for a day in which she had to work. She actually gave me her cell phone to use while she was at work so she could call me.

Anyway, things have been great...was planning my next trip there towards the end of the year. That is until I got an e-mail from someone who said it was her husband...telling me to stop talking to her. My heart just sank when I seen that.

When I messaged her tonight, she was all "I love you" etc etc. When I said, who's e-mail is this...she got silent and logged off. I called her numerous times and when she finally did talk to me, she told me she did not want to talk to me anymore. How do you go from all of this, to just turning it off?

It's not like she was after my money...I told her from day one that I don't make much money. When I was there, she actually spent money on me (probably his now that I think of it), though she does have a good job.

This is really upsetting. I really liked her and then I get this. The fact that she wouldnt even tell me why really upsets me. Yesterday we talked about how when I came back that she wanted me to meet her family (mom and dad etc), and then nothing but a cold "I don't want to talk to you anymore."

I feel like writing back to her "husband" with some of her e-mails she sent me, along with photos of us together. Not like it would help the situation, but after getting burned I'm thinking of it.

but after getting burned I'm thinking of it.

Hardly got burnt did you ?

I doubt very much she is married, and she probably sent the e-mail herself as a way to break off a relationship with a poor guy that lives thousands of Kms away.

but after getting burned I'm thinking of it.

Hardly got burnt did you ?

I doubt very much she is married, and she probably sent the e-mail herself as a way to break off a relationship with a poor guy that lives thousands of Kms away.

Burned as in I should have known better. I had her information...I could have maybe did a background check or something.

You said you had her cellphone when she was at work, if she was married, that is hardly a wise move on her part is it ?

She packed you up, that's all, she probably met a guy that she can see more often, wouldn't you ?

So the husband a farang or a Thai, can you tell by the mail? Might be another hopeful trying to warn you off.

Still if she's been playing a couple of you down the line she ain't worth it anyway.

I say add the dude's email to your msn address, if it's another far away farang dude no doubt he'll be online most days too. Could be an interesting chat.

Other than that, forget her mate, and forget about these long term loves when you only visit once a year for a few weeks, it's virtually impossible.

Edited by bkkmadness

So the husband a farang or a Thai, can you tell by the mail? Might be another hopeful trying to warn you off.

Still if she's been playing a couple of you down the line she ain't worth it anyway.

I say add the dude's email to your msn address, if it's another far away farang dude no doubt he'll be online most days too. Could be an interesting chat.

Other than that, forget her mate, and forget about these long term loves when you only visit once a year for a few weeks, it's virtually impossible.

He's Thai. May be her "old boyfriend" because the address is from where she went to school.

There are millions more you can have, and plenty good ones.

Exactly, there are many Thai women that want a Farang Husband. I personally know many myself who would like to meet a nice Farang, these are good women, Office workers Nurses Teachers etc.....

I'm betting it's the old hometown boyfriend, childhood sweethearts that kind of thing. Often girls move on and get to the city and get work whilst there boyfriends don't achieve as much, they feel bad to break it off but go looking for real husband material anyway. Looks like he's behind the times.

how many nice single men come to thailand? i thought is was mostly sex tourists...........lol.

this is thailand............sorry if i insulted anyone.

u beet me to it magoo...................lol.

Edited by blizzard

Oh, and I have also been asked by a Gay guy about 30 if I can get him a Farang boyfriend, he is not poor and has a business, speaks English etc.

C'mon Jamie, it's not difficult to meet people in Thailand.

Maybe women are not for you, how about the guy that wants a bf ? :o

Oh, and I have also been asked by a Gay guy about 30 if I can get him a Farang boyfriend, he is not poor and has a business, speaks English etc.

Maybe women are not for you, how about the guy that wants a bf ? :D

Seems you have a handle on that there...I'll leave it to you :o

Sorry you were disappointed, Jamie, but be glad the relationship had not progressed further.

Maybe I'd email the guy back, just from curiosity, but I'd make very sure I wasn't letting myself hope it was going to turn out to be just a misunderstanding.

Keep the good memories and move on.

agree with Bronco. you might as well pick one of his girls to help :D

on a serious note...sorry things didnt work out...but my take on this would be...sure when things like this happen we all keep thinking ohh only if she would tell me why...but when u think back u will realise that the reason wont matter..the bottomline is she doesnt want the relationship...no matter what u do, things cannot work like that.

good luck :o

I think she only wanted to break up without too much explaining to do. I've seen some posters pointing out that she gave you her cellphone while she was working...I for one, have 2 phones, one for personal affairs and anotherone for business, she might had the same package, but you should hand her that it was a good trick :o

Maybe women are not for you, how about the guy that wants a bf ? :o

:D