Ugh! Hospital issues warning to pet owners after one gets a dog tick in their ear

webfact

Ugh! Hospital issues warning to pet owners after one gets a dog tick in their ear

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media Daily News said that the hair on the back of your neck would go up after reading a Facebook post from the Sichon Hospital in Nakhon Sri Thammarat in southern Thailand. 

A dog owner had gone to the hospital in agony after a tick had embedded itself inside an ear. 

It was engorged with blood and ready to lay eggs. 

The hospital issued a warning about ticks in the rainy season. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-06

To all dog owners, buy Bravato for dogs, 1 tablet every 3 months. You can order for Lazanda not cheap but you won't have any ticks or fleas. I was washing with tick shampoo and using the ones you drops around the neck, etc etc. None worked. But Bravato works great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

There are no dog ticks, there are just ticks. A dog is  more vulnerable for ticks as the dog roams the woods and grass, picking up the ticks.

The longer the hair, the more the tick can hide.

But if you work with rubber trees , or just busy in your garden, you just can pick up the tick yourself.

If you have a dog, you better check him in tick season, also not to forget yourself.

If you are bitten and have a tick, check your skin coming tree days, if a red ring or rash appears on your bite, you could have Lyme.

Then you need antibiotics, as Lyme disease can infect your body, doing lots of weird, unexplainable things with your body.

There are cases on which people have all sorts of weird symptoms, did or did not know they were bitten and had Lyme.

If you know, you have a clue. But if not, you are puzzled. It can pop up also after some years. 

There are special tweezers for it.

IF you do it old fashioned way , by suffocating the tick, then twist and pull, the tick can get nauseous and brings in more Lyme.

Be sure to get the head out as well, otherwise it will infect.

If it is that big as on pic, its been some days on your body and the body is full of blood.

Your dog could have really many ticks and they will suck your dog dry.

i remember when i was young and were in Wales, passing through on holiday.

We stopped at a gas station, there was a lovely dog, however it had dozens of ticks on its body.

In the time my father filled up the car , i took out about 30 of them, then i had to go, poor dog.

Lyme disease in Thailand?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marcho said:

To all dog owners, buy Bravato for dogs, 1 tablet every 3 months. You can order for Lazanda not cheap but you won't have any ticks or fleas. I was washing with tick shampoo and using the ones you drops around the neck, etc etc. None worked. But Bravato works great

Ridiculous !

Endex for 50 thb is working as well as bravecto !

On 7/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, scoupeo said:

Ridiculous !

Endex for 50 thb is working as well as bravecto !

Yeh, maybe for you mate. But my dog and a lot of others go swimming or get rained on a lot. Exdex dont stay on.

• Haha 1