China rebukes UK for its "gross interference" over Hong Kong

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

You can keep saying that, doesn't make it into any coherent or efficient construct/effort. I'm not against any such initiatives, I'm just saying that so far it's mostly futile gestures or isolated incidents of resistance. Also I don't think the PRC is very much "communist" these days, authoritarian yes. 

All new beginnings start off small but thats how things can change. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Morch said:

Repeating it doesn't make it true or even relevant.

But then, when someone goes on about "western imperialists", there's really little point trying to engage in discussion. Good luck with that revolution, comrade.

Correct first line.

What is wrong with saying western imperialists. Most of the countries in Europe had colonies. US has been practicing economic imperialism for decades, has military bases all round the world, has overthrown democracies in South America, and invaded oil rich countries in the Middle East, just for starters. Economic blackmail is a key US tool, but also they have very rarely stopped being at war with someone, powerful countries tend to act like rogue states.   

Where on earth did China, with an economy built on copying, learn their imperial ways do you think. Was chairman Mao secretly reading "Biggles saves the empire"?

Is China a Communist or Fascist dictatorship, well a bit of both I guess. Do HK, it's neighbours need protection, of course. Are they doing anything other powerful countries have not done before..........certainly not.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The "Independent" from today described it very well:

The UK is a joke to many countries watching our meagre attempts to strike a deal with the EU. It is almost comical to witness Johnson trying to barter with European officials after throwing away the UK's relationship with them. Now that he is swinging his finger around, threatening sanctions, you can’t help thinking we look like an ant trying to intimidate a bear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

The "Independent" from today described it very well:

The UK is a joke to many countries watching our meagre attempts to strike a deal with the EU. It is almost comical to witness Johnson trying to barter with European officials after throwing away the UK's relationship with them. Now that he is swinging his finger around, threatening sanctions, you can’t help thinking we look like an ant trying to intimidate a bear.

The "Independent"......????..........Does anyone actually take any notice of that lefty rag.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

HK is toast. UK can take in the cream of the crop, let China have the remnants. Everybody from the west having any affairs there should withdraw immediately and bang the door closed on their way out. Another one bites the CCP dust.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

London would offer around 3 million residents a path to British citizenship.

What if you offer and no one want to come. Not that UK any better than Hong Kong economically and socially and has overt prejudice against Asian migrants. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What if you offer and no one want to come. Not that UK any better than Hong Kong economically and socially and has overt prejudice against Asian migrants. 

The only problems that my Asian immigrant friends have had in the UK, is with Black people .

What are you basing your allegation on, that Asian immigrants face overt prejudice in the UK ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The only problems that my Asian immigrant friends have had in the UK, is with Black people .

What are you basing your allegation on, that Asian immigrants face overt prejudice in the UK ?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/09/chinese-in-uk-report-shocking-levels-of-racism-after-coronavirus-outbreak

Now only in UK but also in Australia and US. I am sure you know about this but can’t help but issue a futile challenge. Many relatives of mine in UK and Australia that relate stories of verbal harassments. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/09/chinese-in-uk-report-shocking-levels-of-racism-after-coronavirus-outbreak

Now only in UK but also in Australia and US. I am sure you know about this but can’t help but issue a futile challenge. Many relatives of mine in UK and Australia that relate stories of verbal harassments. 

Oh, yes, some (British)  people believe that  they (Chinese)are carriers of the Corona virus and thats why they got abused, That isnt racism though, because they were getting abuse because they were thought to be carrying an infectious disease .

I thought you meant the UK was openly racist to Asians , which it isnt .

20 minutes ago, superal said:

Difficult to avoid buying " made in China " goods . Even many UK companies have their articles made there . The UK Should be banning imports from China and hope other countries join in . 

At the same time China should be paying for the global covid 19 bill 

China owes the world trillions and trillions of Dollars in compensation instead of handing out a few donations of facemasks

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Patts said:

Agreed, the World need to do more to standup for HK and Taiwan and other countries that China are bullying such as Vietnam and Philippines 

#MilkTeaAlliance ????

I agree. Perhaps the USA can recognise Taiwan as an independent country. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

I agree. Perhaps the USA can recognise Taiwan as an independent country. 

Even Trump nor Boris will not have the fortitude to dip his toes into that controversial subject. They know the repercussions. Just some feeble verbal warnings. Nothing to worry Beijing.  

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Oh, yes, some (British)  people believe that  they (Chinese)are carriers of the Corona virus and thats why they got abused, That isnt racism though, because they were getting abuse because they were thought to be carrying an infectious disease .

I thought you meant the UK was openly racist to Asians , which it isnt .

It has been and is still Asian prejudice and hate crimes. Risen after the 2016 referendum. You just on denial. 

• Confused 1

A post with content that was copy and pasted from some site with no supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some troll posts have been removed.