Immigration confirm Muang Thong Thani office to reopen amid speculation visa amnesty will not be extended

5 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Yes this lines from article say's it all .....

"

Spokesman Col. Phakkhaphong Saiubon said there’s a need to “clear out people” as the situation of global pandemic starts to wind down. The government issued automatic extensions of stays earlier this year only after hundreds of foreigners queued up at immigration centers throughout the country. 

“There most likely will not be an extension. It’s all quiet on that front. It’s been a long time and we need to clear out people,” Phakkaphong said. “Thailand and the Thai government are already generous. No other country has this long of a visa amnesty.”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

It’s been a long time and we need to clear out people,” Phakkaphong said.

Yikes! They want us out of their country. Best get tickets to our country of origin or anywhere else for that matter. At least we're probably going to get a 30 day extension to give us time to get a flight out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's very typical that they don't just make a decision and tell people what exactly is going on. The 31st is only three weeks away and with flights in and out non existent they need to come up with something.

Not quiet true there are flight available.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Not quiet true there are flight available.

I'm seeing plenty of flights from CNX to USA. I've heard flights are getting canceled but that's not what Orbitz.com says. I just don't want to go home, not if they'll let me stay. 

3 minutes ago, genericptr said:

Yikes! They want us out of their country. Best get tickets to our country of origin or anywhere else for that matter. At least we're probably going to get a 30 day extension to give us time to get a flight out.

Don t worry …. if so they shall give you  time enough to leave , as they gave the former amnesty months for making exit preparations.... not Holliday weeks extra (in their reasoning …)

• Like 1

With explanation from one of the embassies of Thailand in Europe, indication is that amnesty might not be extended. The exact words from ambassador: "there were plenty of flights out of Thailand in the past months that foreigners could take to leave the country".

Hmmm....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The problem is they don't know what's going on and it's out of their control.

Until Malaysia, Cambodia, Loa and Myanmar decide to open their borders to Thailand their hands are somewhat tied and options are limited.

They have two options in my opinion.

1. Extend the amnesty.

2. Make a temporary amendment to the regulations, allowing those on the current amnesty to apply for legitimate 30 day extensions, which will produce revenue, but overcrowded Immigration offices once again.

https://thepinoylegacy.com/visa-amnesty-extension-unlikely-said-immigration-spokesman/

4 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

No other country has had this long of visa amnesty.????????, i think he needs to check on that.????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

Vietnam didn't give amnesty but people seem to be able pay indefinitely. Taiwan gave 3 months and allows people to apply to stay for longer

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

No other country has had this long of visa amnesty.????????, i think he needs to check on that.????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

Did you checked / compared ….? maybe he could be right …. you never know ….amazing Thailand Haha

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The problem is they don't know what's going on and it's out of their control.

Until Malaysia, Cambodia, Loa and Myanmar decide to open their borders to Thailand their hands are somewhat tied and options are limited.

They have two options in my opinion.

1. Extend the amnesty.

2. Make a temporary amendment to the regulations, allowing those on the current amnesty to apply for legitimate 30 day extensions, which will produce revenue, but overcrowded Immigration offices once again.

My biggest fear regarding the second option is that it will come together with the additional requirements produced by each and every local immigration office. This is when the chaos of March 2020 will repeat itself.

• Like 2

Just now, Jaxxper said:

There are flights out available, and have been for a considerable time, although I agree not as many as pre Covid.

Did you put yourself on the waiting list all those amnesty months for a ticket ? … Haha  (I guess … not … ????)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

There are flights out available, and have been for a considerable time, although I agree not as many as pre Covid.

1 example already ...to Europe Hub Amsterdam and so on further flight  to ….X

2020-06-22_201200.png

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did you put yourself on the waiting list all those amnesty months for a ticket ? … Haha  (I guess … not … ????)

I have been buying tickets to Taiwan every month. Unfortunately no travel bubbles or opening of the country and I can't incorporate and get an ARC from outside of Taiwan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I have been buying tickets to Taiwan every month. Unfortunately no travel bubbles or opening of the country and I can't incorporate and get an ARC from outside of Taiwan.

I understand , 

but I think the amnesty was  given with intention for some  to fly out TH. to the safe haven they call "home country" as those never reject ...on condition to reach there …(!) any other destinations very risky this times  as all can change by day , so I also cancelled my planned home country trip to play safe , as also my renew ret. ext is imminent  end August /September  I chose for safety and stayed Thailand 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1