SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?

Scott

SURVEY: Gay Marriage--Good for Thailand or not?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:24 AM, oceanyachting said:

Can the religious amongst you please explain something to me. You say your god created Adam and Eve. They populated the world by having 3 sons? No girls and anyway incest is wrong?

God created man and woman in His own image and gave them the command to have children: “And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth'” (Genesis 1:28).

Having children is part of God’s good creation. It was His intention from the beginning that the earth be filled with living beings. Both animals (Genesis 1:21-22) and people. Psalm 127 says: “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward” (Psalm 127:3).

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

God created man and woman in His own image and gave them the command to have children: “And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth'” (Genesis 1:28).

Having children is part of God’s good creation. It was His intention from the beginning that the earth be filled with living beings. Both animals (Genesis 1:21-22) and people. Psalm 127 says: “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward” (Psalm 127:3).

Well, thanks for sharing some stories from the bible thumping brigade, but last time I checked Thailand is not a Christian theocracy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Those quotes from your book of tales, answers the posters question how??

# sons no other females no breeding unless incest with mother 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most Bible thumping parents and preachers that I have ever seen had wild and uncontrolled kids. The father was so busy going to church and preaching at the kids instead of listening to them and guiding them and caring about them. The kids knew their dad was a hypocrite and rebelled any chance they got.

How many children of Bible thumping parents end up staying with the religion when free from the parents rule?

Using the Bible as a set of values to live by could be good, but using the Bible as a way to try to control other people is not good.

But I seldom scene churchgoers follow the Bible unless it was convenient for them to do that.  But I’ve known several churchgoers that justify unethical actions saying that God wants them to be prosperous.

18 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Still it was mommy and her sons, getting it on!

And you have a problem with gays!?

Hillarious!

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:15 PM, ikke1959 said:

Gay marriage is about love... the Bible is about war and killings... God is love....So God will agree if you love each other

"Gay marriage" is not about love and is unnatural.  The Bible is God’s love letter to humanity and His instruction manual for humanity. Between the pages of the Bible you’ll find truth to believe, promises to claim, commands to obey, and examples to follow. 1 Timothy 3:16-17 says,“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

The Bible tells us about God, about ourselves, and about how to live--now and eternally. The Bible helps us know God, love God, and follow God. But it also helps us understand humankind. The Bible contains God’s master plan of salvation and how we can have assurance of God’s forgiveness and salvation through Jesus. In fact, God’s love and plan to save people is woven throughout the entire Bible--Old Testament and New Testament.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

Incest was not considered a sin and was not prohibited for Adam and early man. If the race was to populate and fulfill the command of Gen. 1:28, there is little doubt that Adam’s sons and daughters had to have married their own sisters and brothers if the race was to populate the earth, but due to the purity of the race as evidenced also by the long length of life, there were no adverse effects as we see happening today. Gradually, as the effects of sin took its toll on the human race, marrying one’s own sister, etc., began to create hereditary problems. 

Yeah...alright!

Just twist and turn it, until it fits your narrative and pick the cherrys!

"...but due to the purity of the race as evidenced also by the long length of life, there were no adverse effects as we see happening today."

The purity of the race?!

"as evidenced also by the long length of life..." - you mean the part where SCIENCE says, that people in the bronze age died at 38 because of the sniffles and your dumb book of scary children- stories says Noah got 900 years old...that is EVIDENCE?

????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Gay marriage" is not about love and is unnatural.  The Bible is God’s love letter to humanity and His instruction manual for humanity. Between the pages of the Bible you’ll find truth to believe, promises to claim, commands to obey, and examples to follow. 1 Timothy 3:16-17 says,“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

The Bible tells us about God, about ourselves, and about how to live--now and eternally. The Bible helps us know God, love God, and follow God. But it also helps us understand humankind. The Bible contains God’s master plan of salvation and how we can have assurance of God’s forgiveness and salvation through Jesus. In fact, God’s love and plan to save people is woven throughout the entire Bible--Old Testament and New Testament.

Maybe you should read the Bible from pag 1 till the last page....Or find another priest.....

Edited by ikke1959
correction

16 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Maybe you should read the Bible from pag 1 till the last page....Or find another priest.....

He cant because his hands were cut off when he was 5 for stealing a cookie so cant turn the pages.

i addition his eyes were cut out for looking lovingly at bar girls and of course had no hands to ease the tension.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Yeah...alright!

"...but due to the purity of the race as evidenced also by the long length of life, there were no adverse effects as we see happening today."

The purity of the race?!

"as evidenced also by the long length of life..." - you mean the part where SCIENCE says, that people in the bronze age died at 38 because of the sniffles and your dumb book of scary children- stories says Noah got 900 years old...that is EVIDENCE?

????

I think there was a guy who slept for a thousand years, but not with a man of course.

10 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I have read the Bible from front to back, and no where in the Bible is gay marriage condoned.  No worries though, since you are living in a country where gender confusion is considered normal, you should feel right at home.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Yeah...alright!

The purity of the race?!

????

The first few humans recorded in the Bible, in particular the Old Testament, lived an exceedingly long number of years.  Adam lived to the age of 930 years, his son Seth lived 912, his son Lamech lived 777 years, Lamech’s son Noah lived to 950 years, his son Shem lived 600 years.  There is a pattern that shows up.  Progressively, each generation lived shorter and shorter lives. 

Adam was the first human created and must have been nearly perfect.  They were more perfect in health, size, and stature.  Perhaps the first generations of humans lived such long lives because they were so close to the man that God created and what God creates was perfect from the beginning.  That is until sin entered the human race.  

Sin is destructive and the continuing sin through the generations had a cumulative effect.  By the time Abraham was born, the life spans had shrunk considerably.  

Gay marriage is sinful.  One would think using common sense would enable people to figure this out.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The first few humans recorded in the Bible, in particular the Old Testament, lived an exceedingly long number of years.  Adam lived to the age of 930 years, his son Seth lived 912, his son Lamech lived 777 years, Lamech’s son Noah lived to 950 years, his son Shem lived 600 years.  There is a pattern that shows up.  Progressively, each generation lived shorter and shorter lives. 

Adam was the first human created and must have been nearly perfect.  They were more perfect in health, size, and stature.  Perhaps the first generations of humans lived such long lives because they were so close to the man that God created and what God creates was perfect from the beginning.  That is until sin entered the human race.  

Sin is destructive and the continuing sin through the generations had a cumulative effect.  By the time Abraham was born, the life spans had shrunk considerably.  

Gay marriage is sinful.  One would think using common sense would enable people to figure this out.

Whatever you are taking (I know: nothing, because "God" says something about drugs...somewhere, I am sure!), I am not certain if I want some of it or if I should advise you to leave it!

Your holy book is a collection of stories from a time, when people where pooing into their own drinking water and wondered, why they got sick!

There is nothing "recorded" in the bible!

I am really done with your god- delusion!

Have a good day!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

Whatever you are taking (I know: nothing, because "God" says something about drugs...somewhere, I am sure!), I am not certain if I want some of it or if I should advise you to leave it!

Your holy book is a collection of stories from a time, when people where pooing into their own drinking water and wondered, why they got sick!

There is nothing "recorded" in the bible!

I am really done with your god- delusion!

Have a good day!

Instead of displaying your lack of knowledge on subject matter you know absolutely nothing about, maybe your time would be better spent tip toeing through the tulips with your same sex partner or better yet actually reading the Bible to see what God thinks about this.  

This topic is about gay marriage and if it is good for Thailand or not.  Any country who adopts same sex marriage is going against what marriage stands for and would never benefit anyone except the people who participate in this perverse behavior.

I cannot imagine any male on the receiving end of being sexually violated in their anal cavity feeling love for the person who just did this to him.  

• Sad 1

I believe that God gave free will 

God made sex pleasurable(including anal sex, unless he made a mistake)

I believe the stories of Christ talking about the Pharisees preaching on the street and acting superior, and the stories of overturning the money changers tables at the temple apply to most current day churches.

Most churchgoers need to be reminded about the story of the good Samaritan, because I very very seldom see church-goers doing good deeds for random strangers.
If a person is walking with crutches and carrying a heavy bag past the church parking lot before Sunday morning services, I highly doubt anyone would stop to help him.  For most church-goes, getting to church on time is more important than helping a stranger. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Instead of displaying your lack of knowledge on subject matter you know absolutely nothing about, maybe your time would be better spent tip toeing through the tulips with your same sex partner or better yet actually reading the Bible to see what God thinks about this.  

This topic is about gay marriage and if it is good for Thailand or not.  Any country who adopts same sex marriage is going against what marriage stands for and would never benefit anyone except the people who participate in this perverse behavior.

I cannot imagine any male on the receiving end of being sexually violated in their anal cavity feeling love for the person who just did this to him.  

Love and respect among humans is more than just penetrating vagina or a anus! I thought everyone in the year of 2020 knew basic things. Anyway anmans G-point is placed in anus, and you do not need to be gay to enjoy that, and doesnt even need to be penatration to be stimulated. Just saying

• Thanks 1