Concern over infected Egyptian soldier in Rayong quarantine – among 3 new Covid-19 cases

webfact

19 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

On arrival testing is useless as incubation period is 3 to 14 days. Anyone can test negative the first time and positive the second, as is any kind of home quarantine or non strictly controlled quarantine. Some will always destroy for the rest. This is going to increase anti foreign sentiment. 

And, of course, the tests are unreliable.

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

These thermometers at least have a colour light on the screen. They don't read the number, only care about green/orange/red. If green you're let go, orange and red you don't.

I'm at 35 36 every day in ASIA..So they are wrong. Thai style 

Return Thailand to the People. Go well away and stop standing over elected governments to enrich your dirty pockets. Prayut and all officials must be audited to check for criminal activities. Election monitored and new charter treason death sentence 

55 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is what they wanted you to read.  I am sure there are many others who never even used the program or signed in and walked around the stations if there was a way.  They better be looking at all CCTV and counting the numbers....

And why would an Egyptian soldier carrying an Egyptian mobile phone and sim card necessarily have Internet connection?

Not much free wifi available here....outside of your hotel....unless you've fitted and signed into a Thai sim card/service.

Don't think his phone would be on expensive global roaming??

1 hour ago, chilli42 said:

I don’t mind wearing a mask and doing the social distancing but I am past my limit with the anal obsessiveness brought on by Covid.  The government always presents their plans as if they really intend to rigorously enforce them.  Think we all know there are always at least two sets of rules

You're already doing more than most people around here. Add washing hands and that's basically it. 

The rest of it, thaichana was destined to be a failure as opt-in will never work (Google and Apple seem both to have released an update to their OS that allows for bluetooth based tracing), arbitrary & DIY rules, that's more related to controlling the protests that were brewing before covid hit.

What has especially caused concern is the third case – of an asymptomatic 43-year-old male Egyptian soldier, who travelled with a military crew to Thailand on July 8. He was found positive yesterday. He and his group travelled from Cairo to the United Arab Emirates (July 6), then to Pakistan (July 7) and Thailand (July 8). He and the crew reportedly visited a Rayong shopping and community area

"He and the crew reportedly visited a Rayong shopping and community area"

Seems like the military (of any "friendly"country) are allowed to bypass quarantine regulations, and just go walkabout as they please.

This makes a mockery of closing borders, banning International flights, and the whole State of Emergency saga.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next visiting soldiers will be from "our friends" China as the ones on duty in Wuhan will no doubt need some "R&R" to recover from the stress! 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

Why, oh why, would they let these foreign soldiers out of their hotel to go to a shopping mall and "other places"?  It's bad enough that they were permitted to transit through Thailand.  All the hard-won gains of the lock-down, social distancing and mask-wearing can be lost with just a few lapses like this.

Thailand's Chinese masters obviously arranged the transit stop here, but how on earth can a quarantined person just go shopping and does "other places" imply a massage without rubber gloves?

• Like 1

Just now, Pikasso said:

Thailand's Chinese masters obviously arranged the transit stop here, but how on earth can a quarantined person just go shopping and does "other places" imply a massage without rubber gloves?

Years ago, I always had to pay extra for the rubber gloves.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, webfact said:

Concern over infected Egyptian soldier in Rayong quarantine – among 3 new Covid-19 cases

Now hear this :

The Thai government is blaming the Egyptian embassy for lobbying for the 31 military personnel visiting Rayong province to avoid the 14 day mandatory quarantine. Some 1,889 members of the Rayong community, who visited the same malls in Rayong City (named as the Laem Thong Department Store) at the same time as the Egyptian crew member, are now facing a 14 day home quarantine whilst the government sorts out the mess. 

They good ain't they, Blaming Egyptian Embassy, Deny Deny ,,,

Who let them come into Thailand?  Thai Government /Immigration yes?  

First of all they shouldn't have Agreed with the Egyptian Embassy to let them come in as Free bees of Quarantine.          Mea culpa Mea culpa 

27 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Now hear this :

The Thai government is blaming the Egyptian embassy for lobbying for the 31 military personnel visiting Rayong province to avoid the 14 day mandatory quarantine. Some 1,889 members of the Rayong community, who visited the same malls in Rayong City (named as the Laem Thong Department Store) at the same time as the Egyptian crew member, are now facing a 14 day home quarantine whilst the government sorts out the mess. 

They good ain't they, Blaming Egyptian Embassy, Deny Deny ,,,

Who let them come into Thailand?  Thai Government /Immigration yes?  

First of all they shouldn't have Agreed with the Egyptian Embassy to let them come in as Free bees of Quarantine.          Mea culpa Mea culpa 

It's not the egyptian embassy who delivers the visa or authorization to enter in Thailand

it's the Thai embassy in Egypt.

Then the blame is on the Thai people working in the Thai embassy

in Egypt, as in a normal world they are not supposed to let the Thailand national security go under

pressure or lobbying of a demand coming from another embassy.

The immigration has no responsabilities in this matter as they just control

you have the right visa in your passport. It's the authority delivering the visa

who is responsible, in this case it's the ministry of foreign affairs (Embassy)

and not the interior ministry (Immigration)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's not the egyptian embassy who delivers the visa or authorization to enter in Thailand

in Egypt, as in a normal world they are not supposed to let the Thailand national security go under

you have the right visa in your passport. It's the authority delivering the visa

Didn't you read the News?  they blame the Egyptian AMBASSY NOT the Thai Embassy in Egypt

16 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The Thai government is blaming the Egyptian embassy for lobbying for the 31 military personnel

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Didn't you read the News?  they blame the Egyptian AMBASSY NOT the Thai Embassy in Egypt

I read the news

i was probably mal explained in my post

yes they blame the Egypt embassy instread of to blame the Thai embassy

that was my mean, and i think we agree about it, i just forget the ''instead''

my bad

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2020 at 10:01 AM, DrTuner said:

For the first one, many, second one, a few, third one, nobody cares. That's how it works in Thailand, complacency kicks in fast and vicious.

not over this. the Thais are genuinely very scared, totally misplaced fear.and they should be much more fearful of their roads but that's how Thai minds work.

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

A visa is no guarantee to be let in to the kingdom.