Concern over infected Egyptian soldier in Rayong quarantine – among 3 new Covid-19 cases

webfact

49 minutes ago, Dice Man said:

What is the point of a 14 day compulsory quarantine that is only compulsory for some?? Who made the decisions to let Egyptian soldiers in when they had been staying in many other countries?? This or these decisions were most unwise and endanger lives and allow others to take little notice of quarantine laws !!

Special Diplomatic special pass.  For others just like Monopoly, "Do not pass go"

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The girl checking temperatures at my local Tesco didn't even bother to look at my reading.

Went into my local mini Tesco lotus today. No masks being worn by staff, no temperature checks at the doors.  People stacked at the registers like days of old, same on the street at all the local Talad stalls.  Of course it was 7:30 am and all preparing for work by grabbing there daily necessities.  It has gone downhill as I started to notice about two weeks ago.  

I think this is only one puzzle, the picture is much bigger, how many really came into Thailand under same rules as egiptian soldiers time will show, definetely people will not be happy that Army visutors have double standards... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

the 43-year Egyptian was among a group of 30 personnel who flew into Thailand on July 8th and entered quarantine at a hotel in the eastern province of Rayong.

While in Rayong province, the infected soldier is reported to have left the hotel to visit a shopping mall and a few other venues, said Dr. Taweesin

Not much of a "quarantine," apparently...

Perhaps the military man and others with him, being good Egyptians in Thailand, may have had "needs" that couldn't adequately be satisfied at the on-base facilities at U-Tapao?

Absolutely stupid. I don't give a hoot, ambassadors, Americans, soldiers.....they should all go through quarantine. If they don't want to come, use Zoom for a teleconference. The US military that got the free pass, only wanted a photo op of the signing ceremony....any discussions could have been done by teleconference. Putting the whole country at risk because a few <deleted> are inconvenienced, is asinine. 

Prayut, wake up, we cannot afford these diplomatic niceties. Put a stop to them immediately.  

1 hour ago, CLS said:

I see this story from a different angle. 
It has never taken place the way it is portrayed here, it is staged for one purpose: To scare Thai people and find a reason to extend the emergency decree. Staying in power is the main goal, no matter what tools it takes to achieve that.

Do you really think if true they would disclose the results of the Covid-19 test? No way - it would never have found the way to the media, unless it suits a purpose.

I think there are thousands, maybe millions of undetected Covid-19 cases in Thailand. The symptoms were just not severe enough  for whatever,  still unknown reason.

The Burmese migrants with Covid-19 antibodies just support my theory.

Every chance , but also remember infection in 95% of the cases are aymptomatic , so if you have it or tested as having it means the influenza family virus is working through their hosts.

Remember this approach is mandated globally and yet lockdown has not been proven or social distancing is proven, why ? The research data icoming in is that pollution is causal , inhouse generally causation in infection.

Keep your sense of critique and independance in these days of statism , politicised health institutions

Quite a few health department officials and minibusses outside Laemthong this am together with a testing station.

Queue of people waiting to be tested sort of social distancing.

Estimated that around 400 people inside mall during times visited by the plonkers. Would guess around half of those would be working there so number (to me) seems of the right order.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai officials tracing anyone who may have been infected by Egyptian soldier

24663DB9-78A9-463A-8278-9F2DE94896B1.jpe

The CCSA is asking anyone who thinks they may have had physical contact with an Egyptian soldier, who was on a short visit to Thailand last week and later tested positive for COVID-19, to come forward for testing, said CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin told a news briefing today (Monday)

The Egyptian soldier is one of the three new COVID-19 cases recorded in Thailand today by the CCSA.

Dr. Taweesin said that the 43-year Egyptian was among a group of 30 personnel who flew into Thailand on July 8th and entered quarantine at a hotel in the eastern province of Rayong. The following day, the group left for China and returned to Thailand the same night, checking into the hotel for a one-night stay, before departing for Egypt on July 11th. 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-officials-tracing-anyone-who-may-have-been-infected-by-egyptian-soldier/

thaipbs.jpg

Prove it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The girl checking temperatures at my local Tesco didn't even bother to look at my reading.

I don’t know what model she was using but most of those temperature guns gives an audio alarm when the temperature is over 37.5 C

27 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I don’t know what model she was using but most of those temperature guns gives an audio alarm when the temperature is over 37.5 C

These thermometers at least have a colour light on the screen. They don't read the number, only care about green/orange/red. If green you're let go, orange and red you don't.

19 hours ago, NancyL said:

Why, oh why, would they let these foreign soldiers out of their hotel to go to a shopping mall and "other places"?  It's bad enough that they were permitted to transit through Thailand.  All the hard-won gains of the lock-down, social distancing and mask-wearing can be lost with just a few lapses like this.

It's bad enough that they were permitted to transit through Thailand.

Is it, why? 

Why, oh why [sic] are you, and many others here, appearing to suggest that the Egyptian was the source and carrier of his infection?  Perhaps he was fine until he went to the mall etc. and actually caught it from an infected person there, unrelated to the Egyptian Air Force?

17 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Could also just be a false-positive. The result of a second test would be interesting. Any way of searching for the story in Egyptian news outlets?

Searching for the story in Egyptian news outlets is probably what you need to do.

From the CAAT's announcement last week, it would seem that people in the 11 groups exempt from the normal restrictions on incoming flights are NOT subject to quarantine as long as they're staying two weeks or less.... which would have applied to the Egyptians...

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1171914-caat’s-recommendations-for-11-exempt-types-of-travellers-planning-a-trip-to-thailand/#comments

Not exactly clear which of the 11 exempt groups the Egyptian military guys would have been classed under... Could be several, such as:

Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under international organisations, or representatives of foreign governments performing their duties in the Kingdom, or persons of other international agencies as permitted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children.

or

Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission and have a specified date and time for return.

For visitors staying no more than 14 days.

• Undergo the COVID-19 testing using a RT-PCR laboratory technique at the airport.
  • Download the tracking mobile phone app for COVID-19 incidents.

That's it!  Hope he had the Thai Chana app on his mobile phone, or he'll be in REAL trouble back in Egypt...  :cheesy:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

For the first one, many, second one, a few, third one, nobody cares. That's how it works in Thailand, complacency kicks in fast and vicious.

I don’t mind wearing a mask and doing the social distancing but I am past my limit with the anal obsessiveness brought on by Covid.  The government always presents their plans as if they really intend to rigorously enforce them.  Think we all know there are always at least two sets of rules

1 hour ago, John CS said:

Every chance , but also remember infection in 95% of the cases are aymptomatic , so if you have it or tested as having it means the influenza family virus is working through their hosts.

Remember this approach is mandated globally and yet lockdown has not been proven or social distancing is proven, why ? The research data icoming in is that pollution is causal , inhouse generally causation in infection.

Keep your sense of critique and independance in these days of statism , politicised health institutions

Say What?

3 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

They won't even tell the people which venues they visited so they're not exactly being transparent!
Now all the Hotels and Shopping Malls have to deny one by one they visited them otherwise people won't go.
From what I understand there's also no quarantine Hotels in Rayong?
They arrived Wednesday and tested Positive Sunday so that's 5 days did they wonder around for 5 days?
Seems there's a big cover up and pass the buck Job going on.

And don't forget Rayong is not far from Pattaya

imagine, you are a male in your 40' as are all the others in your group of 30 people

you know there is a city full of hot girls waiting you at 1 hour road trip from your location

what could be wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Luckily everyone at the mall at the time used Thai Chana and will get an automatic notification that they need to get tested.

-- That's what I WANTED to read.

It is what they wanted you to read.  I am sure there are many others who never even used the program or signed in and walked around the stations if there was a way.  They better be looking at all CCTV and counting the numbers....

• Haha 1