Concern over infected Egyptian soldier in Rayong quarantine – among 3 new Covid-19 cases

webfact

i feel very sorry for the little girl only 9 ,i hope she can be with her mother.is she ill?i hope not.as for the rest of it -the fabled nonsense is exactly  that,hotel ,malls, in and out and here and there.dont make a lotta sense compared with how the rest of us are treated,secret mission my a%s.this is just plain old fashioned honest to goodness BS thai style.egyptian soldiers ,well check the rest of em out they were in china another thai buddy thats got no virus,so......as we all know everyone in the mall will have been masked up so no problems there but i guess when your on a secret mission he didnt have his mask on.im sure the generals will be running about closing malls beaches and everything else they can close in rayong.surround everybody with everything we got and let em have it!!

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

i feel very sorry for the little girl only 9 ,i hope she can be with her mother.is she ill?i hope not.as for the rest of it -the fabled nonsense is exactly  that,hotel ,malls, in and out and here and there.dont make a lotta sense compared with how the rest of us are treated,secret mission my a%s.this is just plain old fashioned honest to goodness BS thai style.egyptian soldiers ,well check the rest of em out they were in china another thai buddy thats got no virus,so......as we all know everyone in the mall will have been masked up so no problems there but i guess when your on a secret mission he didnt have his mask on.im sure the generals will be running about closing malls beaches and everything else they can close in rayong.surround everybody with everything we got and let em have it!!

And you believe that all people in Thai malls are wearing a mask.  Only at entry and if they are being checked.  Trip to the Central mall at MRT Param 9 stop showed many without masks on as they walked in the mall, then no social distance seating at the eating establishments, nor any social distancing on the MRT and even though masked, plenty coughing going on.

Perfect example of media hyping nothing into something . Yes he tested positive   But if he wore mask in public chances of infection spreading are minimal and yet I do not see a single mention if mask was worn. Surely CCTV would show it 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Agree. The virus doesn't care if you're an ambassador, a soldier, a VIP or some Hiso. The rules must apply to all if they are to be effective.

Then it depends on how effective the rules are.

Police are trying to trace three workers who escaped from quarantine at the Herefordshire farm hit by a coronavirus outbreak.

One of the missing people had tested positive for Covid-19 before leaving the site without permission, health officials said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-herefordshire-farm-quarantine-outbreak-workers-escape-police-a9617141.html

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Agree. The virus doesn't care if you're an ambassador, a soldier, a VIP or some Hiso. The rules must apply to all if they are to be effective.

Yeah but mere mortals get screwed while the military get  the red carpet treatment. I hope this is a wake up call to the governments strategy of allowing military personal freedom to tour around while here on "business" ????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Why not totally isolate the whole hotel and surroundings and all staff, and all other guests and tradespeople visiting etc. Plus the staff on the next shift?

Seems to be a case of the monkeys leading the monkeys, again. 

To be fair they have done quite a bit that is not really making the news. Not sure how much isolation is being done for staff but where they had children the schools were immediately closed. Several other schools in the area such as REPS have also closed for the rest of the week.

1 minute ago, Orac said:

To be fair they have done quite a bit that is not really making the news. Not sure how much isolation is being done for staff but where they had children the schools were immediately closed. Several other schools in the area such as REPS have also closed for the rest of the week.

Re schools closing, good response, well done.

But my comments remainใ

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Re schools closing, good response, well done.

But my comments remainใ

Also the local MP (and deputy health minister) has got the information out locally as to where thos guy stayed and went which does include a certain shopping mall that strongly denied his presence yesterday. Free testing available at 2 sites now for anyone who wants it.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The soldier arrived at U-Tapao Airport on Wednesday before testing positive for the virus on Sunday. Authorities have not released the name of the shopping centre he visited. He was one of three new Covid-19 cases confirmed by the CCSA today.

In gods name why not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1