Mazuma Miracle 4.5kw Shower Heater Not Working

carlyai

I thought I bought a good quality shower heater for the rental place, but seems not. No one's been here for months due to noisy chickens and this virus thingy, (except agents leaving fans and lights on and doors open :(). So front LED's don't light and water cold. I checked the incoming power to the unit and OK. 

Are there usual electronic problems with this unit, like heater element etc, that I could replace as I don't really want to buy another one at around B 7000.

I will check the water flow before I do anything drastic like spend more money.

Has it ever worked?  Ask because worker hooked up a heater for use backwards and all appeared well except did not heat.  Make sure shower hose and water inlet are on the right connections.   You already know if very low water pressure likely will not work.

Don't be offended, but have you tried the reset trip button on the shower heater,

more than once i have been called out by my tenants.....shower heater not working,

only to find it just needs resetting.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Has it ever worked?  Ask because worker hooked up a heater for use backwards and all appeared well except did not heat.  Make sure shower hose and water inlet are on the right connections.   You already know if very low water pressure likely will not work.

No it was working ok.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Don't be offended, but have you tried the reset trip button on the shower heater,

more than once i have been called out by my tenants.....shower heater not working,

only to find it just needs resetting.

regards worgeordie

Checked that thanks. Can I borrow your tenants? ????

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I am a layman so please excuse any stupid questions.

We have had a new shower heater installed but we cannot get hot water.

The indicator light on the front works but no hot water. We did have hot water when it was first installed but not since the first couple of showers.

To me that suggests the wiring is OK and it is a faulty part?  ...... but then again, I am a layman.

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The indicator light on the front works but no hot water. We did have hot water when it was first installed but not since the first couple of showers.

To me that suggests the wiring is OK and it is a faulty part?  ...... but then again, I am a layman.

Has the water pressure decreased?  If it gets too low water will flow but heater will not work.  There is normally a filter on the input to heater side that can be cleaned (also often an adjustment to reduce water flow).  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Why not buy a known brand like Sharp etc, at least these have a 12 month warranty, and do work

Not sure if still the case but the case was an issue with Sharp in the past - r u s t.  Most use plastic to avoid that problem.  Personally prefer the Panasonic line as they are cheap and work great (but the ones I use are only 3,500 watts)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

We have a couple of this brand in my wife’s motel plus a gas one at home

If you contact the office in Bangkok they will give you the name of your local agent where you can take it to be checked/ repaired

Thanks will do.

34 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Forgot to say..... the brand is Stiebel Eltron

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Forgot to say..... the brand is Stiebel Eltron

Over the last 30 years here have had the misfortune to come into contact with that brand at a few hotels and hospitals and they were always a bear to get working right as required more water flow or a mix of hot and cold water and there is no such thing as cold water in most of Thailand.  Not sure if better now but have avoided ever buying any - have stuck with Japanese and clone brands.  Sorry no home handyman experience with that brand.

• Like 1

Shortly after installing our water heater (Mex) it stopped working. We took it back to Home Pro where we bought it, and the Mex representative reset the internal thermostat (10 second job). It is still working now almost eight years later.

Maybe your problem is similar?

From Mazuma Miracle manual:
image.png.b2be3444c510c20780533b593d25461a.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

We have a  Philips Whirlpool used everyday, still good after 27 Years, and non of the others have lasted anywhere near it  Doubt i can ever replace it.

Have had Whirlpool (not under Philips name) and indeed they were the defacto standard when change made from gas to electric point of use heaters here.  But replaced when had failure of ELCB to operate due to manual lever inside unit becoming dirty - in later version they fixed that issue but in some the reset lever could prevent breaker from tripping.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Don't be offended, but have you tried the reset trip button on the shower heater

I second what worgeordie said. 

On our shower, it's inside the cover. 

If it trips, I have to remove the cover, and press a little button down until it clicks. 

Its in between 2 connections on the top of a small copper tank. 

• Like 1

Have had Whirlpool (not under Philips name) and indeed they were the defacto standard when change made from gas to electric point of use heaters here.  But replaced when had failure of ELCB to operate due to manual lever inside unit becoming dirty - in later version they fixed that issue but in some the reset lever could prevent breaker from tripping.   

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's tempting.

I got in touch with Mazuma Bangkok and they wouldn't give me the number for the Pattaya agent but rang for me and the line was busy. So I tested the flow as best I could then took it off the wall  to take to the Mazuma shop. The Mazuma guy rang late yesterday and they don't want it, but to put it back on the wall and someone would come out Thursday to have a look. Service charge B500 - 600. Toss-up, buy a new one or pay B600 for someone to tell me I need a new one.

• Like 1

Im not sure id feel safe standing under 4.5Kw  for 1600 bht, how much do they buy them in for 800ish. Mrs P buys those blender juicy things from Lazada, as one does after a few years here you do nutty things, i have a shelf in the Garage where i collect all the broken ones. Below them are the cheap pressure washers, weed whackers etc, anyway have a Shockingly Good Day Lazada Fans.????????

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Below them are the cheap pressure washers, weed whackers etc, anyway have a Shockingly Good Day Lazada Fans.????

You can buy the same items from Lazada as you get for high end shops if you want to pay brand name (and it will likely be less than shops).  For any heater you make sure there is a built in RCCB and that it is installed with a ground and wired to a source also protected by RCCB.  It sure is safer than the gas heater alternative that used to kill many here during the cool season.

• Like 1