Trump says 'more white people' than Blacks are killed by U.S. police

webfact

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This is about police immune from prosecution when they kill black, white or brown.

The US police are brutal, They are schoolyard bullies, given minimal training and then given a badge and gun. They can then go out and shoot anyone they like. They need to change the laws to stop all this immunity. If a police life is genuinely in danger then ok they can shoot, but shooting a suspect in the back who is running away is monstrous....let them escape and get them later. 

I don't know why this line has appeared under my typing and I don't know how to get rid of it.

"ok they can shoot, but shooting a suspect in the back who is running away is monstrous....let them escape and get them later". 

It seems I heard this argument before ,somewhere else!

This sounds like the Atlanta shooting at the Wendy parking lot!

Let them escape you say! And what makes you think when they go get them the second time the perp is gonna cooperate and  come greet the police with salutations!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

Here is a longer clip which contains the president's comments

The part of the interview shown was interesting, but she kept cutting off the rest of his explanation.  I want to see the entire interview without her choosing which parts to show.

I agree with freedom of speech, and also preservation of history.  I am against racism and special treatment based on color of skin.

Tearing down historic statues should be punished under the law.  If someone did 9 great things and 1 bad thing then he should statues be torn down and be erased from history.  

Disney movie Song of the South is a delightful movie about a freed black slave telling stories as black and white childen listen together.  The black and white children then go out a play together and are friends.  The black man gives is caring and gives wise advice to the children and is respected.  But, being a former slave, his English is not perfect - therefore it is a racist movie about a kind wise caring black man telling stores to black and white kids that are friends together - but he is uneducated and therefore a racist movie

Now Disney Land must spend millions of dollars to redesign a ride uses the theme song from this 1940 movie that very few people have living today have ever seen that is now considered racist.  Back in 1940 Disney made a movie of black and white children being friends and playing together - Wow.

People are very busy searching for anything that could remotely be considered as black people not being well educate and ambitious people.  

I think the movie Black Panther is a very bad movie about a group of black people with high technology and culture and standard of living  - keeping it to themselves while the rest of the country is poor and poor medical care -  very selfish - does this portray black people in a good way?

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

While going to court and corrupting the justice system to prevent his critics using their First Amendment rights.

Still, as a general rule...it's a good one.

And elections are elections, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This is about police immune from prosecution when they kill black, white or brown.

The US police are brutal, They are schoolyard bullies, given minimal training and then given a badge and gun. They can then go out and shoot anyone they like. They need to change the laws to stop all this immunity. If a police life is genuinely in danger then ok they can shoot, but shooting a suspect in the back who is running away is monstrous....let them escape and get them later. 

I don't know why this line has appeared under my typing and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Solution is easy then. Pay more taxes so all cops can be psychologically profiled and attend a degree course of 3 years duration.

Don't want to pay more taxes- don't complain.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Logosone said:

"On the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we are unable to detect any racial differences in either the raw data or when accounting for controls."

https://law.yale.edu/sites/default/files/area/workshop/leo/leo16_fryer.pdf

Personally I'm unsure what relevance a 2016 draft report (e.g. did the final report contain the same content) has to do with today's circumstances. However, I do note you omit to quote an important sentence from the summary...

We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

Edited by simple1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or, set standards of behavior and enforce them, weed out the minority of viscous thugs and in doing so improve the police force with the help and professionalism of the very many hard working, public serving professional officers.

All good but would need to pay more for good cops. More pay for cops= more taxes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Personally I'm unsure what relevance a 2016 draft report (e.g. did the final report contain the same content) has to do with today's circumstances. However, I do note you omit to quote an important sentence from the summary...

We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

The report you refer to was written by Ronald G Fryer, the youngest African-American to receive tenure at Harvard and the first to win a John Bates Clark medal, a prize given to the most promising American economist under 40. Given that this report was written by a very highly respected academic and African-American a lot of newspapers in the US reported his findings. Here in the New York Times for example you can read:

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police. But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias. “It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

He and student researchers spent about 3,000 hours assembling detailed data from police reports in Houston; Austin, Tex.; Dallas; Los Angeles; Orlando, Fla.; Jacksonville, Fla.; and four other counties in Florida.

In shootings in these 10 cities involving officers, officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white.

But police shootings are only part of the picture. What about situations in which an officer might be expected to fire, but doesn’t? To answer this, Mr. Fryer focused on one city, Houston. The Police Department there let the researchers look at reports not only for shootings but also for arrests when lethal force might have been justified. Mr. Fryer found that in such situations, officers in Houston were about 20 percent less likely to shoot if the suspects were black

Mr. Fryer found that blacks were either less likely to be shot or there was no difference between blacks and whites.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

It looks like the final report contained the same key conclusion as the draft namely:

When it comes to police shootings, blacks are actually not more likely to be shot than whites.

So are you saying, Simples, that when a black academic with tenure at Harvard finds that the entire Black Lives Matter assertion that blacks are more likely to be shot is a falsehood, that his report is irrelevant?

Why is that? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think several educated black people have spoken out against BLM.  It would be interesting to know the average education level of the BLM rioters.  

Los Angeles has diverted $150,000,000 from the police force to the black community in response to the threat of additional destruction of the city.  I hope this only effects the patrol cars in the black areas and is not a general cut to police serving the community that wants their protection. I hope the people in the black communities will not call the police when they have problems.   

But BLM activist have already said this is not near enough money (maybe still destroy the city unless additional money is given - paying blackmail seldom works) They want to police themselves.  Maybe the BLM organizers could set up "protection services", and businesses and people could pay for their "protection"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

The extreme hatred of Trump began as soon as the presidency began.

He has not said anything stupid here, he has said something very insightful, something that is clearly true:

Whites are killed in greater numbers by police than African-Americans. And BANG! the entire premise of BLM is blow away and exposed for the deceit, falsehood and fraud it clearly is. It is not at all the case that blacks are killed in greater numbers than whites.

It was one could say, a genius stroke to draw attention to this very fact, that blacks are not in fact shot in greater numbers, as BLM claims.

LOL. Yes, trumps is clearly a genius. But is he stable??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1