Buriram: Policeman facing attempted murder charge after shooting at the neighbors over loud music

webfact

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

I feel most sorry for the kid's parents, although they should have controlled him from the start.

<deleted> parenting , if  any, easy to make kids not easy to actually bring them up,  in fact its real  hard  work.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Rom, 51, was taken to hospital in a grievous condition by rescue services.

Soi, 63, the mother of the shooting victim said that her grandson Itthiphon was playing loud music that enraged the cop who is their neighbor and lives opposite. 

Son ( person shot 51 yrs old) Mother 63??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Enraged, the father came out and confronted the policeman who then shot him with his service weapon in the groin and ribs. ...

...Rom, 51, was taken to hospital in a grievous condition by rescue ...

...Soi, 63, the mother of the shooting victim ....

Enraged, the father came out and confronted the policeman who then shot him with his service weapon in the groin and ribs <<<< seriously?? Who goes to confront a guy holding a gun??

BUT - if you consider the fact that the victim is 51 years old and his mother is 63 years old - well, that might explain both the loud music (yeah, yeah, that's the grandson) and the confrontation...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

My first question would be...Why was it that the Parents, who are in their 50-60's were also not annoyed by their Sons playing of loud music ?   My Parents would have pulled the plug if i had done that and not allowed me to bother them or the Neighbours.

Second question....Why didn't the Cop go and knock on the door and ask them to be sensible with the volume of the music rather than use his Gun to shoot at the front door ?   Personally i don't think the Cops should be taking home weapons capable of killing people when they could be handed in before leaving their place of work; hence, no Gun to shoot at anyone's doors !

Answer: Because this is Thailand.

I have often felt like doing that myself! - People have no consideeation and blast music out when they like with no thought about anyone except themselves. Don't they realise mucic - or more commonly noise - travels over boundries.

Just today we had a neighbor place a huge speaker outside of his door and blast his music for awhile. It is normally a quiet neighborhood. I asked my Thai wife to have a word with them. I told her it was best to discourage it rather than not saying anything and setting a precedent. She was very hesitant. I encouraged her to be very polite and simply make them aware of how much noise they were making.

They were very nice about it and turned the music off. Later I saw him in the street and he apologized to me! I was shocked. Told him how kind he was and it was all smiles. 

It really depends. Many Thais are quite kind. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robblok said:
6 hours ago, steven100 said:

next time he'll turn the damn music down ...  !!

I might hate loud music too, but the copper overreacted .. not just a little bit but extremely. 

Hangover is very bad for some. Loud “noise” (Perhaps his music was nothing but a loud noise) make them really mad. 

3 hours ago, 2long said:

I read on another news website that it had been going on for some time.

Noisy neighbours are HELL!

Annoyed cops with guns aren't much fun either.

I feel most sorry for the kid's parents, although they should have controlled him from the start.

Maybe the parents enjoyed the music ?  I like music on full blast at times ????

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just today we had a neighbor place a huge speaker outside of his door and blast his music for awhile. It is normally a quiet neighborhood. I asked my Thai wife to have a word with them. I told her it was best to discourage it rather than not saying anything and setting a precedent. She was very hesitant. I encouraged her to be very polite and simply make them aware of how much noise they were making.

They were very nice about it and turned the music off. Later I saw him in the street and he apologized to me! I was shocked. Told him how kind he was and it was all smiles. 

It really depends. Many Thais are quite kind. 

yes .....  I think you've presented a good example that shows I really don't think they understand that it is annoying the folks next door ....  It's just a natural thing to them that they like the music loud so friends will hear & see that and they don't think when turning it on how it's not acceptable in western culture.

They don't mean disrespect or lack of consideration .... I think it's they simply don't think when turning it on.

Their mindset is completely different to ours.  imo

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Why was it that the Parents, who are in their 50-60's were also not annoyed by their Sons playing of loud music ? 

My guess is their so use to loud noises they don’t notice. My in-laws in back sometimes leave water dripping in water bucket to fill it up... it makes the pump go off and on continuously... the pump is by their window and never hear it.. but I do and have to go back and turn it off...

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes .....  I think you've presented a good example that shows I really don't think they understand that it is annoying the folks next door ....  It's just a natural thing to them that they like the music loud so friends will hear & see that and they don't think when turning it on how it's not acceptable in western culture.

They don't mean disrespect or lack of consideration .... I think it's they simply don't think when turning it on.

Their mindset is completely different to ours.  imo

Well, have a similar issue with the bitch across from me who turned her house into a beer bar, put speakers in the garden and plays loud music all day ( regardless of anyone being there). I very politely invited her into our home to appreciate just how loud it actually was. Result ? She went back and started mouthing off loudly . No respect and absolutely no consideration for anyone , including her immediate Thai neighbours. Somedays I really want to go over there with a sledgehammer.

• Like 2