Amnesty problem.. actually not

Why would image be in mud for not extending right to stay without visa? Tell me how many other countries that have have allowed foreigners to stay  who would normally need to remain with a visa? Only circumstances should be if no flights, not to do that well worn phrase a 'border run'

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, finy said:

Does anyone know when all the cabinet meetings are between now and D-day?

Next Tuesday. Wednesday the week after probably due to holiday. There is a useful thread here about "keeping yourself informed" I think by Jackdd

(well you must pay the price of surviving the covid) Thats all!

Well this might be true if Covid isn't knocking on our doors in Thailand. You can't predict the future but I can read you have a lot of trust that the Virus will not gone around here one day like in Europe or the US. I wouldn't bet on it. Sure right now it isn't? but it can change quickly and maybe if people decided to leave now it could be that they are in a way better position. Because then you really stuck here. And forget to going to the Immigration every month if the virus is here. We will see what will happen.  I like your thoughts and opinion. 

This wait is worst than the cave boys saga last year. Waking up everyday reaching for my phone looking for news on this. 

Nothing makes sense in not saying anything. Must be something being done that's different. 2 month amnesty with commercial contingency plan as this is not ending in 2 months. 

Bangkok post writes about Richard Barrow and this is going on. Seriously bad timing. Farang need to be in press for right reasons and he chooses to poke his head up and discuss the 2 price system at a time when tourism is completely shafted anyway and attends some expats meeting blurting this tosh out instead of the ongoing issues surrounding farang in Thailand. 

So there no space left for the real issues on the BKK post as farang issues already covered by Mr look at me Barrow.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It will actually help a lot if they extend amnesty another month or two.

New countries are opening up to tourists every day.  For example, Maldives opened up yesterday, no quarantine required.  In august, many more will open, some of them covid free and no quarantine required if coming from low risk countries like Thailand.

• Like 1