China warns UK: 'Dumping' Huawei will cost you

webfact

7 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Wasn't China claiming early on that Huawei was a private company and not tied to the CCP?  This kind of proves that false narrative.  Now what are the CCP going to do to snoop on everyone as this was their new plan A.

So Harley Davidson must be tied to the US government as their products were subject to additional import levies in Europe and the US government complained and said it would impose its own tariffs on certain European goods.

Just another example of a country fairly protecting its industries or a country bullying its trading partners?

• Confused 2

Just now, mrfill said:

So Harley Davidson must be tied to the US government as their products were subject to additional import levies in Europe and the US government complained and said it would impose its own tariffs on certain European goods.

Just another example of a country fairly protecting its industries or a country bullying its trading partners?

Hik hik... all political thrash

I'd be interested in exactly what is being imported from China to Britain. If it's what I think it is - cheap Chinese <deleted> that will break while you're opening the package - who cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cereal said:

I'd be interested in exactly what is being imported from China to Britain. If it's what I think it is - cheap Chinese <deleted> that will break while you're opening the package - who cares.

Almost everything... LOL

35 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

It may have more to do with the fact that all Chinese companies and all Chinese citizens are required by the National Intelligence Law of the PRC to “support, assist, and cooperate with national intelligence efforts”...as specified in Article 7 (see below).

Article 7: All organizations and citizens shall support, assist, and cooperate with national intelligence efforts in accordance with law, and shall protect national intelligence work secrets they are aware of.

https://www.chinalawtranslate.com/en/national-intelligence-law-of-the-p-r-c-2017/

Huawei obviously falls under this law and is therefore….not an independent corporation…but, in accordance with Chinese law, a direct agent of the PRC.

The UK has similar called the Official Secrets Act.

Ergo, all UK companies are a direct agent of the Conservative Party....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe threats by Chinese would work in some 3rd world xountry but Australia showed that they dont scare of China, and also all western world proved similar with dumping Huawei. Xi Jinping always forgets who accepted his Country in WTO.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scot123 said:

The great thing about Brexit and now CCP it gives the British government the power to reinvest in British Manufacturing. I just hope our government comes through for the people. We can not be reliant on china or Europe (I will never forgive Germany, France, Belgium for their refusal to sell even one round of ammo to the uk while supplying Argintina and as for France actually sending Technicians to fit Exercit missiles that killed so many and sunk our ships).

All I can do is LOL LOL

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

there is something that doesn't sound good, smelling fishy. Huawei claims it has nothing to do with Chinese government, it claims to be a private entity/company and doesn't receive orders from Chinese government and yet the Chinese government is taking action against any country denying Huawei access to their network, why is that??? some countries are doing to Huawei the same thing China does to a foreigner company trying to operate in China, what goes around comes around

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8505897/MPs-slam-Huawei-bosses-claims-independent-Beijing.html

Furious MPs today told Huawei bosses that their claims of the Chinese firm being 'independent' of Beijing's influence are 'not credible'. 

The bosses said the tech giant is 'independent from any government' but MPs said 'it just simply isn't credible that if China wanted Huawei to do something you would have the ability to resist that'. 

9 hours ago, NightSky said:

A sign of things to come. Beware those buying into the scheme, you only have to look how they treat their own people.

I think you should look a bit closer - You will find that the vast majority of Chinese are much better of now .. than compared with 20 or 30 years ago  .. What most Chinese like is a strong and stable government, which have a long therm strategy. And are capable of delivering it.  Our western way of 'democracy' does not get good media. 

As long as they have food on the table .... can send kids to school .. free health care ... smart phones .... They are happy as can be ...

The other thing you should consider .. One thing the Chinese are good at .. Is to endure hardship .. its in there blood ... Maybe that will change over a generations or so as they get more comfortable......

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

I think you should look a bit closer - You will find that the vast majority of Chinese are much better of now .. than compared with 20 or 30 years ago  .. What most Chinese like is a strong and stable government, which have a long therm strategy. And are capable of delivering it.  Our western way of 'democracy' does not get good media. 

As long as they have food on the table .... can send kids to school .. free health care ... smart phones .... They are happy as can be ...

The other thing you should consider .. One thing the Chinese are good at .. Is to endure hardship .. its in there blood ... Maybe that will change over a generations or so as they get more comfortable......

It can change in one or two generations. The rural Thais of my generation, born in the 1950s and 60s, are tough. They can work in the fields, come rain or shine, usually the latter.

The kids now.....'Where's my phone? Ooooh, the mosquitoes are biting, where's the nearest air-con room?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bannork said:

It can change in one or two generations. The rural Thais of my generation, born in the 1950s and 60s, are tough. They can work in the fields, come rain or shine, usually the latter.

The kids now.....'Where's my phone? Ooooh, the mosquitoes are biting, where's the nearest air-con room?

Very true ... But then Thailand have been much more influenced by the west ... Compared to China in general.  Hence why the 'general difficulty' in China with free and open access to western media / internet etc ...

Stability  /  Order / Prosperity (make it better tomorrow than it is today) is what matters ....

As long as >80% feel that is happening .... Then I think any fundamental change will be long time coming.....   

• Like 2

Why does no one talk about the idea that Chinese, a country is lobbying for Huawei, a supposed "private"company? And we wonder why some governments in the world think that the Chinese government will use Huawei to its advantage to spy on and use western countries to their advantage, and all the while, Angela Merkel twiddles her thumbs, and continues to do business as usual with China. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes now that they are no longer in the EU they will either bend over to the US or China. They lost a lot of power by leaving a block. The Brits will have to get used to that.

least we won,t have to bend down to the eu.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scot123 said:

The great thing about Brexit and now CCP it gives the British government the power to reinvest in British Manufacturing. I just hope our government comes through for the people. We can not be reliant on china or Europe (I will never forgive Germany, France, Belgium for their refusal to sell even one round of ammo to the uk while supplying Argintina and as for France actually sending Technicians to fit Exercit missiles that killed so many and sunk our ships).

shows what short memories people have got,still we,re out of it now.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

The indications are that Britain has responded to US demands.

Get used to it, there’s more to come.

Only an indication to those whose politics it suits.

Other countries are also waking up to what China is really up to.

No the slow navel contemplating easily conned EU though.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, car720 said:

The CCP are a montruous regime, no doubt about it, but we should all remember that the mainstay of the American economy is war.  Big money in selling stuff.

We should all remember. Well now. I think on at least a couple of past topics the claim regarding war being the mainstay of American economy were demonstrated to be wrong, all the more so with regard to exports and sales. While it's a very visible part, I doubt it actually makes it into the top ten.

23 hours ago, ravip said:

Do you honestly claim that China's 'competitors' are ANY better?

Why?

Yes, they are.

Not perfect, by any means. But certainly qualifying for the "ANY better" low bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mrfill said:

Not getting into whether the whole mini-trade-war there was righteous or even a good idea. But it ought to be pointed out that at the time, in terms of tariffs and such, the USA was still one of the most "open" economies. I've no idea how things stand today, but I'd wager that, at worst, the USA is on par with other nations.

20 hours ago, mrfill said:

The UK has similar called the Official Secrets Act.

Ergo, all UK companies are a direct agent of the Conservative Party....

I don't think that the Official Secrets Act compels any UK private sector representatives to act in service of various intelligence services. I'm not sure it can even be applied without consent, unless referring to specific posts.