Despite Trump’s pressure, most Americans think it is unsafe to reopen schools: Reuters poll

webfact

On 7/17/2020 at 6:55 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

Send the little brats back to skool and then the parents can go back to filling up them empty offices. Trump is an idiot but he is right about opening the economy and schools up.

You don't  have children I would guess. Also not much education,  in spelling English at least.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Redline said:

Did you ever think they will spread it to their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and everyone else ????

Naturally, we have 4 kids, I have a pre-existing condition, if I get it, I get it, if I die, I die, not much we can do about it, kids need to learn and the show must go on as the saying goes.

I will also watch out for lighting when walking in the rain, and the bus/car/bikes on the road, planes in the sky, trains at crossings, mozzies, snakes etc etc etc ????

It would appear that in the USA,  the schools are really child care facilities

so that parents can go to their jobs.  The exulted, genius boy President Trump

looks at the situation in this way, so wants all the schools to be open, so Mom,  and 

Dad can go back to a job that may still be there for them.     Trump does not

care if the children or teens get covid at school, he just wants the parents

working and paying their taxes.  What a great leader he is,  NOT!     I do hope there

is enough intelligent Americans in November that vote this loser out of office,  but 

time will tell.    What I seen in a video of Palm Beach Florida recently though, showed me

of how some people are pure idiots.  They were up in arms about having to wear a mask.

Of course they were feeling that this mask was doing in their freedom.

Of course social distancing is a foreign concept to so many of the American people as 

well, and some just cannot stand change of any kind and will protest at a drop of a hat.

So glad that I do not live in that country.  

Geezer 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 5:17 AM, mtls2005 said:

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany | 7/16/2020

MS. MCENANY:  "You know, the President has said unmistakably that he wants schools to open.  And I was just in the Oval talking to him about that.  And when he says open, he means open in full — kids being able to attend each and every day at their school.

The science should not stand in the way of this.”

A proven out of context quote that ignores what she actually said. 

She specifically said that science has shown that examples and data are clearly indicating in several European countries that the risk is very low. 

Typical media twist on reality for political purposes. And, you parrot the same blather. 

4 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

She specifically said that science has shown that examples and data are clearly indicating in several European countries that the risk is very low. 

Typical media twist on reality for political purposes. And, you parrot the same blather. 

She said many things...all in the same reply, including "The science is on our side". Talk about blather.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-7-16-2020/

The science should not stand in the way of this.  And as Dr. Scott Atlas said — I thought this was a good quote — “Of course, we can [do it].  Everyone else in the…Western world, our peer nations are doing it.  We are the outlier here.”

The science is very clear on this, that — you know, for instance, you look at the JAMA Pediatrics study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than that of seasonal flu.

The science is on our side here, and we encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science, open our schools.  It’s very damaging to our children: There is a lack of reporting of abuse; there’s mental depressions that are not addressed; suicidal ideations that are not addressed when students are not in school.  Our schools are extremely important, they’re essential, and they must reopen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Can you please explain why you think a comparison to European countries, where the virus is on the decline, is a valid one?

And if she really said that 'science has shown that examples and data are clearly indicating in several European countries that the risk is very low' she is lying.

28 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

She said many things...all in the same reply, including "The science is on our side". Talk about blather.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-kayleigh-mcenany-7-16-2020/

The science should not stand in the way of this.  And as Dr. Scott Atlas said — I thought this was a good quote — “Of course, we can [do it].  Everyone else in the…Western world, our peer nations are doing it.  We are the outlier here.”

The science is very clear on this, that — you know, for instance, you look at the JAMA Pediatrics study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than that of seasonal flu.

The science is on our side here, and we encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science, open our schools.  It’s very damaging to our children: There is a lack of reporting of abuse; there’s mental depressions that are not addressed; suicidal ideations that are not addressed when students are not in school.  Our schools are extremely important, they’re essential, and they must reopen.

Great. 

So it is obvious that schools need to reopen. 

The damage to the children being isolated is not acceptable. 

The continued financial damage to parents who need to be back earning a living is unacceptable. 

But we know exactly what the motives are behind the refusal of the democrat party teachers unions are. It has nothing to do with the virus. 

20 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Great. 

So it is obvious that schools need to reopen. 

The damage to the children being isolated is not acceptable. 

The continued financial damage to parents who need to be back earning a living is unacceptable. 

But we know exactly what the motives are behind the refusal of the democrat party teachers unions are. It has nothing to do with the virus. 

Young People Most Likely To Spread Coronavirus At Home, Large Study Finds

Younger people aged 10 to 19 years old are more likely than other age groups to spread the coronavirus in their household, according to a large contact tracing study in South Korea soon to be published by the Centers for Disease Control, a concerning sign as U.S. school districts weigh whether to reopen for in-person classes in the fall.

The study is an early release of a forthcoming article in Emerging Infectious Diseases, a peer-reviewed journal published by the CDC.

Researchers followed 5,706 coronavirus patients from January 20 to March 27—when schools in South Korea were closed—who were the first to report COVID-19 symptoms in their household and traced all of their contacts to determine how the virus spread.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/07/18/young-people-most-likely-to-spread-coronavirus-at-home-large-study-finds/#36bcce57fa7a

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2020 at 7:41 AM, Yinn said:

Amazing guy.

1) He deny problem

2) He refuse the mask

3) He have “rally” (soacial distance)

4) He say will finish in April, because hot season.

5) He want everyone return office, factory etc 

6) malaria drug not help. Bleach injections.

He do EVERYTHING opposite what doctor say. 

The doctor say will increase if like that. 

See..

0DF317C3-60EF-4886-B4C1-3AB23DE4D866.png

You should show the only meaningful graph there is.

Deaths. Check it out. 

That graph you displayed means absolutely nothing. Completely useless. 

This second wave is completely overblown, only to be rivaled by the overblowing during the 1st wave. 

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Deaths. Check it out. 

This second wave is completely overblown, only to be rivaled by the overblowing during the 1st wave. 

This is the first wave, not the second.

First people get infected, then they get sick, then they die. So 1. You'll have to wait with a graph for deaths of these cases, and 2. The graph is far from meaningless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utalkin2me said:

Deaths. Check it out. 

There is generally a 3 to 6 week lag in deaths following infection. Here is an up to date graph showing daily cases vs daily deaths. You'll note that deaths have started to increase

image.png.e310f312bcb7ee8b21f76facaad47da1.png

image.png.947a25c1ef79b2bf00872d994b18cdb5.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1