Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

1 minute ago, pmarlin said:

My last two reports I did on-line both were accepted got the pending sruff and waited and waited for the approval. Gave up and went in person both times. Last time The IO told me they will only accept in person 90 day reports. Have a feeling my IO isn't the only one.

I have done my last 4  online, so it can work. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

on line or by post? 

That # 2 says if you were supposed to do it in that window they name, your choices are only in person at the Immigration office or to authorize someone else. These two you name seem to be excluded in my case for some reason. Thanks again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Enzian said:

That # 2 says if you were supposed to do it in that window they name, your choices are only in person at the Immigration office or to authorize someone else. These two you name seem to be excluded in my case for some reason. Thanks again.

Yeah, it's confusing.

The new cartoon seems to indicate that if you "missed" a report during relief, then you need to file your "missing" 90-day report in person, or have a third party do it in person for you ONLY.

So I'd infer that means you can't file a missing 90-day report online (web) or by post.

Hopefully there will be some clarification on this matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And for those not on an extension but multi visa requiring border runs or atleast travelling elsewhere who now can and has no time to season funds for 2 months to get an extension because stupid immigration didnt think things through. When asked, wait until 20/31st!! Now im <deleted>. My home town is lock down. No flights there. I have wife and kids here in thailand that need me. Wife doesnt work or even have a license and lives in the middle of nowhere. I could have done the dam extension rubbish but we travel as a family every year and i live 15min from the myanmar border so im in a big life ending, family splitting scenario now. Still cant border run, cant travel, cant extend (valid visa to end of year, but no stamp cuz amnesty)

Dam well better hear some good news in the coming days cuz now im stuck.

Did i mention i can get health insurrance cuz of a medical condition that is perfectly fine but not acceptable for any insurrer so i cant come back.

couole decades, 6 cars, 16big bikes, tractors, excavators, 6 houses, cant sell for anything for worth especially if aint here.. Not happy at all with this current lack of information and understanding. I always dotted the i's and crossed the t's and thats why im about to be screwed i fear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I have done my last 4  online, so it can work. 

It gets accepted I get the pending but not the approval only because the IO doesn't complete it because they will only do in person reports. I no it can work if the IO does their part. 

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

True - but the website does work.

depends on the province.

Mine was due in early June..I went in on Tuesday, and got a new slip dated 11 October.  So there was no "missing report" filed, but a new report was filed and accepted.  And I saw the exact sign Peter posted, in Nonthaburi, in addition to several new signs in Chinese.  No fines through 31 July..great, but no telling what that will mean on 1 August.  Seems like to good of an opportunity for a money grab for them.

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, petedk said:

You are right, but it seems likely that it won't be extended.

Can you imagine all those who didn't renew turning up on August 1 to renew?

I'm glad i did mine online.

As Al said on Tool Time. .... “I don’t think so Tim”

I can bet millions that there will be no one getting processed at any IO on August 1. ..... Immigration Officers love their weekends off to go to the beach.

so if they turn up first day of work at IO to extend visa, will they need to pay a fine for being 2 days over?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

And for those not on an extension but multi visa requiring border runs or atleast travelling elsewhere who now can and has no time to season funds for 2 months to get an extension because stupid immigration didnt think things through. When asked, wait until 20/31st!! Now im <deleted>. My home town is lock down. No flights there. I have wife and kids here in thailand that need me. Wife doesnt work or even have a license and lives in the middle of nowhere. I could have done the dam extension rubbish but we travel as a family every year and i live 15min from the myanmar border so im in a big life ending, family splitting scenario now. Still cant border run, cant travel, cant extend (valid visa to end of year, but no stamp cuz amnesty)

Dam well better hear some good news in the coming days cuz now im stuck.

Did i mention i can get health insurrance cuz of a medical condition that is perfectly fine but not acceptable for any insurrer so i cant come back.

couole decades, 6 cars, 16big bikes, tractors, excavators, 6 houses, cant sell for anything for worth especially if aint here.. Not happy at all with this current lack of information and understanding. I always dotted the i's and crossed the t's and thats why im about to be screwed i fear.

I can understand your pain at this time. 

Have you maybe looked at enrolling in some sort of education facility to maybe get some breathing space with an Ed Visa. Not sure how viable or if could be done in short time. Cost though could be a prohibiting factor, also location as well.

Good luck with your situation in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I did my 90 day online in time for the report date not knowing if it would be processed or not - it was

I would have gone in person in early June (no web in Nonthaburi), but I didn't think they were even doing them.

I was ready to mail mine in,as I have been doing for last 3 years,

as cannot do online as I have a new passport,but I thought I would

give it a go, so tired doing On line, and it worked fine, PENDING,then

later the same day,received an email from IO, APPROVED, printed out

paper for that and for the next date, easy, only need to go to IO once

a year,why anyone would want to go to IO if they don't have to is

beyond me.if you cannot do online,then use mail.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, clorox said:

i don't get it with people that are doing 90 days reporting, you do online, mail in or in person, they make it like i'm falling and i can't get up, 

Many were not aware that you could still do them during amnesty..and there are no guarantees they will issue by mail if you are on amnesty.  Web has never been an option in many provinces.  The app quit working.  We'll see how wise it was to wait in a few weeks....

Even though I didn't have to do my 90 day report in April I still did it. I did my next 90 day report yesterday in Jomtien yesterday. The Jomtien Immigration Office was very busy but not the 90 day report section. I imagine next week Immigration will be overwhelmed. After 1st August all *ell will break loose and I doubt if any Immigration Office will be able to cope.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

as cannot do online as I have a new passport,but I thought I would

give it a go, so tired doing On line, and it worked fine, PENDING,then

later the same day,received an email from IO, APPROVED, printed out

paper for that and for the next date, easy, only need to go to IO once

a year,why anyone would want to go to IO if they don't have to is

beyond me.if you cannot do online,then use mail.

regards Worgeordie

I had the same problem with my new passport. But 3 months ago it worked. Obviously they improved the system. Try again next time. 

8 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Even though I didn't have to do my 90 day report in April I still did it. I did my next 90 day report yesterday in Jomtien yesterday. The Jomtien Immigration Office was very busy but not the 90 day report section. I imagine next week Immigration will be overwhelmed. After 1st August all *ell will break loose and I doubt if any Immigration Office will be able to cope.

I suspect the IDC won't be able to cope either.

• Haha 1

mail in 90 days report, does everybody mail in the same address, or different adress depend where you are in the country

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

24 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I had the same problem with my new passport. But 3 months ago it worked. Obviously they improved the system. Try again next time. 

if your on-line 90-day reporting notification was approved last time, you won't have any problems with your next on-line 90-day report.  Unless of course you apply outside the 15day till due date notification window (or when the website is down).

Having filled in your passport-number, the system 'remembers' your previous application and you only need to type the first letter of the other required inputs to have your previous input pop-up.

20 minutes ago, clorox said:

mail in 90 days report, does everybody mail in the same address, or different adress depend where you are in the country

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

That's for those with CW as their IO.

If you report to another IO, you need to look up their address on their local website.

It is your local IO that checks and approves your on-line 30 day report, hence the delay in approval when doing the notification over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

if your on-line 90-day reporting notification was approved last time, you won't have any problems with your next on-line 90-day report.  Unless of course you apply outside the 15day till due date notification window (or when the website is down).

Having filled in your passport-number, the system 'remembers' your previous application and you only need to type the first letter of the other required inputs to have your previous input pop-up.

Thank you for this information. The other problem was that if you had an entry card with an old passport number and got a new passport from your embassy inside Thailand and never left the country and came back with it the entry card and the new passport number didn't fit together. This seems to be fixed now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I did mine as well,

but I was under the impression that any report due during relief would be considered "done" and the next report due in 90 days (or 180 days from the last "official" report). 

Surely they can't expect everyone who took relief, to file a 90-day report on 3 August? There would have to be some sort of 'grace" period.

Suspect this one needs more clarification.

On August 3rd you may already be 3 days late. Sound like the amnesty is ending July 31 for real. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

as cannot do online as I have a new passport

I did my 90 days notification 2 days ago at Jomtien.

For the 1st time, the officer checked my first stamp Visa from my old passport + my arrival card then he filled something in his computer.

Maybe after that update, I will be able to do my 90 days notification with my new passport ?

• Like 1