Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

26 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

On August 3rd you may already be 3 days late. Sound like the amnesty is ending July 31 for real. 

UbonJoe indicated in his post #38 that the posted notification is actually just a confirmation and pre-announcement by IO.  And that the 'real' announcement WHEN and HOW to pick-up your 90-day reports will be announced later (but before Amnesty expiry).

But from the pre-announcement it is already clear that if you did NOT do your 90-day reports during the Amnesty, that you will need to file your next one IN PERSON at your local IO.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

I did my 90 days notification 2 days ago at Jomtien.

For the 1st time, the officer checked my first stamp Visa from my old passport + my arrival card then he filled something in his computer.

Maybe after that update, I will be able to do my 90 days notification with my new passport ?

You could already do your 90-days reports on-line with a new passport (without having left and re-entered the country with that new passport).  IO has updated its 90-day reporting IT system a few months ago, and several reports confirmed that that previous problem has now been solved. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

But from the pre-announcement it is already clear that if you did NOT do your 90-day reports during the Amnesty, that you will need to file the 'missing' ones IN PERSON at your local IO.

Hopefully they will allow you to do these 'missing' ones, together with your next 90-day report after the Amnesty.

But as this is Thailand anything is possible...

There is no missing report you could do. They are considered as being done already.

The first report will likely be due 90 days from when your last report was due.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That's for those with CW as their IO.

If you report to another IO, you need to look up their address on their local website.

It is your local IO that checks and approves your on-line 30 day report, hence the delay in approval when doing the notification over the weekend.

if were to go to Phuket and stay for 6 month, i need to do 90days report at Phuket address, even though my year extension was done in bangkok

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I did not do my 90 report on June 16. If amnesty ends July 31 then my next report will be 90 day from June 16. 

But according to the pre-announcement, it is already clear that you will have to do that next 90-day report IN PERSON at your local IO.

Edited by Peter Denis

My 90-day report was due June 23. Tried the web site using 2 different browsers but it didn't work. Then became aware that there was a reporting amnesty until July 31. However, there is no information yet (of which I am aware) of how the timing will work. e.g. does the 90-day clock start ticking again beginning August 1, or will everyone who would ordinarily have reported before July 31 need to report immediately on August 1, or what? Considering that it is now July 17, the lack of clarity on this kind of stuff is just appalling. It would have been nice if this story had tried to gather a few of the pertinent facts to make it less confusing.

While those with a residence in Bangkok may be able to mail their 90-day report (TM 47) to IMMO/CW (government complex), those doing in-person reports will need to go to the branch office in Muang Thong Thani.  

Since Monday (July 13), Immo/CW is no longer processing in-person 90-day reports.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

Just do it NOW!!!!  What's all the chit chat about?

You can only do it during the dedicated 90-day reporting windows for the different methods (on-line, in person or by regular mail).

Useless to try doing it when outside that window.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

who they said had concern for the well-being of expats in Thailand. 

Sure  didnt  look  like that a few months back when there were queues everywhere for  immigration in BKK, what they mean is...easier for them.

Why not  take this  opportunity to make EVERYTHING  online?

3 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

While those with a residence in Bangkok may be able to mail their 90-day report (TM 47) to IMMO/CW (government complex), those doing in-person reports will need to go to the branch office in Muang Thong Thani.  

Since Monday (July 13), Immo/CW is no longer processing in-person 90-day reports.

Go to another province to report that you live in Bangkok.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

Why not just cancel the need to do 90 day check unless you need to renew your visa.....!!

5 minutes ago, Kook30 said:

My 90-day report was due June 23. Tried the web site using 2 different browsers but it didn't work. Then became aware that there was a reporting amnesty until July 31. However, there is no information yet (of which I am aware) of how the timing will work. e.g. does the 90-day clock start ticking again beginning August 1, or will everyone who would ordinarily have reported before July 31 need to report immediately on August 1, or what? Considering that it is now July 17, the lack of clarity on this kind of stuff is just appalling. It would have been nice if this story had tried to gather a few of the pertinent facts to make it less confusing.

As UJ wrote > The first report will likely be due 90 days from when your last report was due.

That would mean - if that sensible 'considered done on due date' arrangement is confirmed - that your next 90-day report would be September 20.

And you would have to do that one - according to the pre-announcement - IN PERSON at your local IO.

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As UJ wrote > The first report will likely be due 90 days from when your last report was due.

That would mean - if that sensible 'considered done on due date' arrangement is confirmed - that your next 90-day report would be September 20.

And you would have to do that one - according to the pre-announcement - IN PERSON at your local IO.

Thanks for that, appreciate it. Can you direct me to the official pre-announcement? I haven't seen it.

2 hours ago, clorox said:

i don't get it with people that are doing 90 days reporting, you do online, mail in or in person, they make it like i'm falling and i can't get up, 

Knowing Thai immigration I would not be surprised if everybody that didn't do it before amnesty ends would be slapped a fine. Nice little earner. So better do it before the end of the month.

They can go F themselves.

I have submitted one. They returned me ALL the document and a stamp on old 90 days report paper - "No visa extension". Yeah, sure, I will bring two children and my wife to your office. No, I will not.

If they want to put me to prison - ok, no problem, I am ready for this. I am tired of that thai BS.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They have changed their tune, as we suspected that they would, foreseeing the congestion that is inevitable when the amnesty is lifted.  It justifies the actions of many of us who continued to report on our due date, despite being told that it was not necessary.  Necessary and sensible are sometimes different things. 

I reported (well wife did, 2mins in&out) after the due date ( it was in June ), last Tuesday, at Jomthien. Got 90 days from the report day. Not worth risking immigration fines or screwups after the amnesty ends. I have zero trust in them doing the right thing.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that there was 90-reporting relief until 31 July 2020?

Item #2 in the first cartoon is a bit confusing?

Not even just that!!! Their online website is down for 3 days 16th to 18th 5.00 a.m. Great timing ????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

I have submitted one. They returned me ALL the document and a stamp on old 90 days report paper - "No visa extension". Yeah, sure, I will bring two children and my wife to your office. No, I will not.

If they want to put me to prison - ok, no problem, I am ready for this. I am tired of that thai BS.

Up to you, but remember, you can get blacklisted for overstaying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Please tell me how ,tried many times but no joy .as i only live 10 minutes away from Jomtien office its quicker to drive there do 90 day and come home . than waste time trying it online .

Same here in Surin province, the IO is small and a 90 day report takes 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Please tell me how ,tried many times but no joy .as i only live 10 minutes away from Jomtien office its quicker to drive there do 90 day and come home . than waste time trying it online .

The website does notvwork, regardless of the browser I use. Did work in the past. Like Bert, for me it was a quick run down the street here in Jomtien  and done.

12 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

I would consider my wife and kids as a priority, and let my ego take a back seat. (Note the use of "I" and "my"). Up to you as to the course taken with consequences attached. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

Please note that this thread is not about applications for a new Visa or extensions of stay. 

But do send me PM your Visa situation details.  For sure there will be options for you to stay legally in Thailand, but I admit that it is ridiculously difficult to navigate the Immigration Visa Jungle.  So the refusal of your application was probably because your permission to stay expired and you are now on the Amnesty, and applied for the incorrect 'next step'.

Info needed to have a clear view of your Visa situation as well as all the options you have.

- Current Visa (Non Imm O, Tourist Visa, VisaExempt, other...)

- Permission to stay date as stamped in your passport

- Did you already apply for any extensions of stay since your last entry in Thailand?  If so for which reason, (e.g 30 days / 60 days / 1 year) and the permission to stay they provided.

- Are you married to a THAI national or have THAI dependant children?

- Your age and nationality

- Your local IO