Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

2 hours ago, Silent Number said:

I don’t understand. Foreigners to do reporting online to ease COVID-19 congestion. Any foreigner reporting has obviously been in Thailand since the end of March, resident or otherwise ,so one would think they  are Covid free by now. 

Maybe they are awaiting a rush next 1 august depending on whatever the gov. decide ....extending amnesty or the" clearing out " as mentioned .

Probably they dont have a clue neither amongst all rumors ????

So judging from No. 2 in the cartoon, I should be okay if my report was due on 27th March, and I report before 31st July despite the amnesty being announced on 7th April? I wonder if I will have to print off their own caption for them?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I reported (well wife did, 2mins in&out) after the due date ( it was in June ), last Tuesday, at Jomthien. Got 90 days from the report day. Not worth risking immigration fines or screwups after the amnesty ends. I have zero trust in them doing the right thing.

Exactly..astonishing that people, who have been here for years, are using words like sensible, should, and likely.  The only pre-announcement I am aware of was telling people they had until the 31st to get the proper visa, or "gettout.". Lots of the visa runner brigade are already practicing their "I am a victim" speeches, and getting their GoFundMe pages ready.  I imagine the world will end without all these do-gooders propping up the local 7-11, err I mean economy.

Edited by moontang
  • Thanks 1

Doing online would be great if only it was working. Probably it will never function properly for people who got a new passport or those who are staying in the country for more than 10 years. ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Maybe they are awaiting a rush next 1 august depending on whatever the gov. decide ....extending amnesty or the" clearing out " as mentioned .

Probably they dont have a clue neither amongst all rumors ????

My guess and this is just conjecture, but based on the news today from the Nation that a 3rd extension is being put forward to the cabinet for consideration, I think it is highly likely an extension WILL be announced, HOWEVER, this new extension may or may not include 90-day reporting and certain other types of things that may require an applicant to come in in person. That's why they've decided to open the secondary facilities in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

I repeat, this is my personal opinion but I'm going by what the news has said. Everything should be clear by Friday next week at the latest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did my 90 day report last month...online  (I've been doing online reports since 2015)

last night did my Khmer gf's 90 day report  L-A visa) online

both approved ( Phuket office) within 24 hours.

Zero reason to wait.

4 minutes ago, balpomoreli said:

Is the app working for anyone? It used to work for me but now it's not doing anything

I did mine 4 days ago. It seemed to be working fine. Today I checked to see if it got approved, I had to hit the button about 8 times before it moved to another page, and the answer came up that it was still pending. So It seems that part of the site is working.

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why did you bother [to do your 90-Days report] ? //

Because it takes just 3 minutes to do on computer,

and because it will avoid to have to go to the Immigration Office after Amnesty finished.

One visit a year to Immigration Office is well enough ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Doing online would be great if only it was working. Probably it will never function properly for people who got a new passport or those who are staying in the country for more than 10 years. ????

Uh? I am living here for more than 10 years, have to replace my passport at least twice during this period, and never* had problem doing my 90-Days reports online... :unsure:

*never, except one time when they closed the system during a few months, a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, drbeach said:

My guess and this is just conjecture, but based on the news today from the Nation that a 3rd extension is being put forward to the cabinet for consideration, I think it is highly likely an extension WILL be announced, HOWEVER, this new extension may or may not include 90-day reporting and certain other types of things that may require an applicant to come in in person. That's why they've decided to open the secondary facilities in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

I repeat, this is my personal opinion but I'm going by what the news has said. Everything should be clear by Friday next week at the latest.

That is quit a good guess because prepairing the extra capacity and pushing a bit for the 90 day by post ...

Anybody thinking reason can now already understand they can ease the Immigration system but not wiping it away by alternating amnesty's in a row , if one more is given it shall be meant to give chance to "arrange" the ones with improper stay / visa or any other system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

You could already do your 90-days reports on-line with a new passport (without having left and re-entered the country with that new passport).  IO has updated its 90-day reporting IT system a few months ago, and several reports confirmed that that previous problem has now been solved. 

I tried to do it online 1 month ago (after the "update") and it was still not working.

I will give anoter try online in 2 month 1/2.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

It just opened for me. I think they were referring to the app that has not worked for a month or more.

Yes, computer works fine for me, just checked on my old application which is still in the system with a date of Aug 3rd for the new 90 day report date.  The app on my phone no matter what I try does not work so its now been deleted...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

I tried to do it online 1 month ago (after the "update") and it was still not working.

I will give anoter try online in 2 month 1/2.

If you did not do your 90-day report during the Amnesty (it was 'not needed' according to Immigration), you will need to do your next one IN PERSON at your local IO.  That's what the pre-announcement clearly indicates.

If you did do it in person during the Amnesty, you should be able to do the next one on-line (unless you are reporting to an IO that does not accept on-line notifications).

5 hours ago, greggraham said:

Extended stay for foreigners until end July formally endorsed

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that there was 90-reporting relief until 31 July 2020?

Item #2 in the first cartoon is a bit confusing?

There is, but if you do it by post or online, you will have to do it 1-2 weeks before 31 July 2020.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm on "retirement" visa till Dec. "Non O". My reporting date should have been June 8 and I ignored it so I suppose I fit into #2 in the first cartoon. Is the information in the article really an official state notice, or for a certain region, or what? I don't want to go in person, and to authorize another person I have to let my passport out of my hands for a few days, right? Is there anywhere to find out for sure what they want and expect?

I have a friend who ignored all his 90 days reports in the year before his Non O renewal in March, and the issue was never raised nor was he fined when he successfully renewed in March. So is the worst just a 1900 fine, if they even bother?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

If you're on an annual renewable retirement visa your 90 day address check can be made online?

I did mine last month June online .. even though the amnesty was in place just to keep mine up-to-date...

not sure about the fine for not reporting, that depends on the office and how long you've gone over?

Normally the check should be done within a window of 15 days prior to and 7 days after the expiry date.

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They have changed their tune, as we suspected that they would, foreseeing the congestion that is inevitable when the amnesty is lifted.  It justifies the actions of many of us who continued to report on our due date, despite being told that it was not necessary.  Necessary and sensible are sometimes different things. 

Mine was due at the end of June, and was told the week before by a "friendly" IO that I was covered by the "amnesty" until 31 July, but she advised me to "come in a few days before as we will be very busy".  

I went in yesterday afternoon, (normally a busy time) and was in and out in less than 5 minutes!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? I am living here for more than 10 years, have to replace my passport at least twice during this period, and never* had problem doing my 90-Days reports online... :unsure:

*never, except one time when they closed the system during a few months, a few years ago.

Same, and I had to report in person (during the corona, I used an agent). The app specifically said the first 90d after entering with a new passport (which I did in December 2019) must be in person. 

1 minute ago, Xonax said:

There is, but if you do it by post or online, you will have to do it 1-2 weeks before 31 July 2020.

That's not correct.

You have to do your 30-day report during the notification window (which differs according to the method you use, on-line / in person / regular mail).

And that notification window is linked to your entry-date in Thailand (that's why it is different for everybody) or to the 'reset' date applied by some IOs when your 1-year extension of stay was approved.  The due date for the 90-day report is as the name indicates 90 days after that initial entry or re-set, and your next due date will be again 90 days from date of notification/approval of your previous 90-day report.

6 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

No cases reported. You think it isn't out there?! Keep your guard up - that's what Thai IO is doing as well.

Well they did a lot of testing in Rayong and BKK over the last few days, and not one positive case was found - so it appears from that sample that the asymptomatic rate is close to zero, at least in the areas tested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bramley said:

Great advice - except the app doesn't work.

I have been trying to do my 90 day reporting online for 3 years IO Koh Samui just say No Have when I ask them it’s time the reporting app was designed for Android and IOS  would save me a lot of time having to get a ferry boat there and back just to wave and say hello

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Same, and I had to report in person (during the corona, I used an agent). The app specifically said the first 90d after entering with a new passport (which I did in December 2019) must be in person. 

That is exactly what happened to me when I returned in November with my new US passport and O-A visa.  When I tried to do it online like in the past I had to go to immigration according to the screen pop up I received.  The next one I did online and that time it went right on through. So when it is due coming up in August I should have no issue, well hopefully I don't.

25 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

That is what mine has come up with and cannot get in!!????????????????

Untitled.jpg

just sent mine off about 10 minutes ago - Ive got my awaiting approval ref. no.

So, here i am awaiting.

I guess for now I'll go with what UJ says in post #64 and plan to go (or send someone) out to Chaeng Wattana 90 days from the one I skipped on June 8, which will be Sept. 6. However, that is a Sunday, so assuming they are not open on Sundays, do I go the Friday before or the Monday after?

And if there is a fine I couldn't care less.