Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Both me and my partner both try to do out 90 day report online. 

Many times it goes through fine...other times it does not...just says 'pending' and so in the end we have to go in to the IO ourselves. 

No reason for it....almost like the person's job it is to check the online notifications is not doing it or only does a set amount each time.

When you succeeded in filing your 90-day report on-line and it says PENDING for too long (say 2 working days), just call your local Immigration office - it are they that received it and have to approve it - and enquire about it.  Often it is then cleared on the spot, and in case there is a problem you can still do it in person in the 7 days after due date.

NOTE: As mentioned many times already it is NOT needed to do it in person during the Amnesty.  But if you worry about it and it is a small effort to visit your local IO then you could consider doing so.

22 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm on "retirement" visa till Dec. "Non O". My reporting date should have been June 8 and I ignored it so I suppose I fit into #2 in the first cartoon. Is the information in the article really an official state notice, or for a certain region, or what? I don't want to go in person, and to authorize another person I have to let my passport out of my hands for a few days, right? Is there anywhere to find out for sure what they want and expect?

I have a friend who ignored all his 90 days reports in the year before his Non O renewal in March, and the issue was never raised nor was he fined when he successfully renewed in March. So is the worst just a 1900 fine, if they even bother?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I was told the fine would be ฿5,000 if I failed to report next time.

56 minutes ago, Old Dissenter said:

I was told the fine would be ฿5,000 if I failed to report next time.

I don't give a s**t about any fine, I can afford it. But if they throw me out of the country and I have to go back to California (my nominal home) I might die from Covid at my advanced age. But my present plan is to report in person 90 days from the one I skipped during the window of amnesty.

3 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

From the Thai Immigration website 5 minutes ago.  No point trying to do online reporting etc because they are not working until 20th July according to this.  <deleted> they don't flag this when you attempt to use them from a PC too gawd only knows.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think that refers to the mobile apps.?

This link works for me

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I did not try a filing, I don't need to but I am able to query the DB for my past ~ 13 reports so assume you could make a report.

Can you get to that page?

The "undergoing repair" date has already been put back twice.  I need to do a 90 days before 2 August (thank Buddha they've extended!).  Looks like it could be an 'in person' job.

The exranet link doesn't work for me - it's been unreachable since the new immigration website went on line (but not working) a couple of weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, phetchy said:

The exranet link doesn't work for me - it's been unreachable since the new immigration website went on line (but not working) a couple of weeks ago.

This one just woked for me. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

If you using a VPN or you have a IP address from some internet providers it will not work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I urge the Thai immigration to adjust their internal laws, rules and regulations and abolish this 90-days notification business.

It serves no other purpose but steaming down the alien neck (including the dirty farangs) while keeping thousands of civil servants in one of the most unnecessary employs one could imagine. 

The Vietnam war was won by the North Vietnamese some 45 years ago hence get rid of those dinosaur rules and regulations from those days where millions of aliens roamed the Siamese soil without the authorities really knowing, who does what where ........ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I urge the Thai immigration to adjust their internal laws, rules and regulations and abolish this 90-days notification business.

I think maybe immigration would like to able to do it. But is in the immigration act written in 1979 has never been amended or rewritten.

The government and parliament would have to be willing to change it. I suspect it may of been tried but it got blocked by the bureaucrats in Bangkok at the various ministries that would have to approve it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

This one just woked for me. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

If you using a VPN or you have a IP address from some internet providers it will not work.

I tried couple times in the last days using browsers Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, IE tab all without a VPN the only result so far is via Explorer but when I close window with Kings portret it stops entering site.

Any advice?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

I tried couple times in the last days using browsers Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, IE tab all without a VPN the only result so far is via Explorer but when I close window with Kings portret it stops entering site.

There is no portrait when you enter the site I posted a link to. It goes directly to this page.

image.png.92f2145bc0fbd4322a4926df0e6a9984.png

It seems you may be trying to go onto the main page of the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/

No problem with it for me using Chrome.

• Like 1

They want us to use the online system, but...
on the 14th they said it was closed until 16th, then until, 18th and now until 20th and I expect it to continue ad vitam aeternam...
*** Announcement
Online service has temporarily closed for maintenance from 16 July 2020 (00.01 AM) to 20 July 2020 (05.00 AM)
Sorry for any inconvenience. ***

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no portrait when you enter the site I posted a link to. It goes directly to this page.

image.png.92f2145bc0fbd4322a4926df0e6a9984.png

It seems you may be trying to go onto the main page of the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/

No problem with it for me using Chrome.

Sorry forgot to mention...indeed that was the main page via google but nevertheless could not enter, tried your link again via Chrome...nothing! In the past I had no problems to visite immi websites but now cannot...strange?!

9 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

Sorry forgot to mention...indeed that was the main page via google but nevertheless could not enter, tried your link again via Chrome...nothing! In the past I had no problems to visite immi websites but now cannot...strange?!

The problem could be with your Internet provider/connection or you using a VPN.

Try doing it using the PC from a friend, or at an Internet cafe.

There is no need to upload any documents when doing your 90-day report, so if you have your passport with the TM-6 arrival/departure card at hand you will be able to fill in all the required inputs.  Typically takes less than 10 minutes.

22 minutes ago, Snoopax said:

They want us to use the online system, but...
on the 14th they said it was closed until 16th, then until, 18th and now until 20th and I expect it to continue ad vitam aeternam...

That appears to be only for the mobile apps that have been dead for about a month.

The online site is still working. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rgrdns said:

tried your link again via Chrome...nothing!

So if you click on this link

you get "nothing"? Can you describe what happens exactly? Does it time out after ~ 60 seconds with a message like:

This site can’t be reached

extranet.immigration.go.th took too long to respond.

Your VPN is turned off? 

Which ISP are you using?

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So if you click on this link

you get "nothing"? Can you describe what happens exactly? Does it time out after ~ 60 seconds with a message like:

This site can’t be reached

extranet.immigration.go.th took too long to respond.

Your VPN is turned off? 

Which ISP are you using?

Yep...it shows what you described and not using VPN, what's ISP?

Tried also with second laptop same result

2 hours ago, phetchy said:

Ah! Thanks Joe - VPN now off, I'll try again.

OR since some internet providers are being blocked,(AIS)

USE your vpn but set it to Thailand,  (I use chrome and hola)

Thats what i do

Did gf 90 day report Thursday night, (17th when others are saying it was down)  approved friday morn

direct link as Ubon posted above

Edited by zzzzz

Maybe try on your mobile using 4G (use the link provided with a browser, do not use the mobile app), just to see if it's your ISP/network.

A few months ago I also timed out, am using AIS Fiber. Eventually that issue was resolved, and I can reach this site.

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Maybe try on your mobile using 4G (use the link provided with a browser, do not use the mobile app), just to see if it's your ISP/network.

A few months ago I also timed out, am using AIS Fiber. Eventually that issue was resolved, and I can reach this site.

Nope...tried few times, want enter at all same problem as with laptop

15 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

So do I and if so when need to do a 90 day report.? I note what Peter Dennis  has said here but I'd like be sure. :

To recap : à non O multiple entry  marriage basis visa. This visa expired shortly after entry in 2nd week January.  Extended the 90 day permission by 60 and that expired 9 June. As can't leave and return , even locally, I have done nothing since except approach local IO twice for advice about 1 year extension, marriage and income basis without Embassy letter ( UK) as no qualifying lump sum in the bank. Was put off by their uncertainty whether they could do it at all and even if they could the particular requirements ( proof of income source and last 12, not 2, months bank statement). Although I think I might  now be able to comply I've grown weary and so haven't been back to them to actually try an application.

My current intention is to leave, frustratinglywithout anything in place for the future, unless there is an extension to the current " amnesty" ( which I hope applies to me) with my wife as soon as her Schengen visa is renewed ( in the pipeline) and  we can get a flight in to EU for my other home in France.

I may have been here 90 days since the 60 day extension expired ( 9 June) before I do leave AND on overstay from 31 July if the current amnesty is not extended. Oh, and  God help me as I doubt anyone else could,  much longer if amnesty  does not apply to me and facing possible arrest if the local IO checks their records and is In the mood or the max fine as I go through Swampy Immigration on my way out. 

I could gird my loins and try for 1 year extension with what paperwork I now have despite previous IO lack of enthusiasm but local IO is a suboffice and marriage extensions there have to be approved so I'd have to stay another 30 days until approved. I don't want to!

And am I not out of time now for that?, Shouldn't I have done it before 9 June even with amnesty?  

Advice?

And now a new announcement hits my news feed today which suggests some kind of amnesty continuance until 26 September, that Immigration will not accept applications for the rest of this month but will accept applications for "new visas" from 1 August to 26 September.

Which categories of visa? includes extensions or not.

It is clear that if no application had been made in that window yet you haven't left either then it really is " time ladies and gentlemen please" and your overstay illegal....but from which date that overstay period runs is not clear either: 26 September or in my case 9 June.

And should I, can I, do a 90 day report calculated from the granting of my 60 day extension and overdue since 8 July if needed at all now.

1 minute ago, Kalasin Jo said:

1 - And now a new announcement hits my news feed today which suggests some kind of amnesty continuance until 26 September, that Immigration will not accept applications for the rest of this month but will accept applications for "new visas" from 1 August to 26 September.

2 - Which categories of visa? includes extensions or not.

3 - It is clear that if no application had been made in that window yet you haven't left either then it really is " time ladies and gentlemen please" and your overstay illegal....but from which date that overstay period runs is not clear either: 26 September or in my case 9 June.

4 - And should I, can I, do a 90 day report calculated from the granting of my 60 day extension and overdue since 8 July if needed at all now.

1 - Where did you read that Immigration will not accept applications for the rest of this month ?

That's obviously not correct!

2 - As usual Immigration used the incorrect terminology 'Visa' in their announcement when they meant 'extensions of stay'.

3 - All fines and repercussions for over-stay are waved during the Amnesty period, when the last permission to stay you obtained expired AFTER 26 March.

4 - No need to do any 90-day reports during the Amnesty period.  When you did not do them during the Amnesty period, you will have to do your next one IN PERSON at your local IO.

The due date of that next one will be announced shortly by Immigration, but it will almost certainly be 90-days after the due date of the last one that fell in the Amnesty period (which is 'considered done' if you didn't do it).

On 7/17/2020 at 10:08 AM, Excel said:

I believe there is and it has been known about for around three months.  But for once it appears that Thai Immigration is being proactive. As I am sure most will know, or should know, you can do your 90 day report from 14 days before till 7 days after its due date. As it is known that the amnesty ends on the 31st I consider that the authorities are giving you a heads up and a suggestion that to avoid the rush of thousands on or after the 31st you should do it now if your scheduled report date was or would have been in this 3 week window. Seems a sensible thing to do.

By the way... how the applicant can do a 90 day reporting via website or app when both are not working...

3 minutes ago, Zeelee said:

By the way... how the applicant can do a 90 day reporting via website or app when both are not working...

Only the mobile app is not working at this time.

This one is working. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

If you cannot do either one you can do it by mail or in person if you want to. The still are not required until after the 31st and it might be September if they are included in the amnesty.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

As much as I miss my visits to Chang Wattana, I have found the online system pretty slick! 

Have just done it online today, 18th.

BUT, it was slow and cumbersome.

Took numerous GO BACK attempts (following a blank next page screen ) however  finally got accepted to the Transaction ref. And PENDING.

So other members who think it might not be working need to just keep trying.

I guess it is server overload?

Also worth noting that,for those who have submitted before online,  it's the browser which stores the info previously submitted.

If you change browser then it's back to square one filling in every line again.

PS. This is using the website on a computer,  not the app.

• Thanks 1