You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

I did my 90 day at Jomtien a bit over a week ago. From the time I entered the building until I came out was 3 minutes, timed it. There were a total of 5 people in the building other than the immigration staff. Not sure where the congestion is. Certainly not at Jomtien.

2 minutes ago, Joeb said:

I did my 90 day at Jomtien a bit over a week ago. From the time I entered the building until I came out was 3 minutes, timed it. There were a total of 5 people in the building other than the immigration staff. Not sure where the congestion is. Certainly not at Jomtien.

They are likely referring to the utter mayhem that will inevitably ensue after the amnesty ends.

• Like 2

I can appreciate the need to cut the queues. but as a retired expat I have always done my extensions and reports in person regardless, It makes you feel a lot safer knowing its done, but after all the reports of failures of on-line or post, I can see the queues going to persist, 

We were told years ago, that the new computer system was going to speed things up, but what went wrong, by now we ought to be able to pop in and out of immi offices in record time, and that's without the millions of tourists adding to dilema.

C/M is re-opening the Promenada, when the 90 day drive through, appeared to be working fine, if Thailand is to persist with the 90 day fiasco, would it not be beneficial for reports, and other minor matters, like residence letters to be done at local police stations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that there was 90-reporting relief until 31 July 2020?

The requirement was never waived, but there is no punishment for not doing so.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amnesty

Definition of amnesty

(Entry 1 of 2)

the act of an authority (such as a government) by which pardon is granted to a large group of individuals The government granted amnesty to all political prisoners.a general amnesty

amnesty

verb
amnestiedamnestying

Definition of amnesty (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

to grant amnesty to to pardon (someone) officially often before a trial or conviction
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

I can confirm that neither the Immigration app or the online website are working. In fact, they have not been working for at least 2 weeks. 

I tried to do my 90-Day reporting using both the app and online for the past 2 weeks. Finally had to go physically to Immigration. 

I just checked...both the app and the online website are not working. 

As usual...great job Immigration and the officials in charge of running the agency and the various branches.

do you use the dropbox to fill in Nationality ?

I SAY: 
*** Announcement
Online service has temporarily closed for maintenance from 16 July 2020 (00.01 AM) to 18 July 2020 (05.00 AM)
Sorry for any inconvenience. ***

maybe the site would be better if all the unnecessary but expensive terms of bandwidth videos were removed.

IMHO, All that is needed is a plain menu:

90-day report, 

there is working fine in my experience, just remember to do it a week or two early.

for Working Permit, Extension of stay,

submit documents online and in return get a timed Q for showing originals and stamping passport.  

•  

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Please tell me how ,tried many times but no joy .as i only live 10 minutes away from Jomtien office its quicker to drive there do 90 day and come home . than waste time trying it online .

try with different browsers.  

Just went to the website for online again, and it opened right up.  Checked the box after the admonition and it opened up the next screen.  Checked my App for my 90 day from last time and up it popped in the system....no issues.  Had to disable my VPN, and use my Chrome browser, but no issues.

• Like 1

I have tried on numerous occasions to do online reporting - I have always had to resort to going to their offices to get it done. Each time I ask someone there about doing it online and nobody is interested in helping me figure out why it does not work. My 90- day is due before the 27th. I will get it done next week.

58 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

I just checked...both the app and the online website are not working. 

The TM47 mobile app (ImmeService) has been "off line" for at least a few weeks. Believe this and the TM30 mobile apps remain inaccessible.

The web-based reporting site https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do appears to me to be up and working. I was able to check on a previously filed report.

By "not working" what do you mean, exactly?

As an AIS fiber broadband customer I was unable to connect to any Immigration web pages a few months ago, but that problem was resolved.

4 minutes ago, Deli said:

Did my 90 days hello personally and got <deleted> from the IO, coz of not doing it online. Was the only person at Immigration office. Obviously disturbed their breakfast.

It's not even required. Good call from io.

7 hours ago, Bramley said:

Great advice - except the app doesn't work.

Yep, hasn't worked all month, reinstalled it twice, reported it to the Hotline.

Now i notice on the Webb site they say it is closed for maintence.lol

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

They are likely referring to the utter mayhem that will inevitably ensue after the amnesty ends.

So your suggesting that whenever amnesty ends that everyone needs to do 90 day report if they skipped durning amnesty. 

Serious!

Your 90 after amnesty will be due 90 after your last skipped one

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So your suggesting that whenever amnesty ends that everyone needs to do 90 day report if they skipped durning amnesty. 

Serious!

Your 90 after amnesty will be due 90 after your last skipped one

Time to Chill and wait and see the actual verbiage.  As much as it should be what you say, who knows until its in writing.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

Thai Immigration should make 90 day Reports online work first Before they Urge the Foreigners to do the online Reporting. 

As for the doing it by Post ,It's quicker to go to the ImmOffice down here than going to the Post Office . 

I do mine as Normal No Fuss No Worries.  ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So do I and if so when need to do a 90 day report.? I note what Peter Dennis  has said here but I'd like be sure. :

To recap : à non O multiple entry  marriage basis visa. This visa expired shortly after entry in 2nd week January.  Extended the 90 day permission by 60 and that expired 9 June. As can't leave and return , even locally, I have done nothing since except approach local IO twice for advice about 1 year extension, marriage and income basis without Embassy letter ( UK) as no qualifying lump sum in the bank. Was put off by their uncertainty whether they could do it at all and even if they could the particular requirements ( proof of income source and last 12, not 2, months bank statement). Although I think I might  now be able to comply I've grown weary and so haven't been back to them to actually try an application.

My current intention is to leave, frustratinglywithout anything in place for the future, unless there is an extension to the current " amnesty" ( which I hope applies to me) with my wife as soon as her Schengen visa is renewed ( in the pipeline) and  we can get a flight in to EU for my other home in France.

I may have been here 90 days since the 60 day extension expired ( 9 June) before I do leave AND on overstay from 31 July if the current amnesty is not extended. Oh, and  God help me as I doubt anyone else could,  much longer if amnesty  does not apply to me and facing possible arrest if the local IO checks their records and is In the mood or the max fine as I go through Swampy Immigration on my way out. 

I could gird my loins and try for 1 year extension with what paperwork I now have despite previous IO lack of enthusiasm but local IO is a suboffice and marriage extensions there have to be approved so I'd have to stay another 30 days until approved. I don't want to!

And am I not out of time now for that?, Shouldn't I have done it before 9 June even with amnesty?  

Advice?

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that there was 90-reporting relief until 31 July 2020?

Item #2 in the first cartoon is a bit confusing?

The temporary immigration office section A opened at the Police Investigation Bureau on 13 July. Entrance to the compound is near the SCG building at the side. To get to Muang Thong Thani take the 166 bus from the Victory Monument.

• Thanks 1

As for me, my 2nd 90-day report was due on 25 May. I could not do it online so I sent all the paperwork by mail like I used to do on my 1st report but haven't received the receipt this time. I assumed that it would be considered as done because of the amnesty and would need to do it again for the following due date of 25 May + 180 days but now it seems that I need to go to the immigration office to clarify that. Does someone has any other advice?

14 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

True - but the website does work.

Both me and my partner both try to do out 90 day report online. 

Many times it goes through fine...other times it does not...just says 'pending' and so in the end we have to go in to the IO ourselves. 

No reason for it....almost like the person's job it is to check the online notifications is not doing it or only does a set amount each time.

From the Thai Immigration website 5 minutes ago.  No point trying to do online reporting etc because they are not working until 20th July according to this.  <deleted> they don't flag this when you attempt to use them from a PC too gawd only knows.

image.png.859d527570a0ade24b1f76728a82fb2c.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

From the Thai Immigration website 5 minutes ago.  No point trying to do online reporting etc because they are not working until 20th July

I think that refers to the mobile apps.?

This link works for me

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

I did not try a filing, I don't need to but I am able to query the DB for my past ~ 13 reports so assume you could make a report.

Can you get to that page?

• Like 1