Ruling party MP tells people to subsitute pork with chicken to tackle price rise

snoop1130

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I would recommend that people consume chicken instead of pork, if pork continues to be sold at expensive rate,” he said, adding that chicken was much cheaper than pork and its protein level was not much different.

Thats representation!  You can't make this stuff up. Children eat more pork due to going back to school? Would think less demand since lots were out of work.  

I am off Thai Chicken now,it seems to have changed, not as tender as before,

the breasts are so big and the flesh too solid (oh ! I hear you say,ok for looking

and touching), but not so good for eating,they are forcing the chickens to grow

faster, lights on 24/7,food always available,the body grows quicker than the legs,

so they cannot support themselves.

Chicken and Pork was all I ate, forget about the Beef,now i mainly buy Pork or

sometimes Chicken filets,been up in Chiang Mai just about as far from the sea

you can get in Thailand, fresh sea fish ,some available but at a high price,plenty

frozen Tilapia,and Vietnamese catfish,but i don't eat that,so I am heading to been a Vegan !

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

Now... if sellers are "jacking up the price" of chicken as well "because numerous people have received cash handouts from the government" and because "schools nationwide reopened this month", then we are in real trouble, huh, Mr. Samrit?

Sometimes the trivial nonsense that is spewing forth from these so-called "leaders" whenever they open their ignorant mouths is just mind-boggling. How the heck did they ever manage to graduate even from high school?

The point you seem to miss is that chicken even at normal prices is a third or less of the price of pork, and is currently at an all time low price, so they will have to jack it up a lot before it is even near the price of pork.

Much healthier than pork as well

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Susco said:

The point you seem to miss is that chicken even at normal prices is a third or less of the price of pork, and is currently at an all time low price, so they will have to jack it up a lot before it is even near the price of pork.

Much healthier than pork as well

The point missed is choice at an equitable price. You should have a choice agree?  Guess you never ate a home grown chicken from the yard or the quality of chickens you get at a local market (hit and miss) when a hyper market or Lotus is above your price range and far away.  Most folks where we live pork is a staple, they make little money and its what they eat everyday. When you hike the price of a staple its not as simple as eat chicken.  A small increase in price is felt.  Not much chicken for breakfast, Gai Yung cooks mid-afternoon.  Grilled pork and sticky rice, noodles/rice/sticky rice of various combinations of pork is morning meal.  It's a cultural cuisine in our area so its a not as simple as eat chicken. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am off Thai Chicken now,it seems to have changed, not as tender as before,

the breasts are so big and the flesh too solid (oh ! I hear you say,ok for looking

and touching), but not so good for eating,they are forcing the chickens to grow

faster, lights on 24/7,food always available,the body grows quicker than the legs,

so they cannot support themselves.

Chicken and Pork was all I ate, forget about the Beef,now i mainly buy Pork or

sometimes Chicken filets,been up in Chiang Mai just about as far from the sea

you can get in Thailand, fresh sea fish ,some available but at a high price,plenty

frozen Tilapia,and Vietnamese catfish,but i don't eat that,so I am heading to been a Vegan !

regards worgeordie

Becoming a Vegan would be a big missedsteak

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The truth of it is more  likely related to the increased export demand of 250% year on year  and therefore the export price of 1188 %  increase year on year.

Domestic  demand is also more likely to be a "recovery" in demand post lockdown rather than an overall increase which coincides with increasing export demand and a lag in production.

The drought has/is also  a factor in production costs due to the cost and availability of feed grains for pork and chicken producers  alike.

I can understand the difficulties  whoever is tasked with coping with Thailand's  economic balance will face when inflation in food prices at the same  time as a massive  spike in unemployment is in the main due to uncontrollable factors similarly impacting globally.

555! Don't pee down my back and tell me it's raining! With the pork industry in China continuesly in trouble over the last 2 years I  find it hard to believe pork exports are just 10% of total pork production.  Maybe they mean 10% of exports generally??? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Now... if sellers are "jacking up the price" of chicken as well "because numerous people have received cash handouts from the government" and because "schools nationwide reopened this month", then we are in real trouble, huh, Mr. Samrit?

Sometimes the trivial nonsense that is spewing forth from these so-called "leaders" whenever they open their ignorant mouths is just mind-boggling. How the heck did they ever manage to graduate even from high school?

Almost as bad as the politician years ago saying the smoke in Chang Mai was caused by all those Korean Barbecues.

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Can’t make crispy pork belly out of chicken.

Good point. I also failed to make a crispy chicken belly out of pork. 

What are we doing wrong?

I know I'm missing something important here.