Gordon Ramsay humiliated: Marco Pierre White’s brutal assessment of TV chef exposed

snoop1130

Gordon Ramsay humiliated: Marco Pierre White’s brutal assessment of TV chef exposed

By JOEL DAY

nyjh.PNG

Gordon Ramsay: Marco Pierre White gave a frank assessment of Gordon's competitive nature (Image: Youtube)

GORDON RAMSAY was shunned by culinary godfather Marco Pierre White during his time as apprentice in the late Nineties with a stinging criticism, unearthed documentary footage reveals.

Gordon Ramsay is likely the first name that pops into the heads of millions when asked who the most famous chef they know is It is true, many would argue, that Gordon is the most famous chef as a result of intense media exposure and cult of personality Yet, the reality is that the now world-famous chef was once apprentice to a behemoth of the culinary world.

Marco Pierre White is still regarded as a godfather restaurateur and cook.

But his reputation has taken on a more subtle tone in recent decades.

Full Story: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1310494/gordon-ramsay-latest-marco-pierre-white-uk-chefs-cooking-recipes-best-restaurant-spt

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Ok, you licked the choccy off the plate. :clap2:

Mummy should’ve taken you to Mac Donald’s.

I'd have had to dig her up first......and I'm sure the staff would have loved me carting a corpse into their store!

In other news I've never eaten a McDonalds

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SVC Porter said:

Once I saw Gordy cook an Asian stir fry with Olive oil in the wok I knew he had no notion.

Even a non-chef should know that Olive Oil is no good for high temperature or flash frying. Sure Olive oil has lots of flavour but it's better for salads and dressings - not frying. The food and garlic is the flavour for Wok cooking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

Everything is up for grabs at MacDonalds. You can likc the table if you want to. Many children apparently do. Not sure how this works with Covid-19

I  had to ask because I have not passed under the arches for 40 years. I did once go through the  drive thru because back then my young children were insistent. They  never repeated the request for such disappointment.

People have been cooking for as long as people have been on the planet. Now all of a sudden it's a science and they try to convince you that there's only a handful of people who can do it properly, total BS.

People like these need to be reminded that they're only cooks.

• Like 1

I’ve worked 7 jobs in 6 different industries and had 3 businesses in my life. Thank god it never appealed to me to enter a kitchen for a living. I don’t know whether it’s the testosterone levels of these guys or being locked downstairs in a basement full of gas burners and no light that makes them unbearable.

I’ve been to quite a few Michelin starred restaurants in the UK and throughout my travels and the food is only a part of it. Generally you can expect professional service and attention from the waiters.

That is, they are not staring into space or tapping their phones whilst you await their attention.

I have no idea how good Gordon Ramsay is. But looking at some of his videos I get the idea he is very good - definitely good enough to learn a lot from him.

What I think is strange is that the media like to make dramas out of everything. I saw a few Kitchen Nightmare videos. It seems to me its a sensational BS series. But I am sure it sells and lots of people will watch it. And what does it have to do with cooking? Very little!

That brings up the question: Why do chefs get famous? Because of their skills in the kitchen or all the media activities around them which have very little to do with their skills?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That brings up the question: Why do chefs get famous? Because of their skills in the kitchen or all the media activities around them which have very little to do with their skills?

That's the key question. I don't think Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver are good chefs. If you watch Gordon make his curry scrambled eggs with milk it's absolutely disgusting and Jamie is really a pub hand come businessman.

Why do they become famous? Because they work very hard. Both Jamie and Gordon are prolific producers of cooking video output. As such they had the basics. Throw in the boy crush many women had on the lisping buffoon Jamie Oliver or the man crush they have on the typical a$$hole male Gordon, and you can see how they succeed. 

Plus of course they shamelessly steal the culinary know-how of Italy, Thailand, Indonesia, China, India and basically get away with it because there is no IP law protecting recipes.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Wow! I didn't realise you were a Michelin star chef, qualified to cast judgement on the likes of Ramsey and Oliver.

We are truly blessed on Thai Visa.

Enjoy eating his curry scrambled eggs loaded with milk. Something more disgusting I have yet to see. Who eats that sh!t?

So Gordon Ramsay went to India, what did the culinary master do in the land of culinary wonder? Scrambled eggs.

But not scrambled eggs as you imagine, go to 6 min 45 to see the world's most disgusting scrambled eggs. First he adds Indian spices, then he loads it with litres of milk to remove the impact of any spices, lol.

Brits and cooking, lol. Pitiful. Looks like Frog diarrhoea.

Edited by Logosone

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Even a non-chef should know that Olive Oil is no good for high temperature or flash frying. Sure Olive oil has lots of flavour but it's better for salads and dressings - not frying. The food and garlic is the flavour for Wok cooking.  

If you add some butter---real butter---to the olive oil, there is a bonding that takes place and prevents the fats in the olive oil from breaking down under heat.

Cooking....sometimes....is chemistry.

16 hours ago, SVC Porter said:

Once I saw Gordy cook an Asian stir fry with Olive oil in the wok I knew he had no notion. One day he'll tell you that all the heat in a chili pepper is in the seeds whilst the next he'll say it's in the white membrane.  He's a salesman thats all and as for Michelin stars.....really....thats not food it's a plate full of pretentious peelings!

I once had a meal in a Starred restaurant and was presented with a dessert that had some sort of chocolate painted across the plate all artsy fartsy.......they were horrified when I finished my meal by licking said choccie off the plate lol.  I paid for it so I'm eating it <deleted>.

Suprised they let unaccompanied children in.

• Haha 2

This is absolutely hilarious, you gotta watch this.

So Gordon in his usual quest for the obscure and little known cooks some....Pad Thai. Not scrambled eggs? No Pad Thai.

Anyway, so he thinks he did a decent Pad Thai...watch the reaction of the very honest Thai chef who tastes it....

17 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Ramsay  is a "Celebrity Chef". His commercial success is  based more on his foul mouth  than his culinary  skills.

Really. I think his top 100 tips on YouTube is some of the best advice any cook could want.

Mind you I am a gourmet.

Rooster

• Like 1