Thailand Elite Card holders to be granted entry to Thailand as applications from Hong Kong surge

webfact

1 hour ago, BMW Overlander said:

It is renewable every 5, 10 and 20 years but each time you re-enter you get 1 year stamp.

Not for the "2000" .... who hold a 5 year renewable lifetime visa and get a 90 day re-entry stamp

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but as we know they are not for immigrants hence the name 'non-immigrant'. Only a temporary permission of stay to keep everyone on a short leash.

Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP. They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland.

Thailand ain't it.

Much easier to go from Thailand to the UK or wherever than it would be from Hong Kong now.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nope

it's not done yet

actualy it's just a project to include the Elite visa holder in the

ones allowed to return in Thailand, you need to wait the phase 6

maybe next month or september,

Anyway they should be under the sames regulations as the others returnees

covid tests, COE, quarantine and so on.

The Elite card only will give you the right to become a hoop jumper as you jumps through the hoops of hell to meet all the many many requirement that must be met to return to Thailand....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

basically me thinks you are not totally correct.

Elite visas are for 10 years, not one year, and they are not "tourist" visas.

Basically they are long term visas for single ppl under 50 years of age who want to live in Thailand. Its not for pensioners but for younger ppl like digital nomads, or ppl living off investments. 

Its a bit expensive (a bit much) but worth it for some ppl. 

Basically methinks you are almost totally incorrect. The EV is for anyone who wants one

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The Elite card only will give you the right to become a hoop jumper as you jumps through the hoops of hell to meet all the many many requirement that must be met to return to Thailand....

Nothing wrong with those requirements (i have an elite visa) but am here already. I don't see why elite visa or any other visitors should be exempted from all the hoops. So far Thailand has done a great job keeping the virus out. Europe and especially the US cant claim that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nothing wrong with those requirements (i have an elite visa) but am here already. I don't see why elite visa or any other visitors should be exempted from all the hoops. So far Thailand has done a great job keeping the virus out. Europe and especially the US cant claim that. 

Sir as soon as they want another wave alls they need to do is say we have XXXX new Corona cases....True-not true it does not matter ....Then is lockdown time again......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Current group of foreigners who are allowed are struggling to book hotel for quarantine as all full till September but they already planning to let in next group . As always great planning ????

Hi,

Have you a link for this information please?

Time to increase the price as "everyone" wants  to come to the worlds greatest country, starting at just 5  million for the "super vip VIP package" terms and conditions  can change at anytime, no refunds etc etc "welcome"

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will no safer in Thailand.

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

+terms can be changed, withdrawn at ANY time, says  so in their brochure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Sir as soon as they want another wave alls they need to do is say we have XXXX new Corona cases....True-not true it does not matter ....Then is lockdown time again......

I am not sure about that, even these clowns in government can see the ' writing on the wall ' if they adopt that policy. The economy is bleeding like so many others. I think all countries will start to identify and follow local or isolated lockdowns in the event of flare ups.

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but as we know they are not for immigrants hence the name 'non-immigrant'. Only a temporary permission of stay to keep everyone on a short leash.

Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP. They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland.

Thailand ain't it.

Which is why the Uk  will welcome them and so would  i, hard  working and dont hear any complaints like the BLM brigade whose every whinge relates to stuff that happened years  ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Fairynuff said:

Says do in just about any contract you sign, be it a credit card, bank account or gym membership. It’s standard, not just for TE.

As  long as  everyone is aware, I  just  point out there is  absolutely NO guarantee  of anything with it.

4 minutes ago, miamiman123 said:

Work permit w elite card ok?

There are two things: Membership in the Thailand Elite program (the plastic card with you memmership number on it) and  Privileged Entry (PE) visa (Which TE members can get), which is just a long term tourist visa. You can be TE member and get those airport transfers & co, but if you want to work, you can't be on the PE visa, you have to get another one.

The TE program basically useless if you need a work permit too. The small perks aren't anywhere near worth it when excluding the PE visa.

• Like 1

Absolutely crazy idea - or does the left hand not know what the right hand's doing (again)? They can't even cope with getting those in the existing categories back. London suspended all COE applications last Friday!

7 minutes ago, bodga said:

As  long as  everyone is aware, I  just  point out there is  absolutely NO guarantee  of anything with it.

Or anything else. But how nice of you to care so much about other people.

Edited by Fairynuff

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Wow 50 people?!

Indeed Thai authorities should be under high pressure with such a crowd wanting to enter in the country

This will push the economy and tourism ???? 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand Elite Card holders to be granted entry to Thailand as applications from Hong Kong surge

Money talks I guess they can afford to buy their way in, as elite card holders they'll get preferential treatment.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

<clipped>

I've never been sure if it's a local or general anaesthetic required for a sense of humour bypass.

Neither........no sense (of humour), no feeling ????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It should be noted that many people here on retirement extensions have chosen to ' unselfishly ' spend a great deal of money building houses, extending farms, paying for school for children they have inherited that are not their own, bought cars and trucks and contributed to the Thai economy. They therefore deserve to be included in the next batch.

True what they say, there's one born every minute.

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I thought their ASQ places were all fully booked until October, so where will all these Elite visa holders do their porridge?

in an overinflated Elite  hotel of course