Thailand Elite Card holders to be granted entry to Thailand as applications from Hong Kong surge

webfact

11 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will no safer in Thailand.

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

For Thailand it is all about money. Retirees with money in Thai banks don't matter.

• Like 1

If I do the math correctly, if they find 1million people worldwide in the next 6 months, who are willing to pay the 500000baht for the ELite business Visa for 5years, they will create an extra revenue of about 16billion US-Dollars!!!!!

First, they can manage 1million foreign arrivals within the next 6-8 months and keep Thailand practically almost free of Covid19.

Second, with the money created, they can subsidise and keep lots of hotels and tourist businesses afloat for the next 24months or until the situation finally normalized and they can allow mass tourism back to Thailand.

I think the Thai leaders think along these lines.

7 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Nice move by Thai government. Elite Visa holders now can leave and re-enter Thailand as they please.

Not true.

They currently have to get a COE and isolation every time they come in the country. 

Plus the covid19 tests.

It doesn't give you a bypass of the restrictions currently  in place. 

• Like 2

How much is the privilege card?  Can I buy one?  We've

desperately been trying to get a Thai Visa for my son,

who's been teaching in Viet Nam and needs to come home

to Thailand.  I've been an expat here for over a decade, my

entire family has moved here.  We love the people of Thailand.

That's why we're here.  How much does this privilege card cost?

Is that the only way we will ever become a complete family again?

14 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

They would be better off heading to Australia where they will be much safer with the government abandoning extradition with Hong Kong. They also have a much clearer path to permanent residency and citizenship in the longer term. From what I read recently, the Australian government is planning easier access for Hong Kong residents after the Chinese crackdown. The Australian visa would also be much cheaper than the Thai Elite visa.

Edited by Dexxter

2 hours ago, Madeline Thompson said:

http://www.thailandelite.live/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Madeline Thompson said:

It starts at 500,000 Baht for a 5 year version.

The correct official website is https://www.thailandelite.com you can apply from there and there is no need to use an agent, it's a simple process from start to finish. It's not cheap though.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It has nothing to do with extradition. They are not accused for anything nor wanted by the authorities.

The just feel that the era of freedom and independence from Chine, is over, and seek another free land to spend their life

Of course the illustrious PM sees himself as some sort of "Prince of the Seychelles" inviting those who own their own planes, so that Thailand will, as a result, somehow morph into a playground for the rich.

He is totally blind to the needs of the majority of the population. .. refusing to accept the fact that majority of the tourist dollars come from ordinary folk, who don't own their own planes. But we do fill the hotels and buy goods and services that ordinary hard-working Thais provide. 

The swell of discontent is growing. He would be well advised to allow the conditions that returned people to work. But while there are no customers ... "A Hole in the Bucket"

Edited by TechnikaIII
grammatical errors
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, fakser said:

It has nothing to do with extradition. They are not accused for anything nor wanted by the authorities.

The just feel that the era of freedom and independence from Chine, is over, and seek another free land to spend their life

fakser, clearly you are unaware of how the Chinese Communist Party operates. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michael19641965 said:

Everybody has to come to terms with the situation as it is.

Thailand is closed at least until September 2021!!!!, unless a successful cure or vaccine is found before that time.

If you have a privileged situation (work permit, family, ev visa etc.) you can apply for the COE, but the limiting factor are not the flights, but the ASQ rooms, 17 hotels, that is a mere 1200 rooms, and these rooms are blocked by each arrival for a minimum of 15nights!

To put it simply, there is no realistic chance for those abroad now to re-enter Thailand in a reasonable time.

And for basic tourists it is definitely not before end of 2021. 

It is sad, but it is the truth.

Thought the Asq hotel list was up to 26 now

would still struggle to clear the coe Q in few months

7 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Not true.

They currently have to get a COE and isolation every time they come in the country. 

Plus the covid19 tests.

It doesn't give you a bypass of the restrictions currently  in place. 

TE does not qualify for a COE now and hence not allowed to enter thailand 

22 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

It is renewable every 5, 10 and 20 years but each time you re-enter you get 1 year stamp.

Maybe is same like the Retirement visa, the reentry stamp is for one year but then no need to exit and re-enter every time but it is valid until the main visa validity

On 7/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, webfact said:

Many are turning to Thailand for long term stays. 

It has been reported that over the last nine months sales of the "Elite Card" (Thailand Privilege Card") to Hong Kongers is up 380%.

While this only represents 50 people, more are expected in the third quarter

???? 50 people!

• Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

It has never claimed to offer that.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Really?  Presumably you're referring to politically motivated extraditions, not those justified as a result of criminal activities, any examples of that "history"?

On 7/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP. They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland.

"Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP."

Where did it say that?

"They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland".

Who has Thailand extradited to China without question?

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Anyway they should be under the sames regulations as the others returnees

covid tests, COE, quarantine and so on.

Should be?  They will be, the OP confirmed that...

"Elite Card holders will still be required to undergo the mandatory quarantine period".

Edited by Bob A Kneale