Thailand Elite Card holders to be granted entry to Thailand as applications from Hong Kong surge

webfact

7 minutes ago, GWS said:

Fantastic news. Hopefully i can get back to Thailand and to my gf and condo. Been stuck at work for 5 months now with no place to go.

Don't get excited.

From what I hear all available flights are booked out and quarantine hotels are full of Thai nationals returning.

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but as we know they are not for immigrants hence the name 'non-immigrant'. Only a temporary permission of stay to keep everyone on a short leash.

Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP. They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland.

Thailand ain't it.

They will be going to US or Canada on the west coast - same as before when the UK's lease on Hong Kong expired.

3 hours ago, asiacurious said:

There are no elite card holders with work permits.  You have one or the other, not both.  Elite visas are basically renewable 1 year tourist visas.

Not quite correct. 

I hold a Thai Elite S.E. Visa.

In the past (while holding the Thai Elite Visa) during periods of work, I have re-entred Thailand on a Non-Immigration type B visa and applied for and held a work permit. 

Currently I have re-entered on a Non-Imm Type O Visa as entry into Thailand as a spouse of a Thai Partner under the Emergency Decree. 

Both times, holding two types of Visa. 

Additionally; The Thai Elite visa is issued in two guises: A 1 Year Renewable (for 5 years) P.E Visa and a 5 Year Renewable for 10 or 20 years S.E. Visa (or if you were one of the earlier members of Thai Elite, renewable for life).

*People with a Thai Elite Visa are currently not permitted entry into Thailand - although I’m aware some ‘lucky ones’ did slip through the  gaps. It seems it depended on the 'luck of the draw’ and upon arrival getting an immigration officer who didn’t know this. 

Even though the Embassies issued a Certificate of Entry it seems there are some foreigners holding Tourist Visa’s and Elite Visa’s who after going through all the Certificate of Entry process, booking ASQ etc were rejected entry. 

*I’m not sure when this phase 6 comes into effect. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HerbyJFlash said:

Will EV holders still have to wait for repatriation flights same as anyone . If you spent the 10 or so grand in U.K. you would just be added to the list of thousands waiting anyway?

The numbers waiting varies by country and availability of a seat on a repatriation flight. 

Once that is lined up, the ASQ booking needs to be secured - everyone seems to be hedging their bets and booking ASQ rooms (which can be cancelled 7 days before the booking).

Thus: the ability to return whichever visa someone is entering on relies on a whole list of factors, the primary one being ‘flight availability’.

Many Embassies are also giving priority to Thai’s on the repatriation flights with any remaining or available seats being offered to those who meet the requirements - in many cases, an expensive business class seat. 

1 hour ago, bodga said:

+terms can be changed, withdrawn at ANY time, says  so in their brochure

You're right they can change it when they want and they have used this ability recently to extend the memberships of all members who fill out a form in response to the email due to the COVID situation.

So it's an extra six months of membership for free, that's worth 50k Baht on the 5 year membership.

Better than a kick in the nuts, especially if you're in Thailand already ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, asiacurious said:

There are no elite card holders with work permits.  You have one or the other, not both.  Elite visas are basically renewable 1 year tourist visas.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They will no safer in Thailand.

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

Correct 

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I thought their ASQ places were all fully booked until October, so where will all these Elite visa holders do their porridge?

Hopefully this maybe be pointing towards them setting up more ASQ and quarantine facilities. About time . 

"It has been reported that over the last nine months sales of the "Elite Card" (Thailand Privilege Card") to Hong Kongers is up 380%. While this only represents 50 people...."

That sounds like TAT's type of figures!!!!????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yes, but as we know they are not for immigrants hence the name 'non-immigrant'. Only a temporary permission of stay to keep everyone on a short leash.

Hong Kong Chinese are looking for a permanent relocation to avoid prosecution by the CCP. They are looking to become citizens of a nation state that will not extradite them back without question to the motherland.

Thailand ain't it.

They better go to UK, there they will be safe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Where is the incentive for EV if there are no commercial flights into Thailand yet?

mjakob007, yes, until airlines can see LOS is open for travel they can't re-schedule flights. Thailand will discover it was easier to lockdown back in March than open up again. They can't just snap their fingers. I won't need an EV unless thats an electric vehicle. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

Not true, they are still required to obtain covid free certification, $100,000 covid insurance, travel  authorisation from Thai embassy etc. etc. The only valid reason for obtaining an Elite Card is if you are under 50  years old and will not  workin Thailand.

Men who are not married but have a Thai family is a good enough reason especially if from UK or USA . These Guy's have no window for re entry at all and why not if money isn't an issue

28 minutes ago, Michael19641965 said:

Everybody has to come to terms with the situation as it is.

Thailand is closed at least until September 2021!!!!, unless a successful cure or vaccine is found before that time.

If you have a privileged situation (work permit, family, ev visa etc.) you can apply for the COE, but the limiting factor are not the flights, but the ASQ rooms, 17 hotels, that is a mere 1200 rooms, and these rooms are blocked by each arrival for a minimum of 15nights!

To put it simply, there is no realistic chance for those abroad now to re-enter Thailand in a reasonable time.

And for basic tourists it is definitely not before end of 2021. 

It is sad, but it is the truth.

That's how I see it as well. I'd probably stump up for the EV if I thought it'd give me the extra year until next autumn, but it's a lot to spend when there are so many other hurdles like testing and ASQ, and no guarantee of clearing them any time soon. In a normal year I'd only want to spend about 5 months in Thailand anyway, so there's no value to me in the EV unless it really does offer a way in during Covid.

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If China wants them extradited they will be extradited. This government has a history of extraditions to China upon request.

The Elite card offers no residency rights nor any citizenship pathway and thus no protection or viable solution whatsoever.

I’m trying to see why China would want to extradite HK folks??? Unless they’re seriously loud political agitators what would be the point. The Chinese are pretty canny folks n would read the wind here n make sure they’d keep their heads down as all foreigners, well most foreigners know to do lol ????  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

When China says jump Thailand says how high.

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Just out of curiosity

from where do you get your (Falses) informations ?

Thailand Elite visa is a residence program allowing you to stay in Thailand from five to 20 years without having to worry about your visa conditions, paperwork, and extensions. The Thailand Elite visa comes with various privileges, including access to airport pick-up services, privilege passport lanes, airport lounges, visa assistance, golf ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael19641965 said:

Everybody has to come to terms with the situation as it is.

Thailand is closed at least until September 2021!!!!, unless a successful cure or vaccine is found before that time.

If you have a privileged situation (work permit, family, ev visa etc.) you can apply for the COE, but the limiting factor are not the flights, but the ASQ rooms, 17 hotels, that is a mere 1200 rooms, and these rooms are blocked by each arrival for a minimum of 15nights!

To put it simply, there is no realistic chance for those abroad now to re-enter Thailand in a reasonable time.

And for basic tourists it is definitely not before end of 2021. 

It is sad, but it is the truth.

another cheery soul

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Michael19641965 said:

you can apply for the COE, but the limiting factor are not the flights, but the ASQ rooms, 17 hotels, that is a mere 1200 rooms

They keep adding hotels and rooms.

As of today there are 26 ASQ hotels.

Granted, not many charge under 50K per person for 15 required nights.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite correct. 

I hold a Thai Elite S.E. Visa.

In the past (while holding the Thai Elite Visa) during periods of work, I have re-entred Thailand on a Non-Immigration type B visa and applied for and held a work permit. 

Currently I have re-entered on a Non-Imm Type O Visa as entry into Thailand as a spouse of a Thai Partner under the Emergency Decree. 

Both times, holding two types of Visa. 

Additionally; The Thai Elite visa is issued in two guises: A 1 Year Renewable (for 5 years) P.E Visa and a 5 Year Renewable for 10 or 20 years S.E. Visa (or if you were one of the earlier members of Thai Elite, renewable for life).

*People with a Thai Elite Visa are currently not permitted entry into Thailand - although I’m aware some ‘lucky ones’ did slip through the  gaps. It seems it depended on the 'luck of the draw’ and upon arrival getting an immigration officer who didn’t know this. 

Even though the Embassies issued a Certificate of Entry it seems there are some foreigners holding Tourist Visa’s and Elite Visa’s who after going through all the Certificate of Entry process, booking ASQ etc were rejected entry. 

*I’m not sure when this phase 6 comes into effect. 

Hum...you are kind of playing with the words: I am sorry to say that you cannot hold both visas. Yes, you can have the Elite (not necessarily the Elite actually) and another visa,  stamped in your passport but you cannot use both of them while in the kingdom. Yes, you can enter Thailand and switch from the Non B to the Elite ....only on the condition that you cancel the non B (along with any type of work permit).

The way you put it might confuse some already sided readers. No offense meant ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

I do laugh at all the negative farangs on here that no matter what the Govt decides it is always wrong.

If I was an Elite Visa Holder & wanted to get back in I would be delighted to hear this news

I might add that even the non members should be delighted as it is a door opening to other classes of visas