Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, I really think there is no "massive" unemployment at this time.

Factories - a  main source of employment in this export-driven economy - have not closed. Agricultural production has not stopped. There have been job losses in the tourist sector but so far it seems most people affected have been able to find other means of livelihood. Probably not as lucrative, but people are nto starving, streets are not full of beggars etc etc, I don't know where this sort of nonsense is coming from. And it remains as hard to hire Thais for daily labor, construction, household work etc as it ever was.

The real test lies ahead with likely drops in the demand for exports. That could in turn lead to factory closures or lay-offs and that would have a very n=bad effect indeed, especially as factory workers and their families tend to carry a lot of debt (car payments, credit card etc - all undertaken based on a perceived steady income).

There are thousands desstitude no income and have children. I speak to Thais weekly. But thats my view snd theres 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/travel-latest-spain-wrestles-fresh-074948879.html

Holiday resorts across Spain are seeing coronavirus cases rise again following the return of British tourists.

There has been a sharp increase in new infections along the Costa del Sol, with Marbella reporting its first case in 11 days while 23 people have contracted the virus in Malaga in the last 48 hours. The city of Almeria has also seen a spike in infections, only weeks after Spain reopened its borders with the UK.

Health officials in Lanzarote are also on high alert after a British holidaymaker tested positive while staying at a hotel on the island, while fears of a second lockdown in Barcelona arose after residents were asked to leave their homes only for essential trips.

The Spanish government has insisted that the infection rate is under control amid fears that other European countries could close borders if the number of cases continues to rise.

The UK is set to review its list of travel corridors on Monday, while France has refused to rule out the possibility of halting travel to and from Spain in order to prevent a second outbreak.

French and German tourists have made up a large bulk of the tourism into Spain this past month, NOT the British. The British make up no more than 20% according to reports on landings in the past month.

Edited by AndrewMciver
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Marshall said:

What about retirement visa holders? Why can we not come home? I am ready to do all the requirements including quantine. 

Unfortunately they are not looking at us as of yet, it looks like elite visas may have the go ahead, Non O shouldn't be far off, but again who the hell knows...... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/travel-latest-spain-wrestles-fresh-074948879.html

Holiday resorts across Spain are seeing coronavirus cases rise again following the return of British tourists.

C-19 is not a British invention and the tourists come to Spain from all over Europe. Have you tried any other news sources? Yahoo? lol

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pookondee said:

This is a good sign.

If it all goes good, then things can kick on from there, which is albeit a small step towards tourism normality.

I For one, am SO sick and tired of the scared little bเtch mentality

of posters on here, 

always moaning how there will be no international travel for years and how Thailand will be closed for another 2 years.

So many have hopelessly swallowed the MSM bullsหit, hook line and sinker.

Scared miserable people.

Y'all might as well jump in your own graves now and be done with it.

If I'd have said this, I'd be put in a 2 month time out or banned. I don't get how the rules here only apply to certain ones.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, XBroker said:

If I'd have said this, I'd be put in a 2 month time out or banned. I don't get how the rules here only apply to certain ones.

It was not a reply to anyones post, or attacking any individual, so i dont think there is an issue.

Its simply an opinion on how the greater portion of the TV public seem to be looking at all this. 

I dont know why anyone would take it personally or be offended, unless they themselves have some other agenda thats crucially important to them.

Edited by pookondee

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

It was not a reply to anyones post, or attacking any individual, so i dont think there is an issue.

Its simply an opinion on how the greater portion of the TV public seem to be looking at all this. 

I dont know why anyone would take it personally or be offended, unless they themselves have some other agenda thats crucially important to them.

Not only would I have been put in a time out, no one would be trying to justify what I'd said. ????

The cell towers there were too much for me to attempt it in the last several years.... That & this (fake virus) are NOT unrelated. This is all part of the NWO, agenda 21 lock down. I missed the last train out of the station.

29 minutes ago, XBroker said:

Not only would I have been put in a time out, no one would be trying to justify what I'd said. ????

well obviously no-one else has taken offence, since it wasnt directed at any one person..

maybe only the folk cowering scared in their mommas basement!

lol

Actually, you are more likely to be put in timeout by questioning the quality of the moderators!

What makes you think others can (supposedly) get away with stuff you see as offensive,

yet if you said it, you think the moderators would come down on you like a ton of bricks? 

1. Foreigners participating in trade fairs in Thailand, who will be allowed to only stay until the fair wraps up”.

That would be a joyless affair. Let in begrudgingly, watched all the time and then hustled out, while the country fills up with Burmese and Cambodians again.

When the world has settled down and things start to get back to normal Thailand will expect planes to be swarming into country bringing in loads of tourists laden with spending power. That I am afraid is the past and the golden days of tourism especially from Europe and the States are over, they dont have the disposable for a start and there are new places to see where they are made more welcome and not charged extra for not being Thai. I think this will be a huge shock to TAT who no doubt will still tell us of the hordes swarming into the country but the reality will be very different, as the high season approaches we will see at the moment they seem to be shutting the doors to their biggest markets ( EX CHINA ) and expect to open up in November/December with Western tourists eager to get here and return to normal when it does not happen what will happen?

in the area I live all the Cambodian workers are still here don/t think they stopped working of course they do the work the Thais will not lower themselves to do, one of the reasons the government gets away with what it does

Just now, johnarth said:

in the area I live all the Cambodian workers are still here don/t think they stopped working of course they do the work the Thais will not lower themselves to do, one of the reasons the government gets away with what it does

Some are still here but others went back -- depends on whether their employment dried up or not during lockdown. In generakl there are fewer here than usually.  People and businesses far and wide keep asking to "borrow" (i.e. hire for the day) my Cambodian household staff because they have no one to do needed work.

More than a little the employers' own faults for ceasing to pay workers during the lockdown, naturally in that circumstance the workers headed home (often with great difficulty). Now lockdown over, many busibnesses reopened and fidn themselves without workers.

Some of the workers still here are on overstay due to border closure. those with weekly border passes have obviously been unable to renew them and some on LA visa have expired and can't yet get new one

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I emailed the Thai Embassy in London a couple of weeks ago regarding myself, partner and son travelling back together but I never received a reply.

Worth under 200 million baht? No connections? Not worthy of a reply. 

Before the Consulate issues the Certificate of Entry (COE), the applicant must upload

4.1 Travel plan (confirmed air ticket with proof of payment),

4.2 Fit to Fly health certificate (72 hours before departure date),

4.3 COVID-19 health certificate (test negative) (72 hours before departure date); and

4.4 Confirmation of ASQ. The applicant must arrange their own 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) at their own expenses. More information, including list of permitted hotels (in Thai) can be found here at http://hsscovid.com

That eliminates alot of us. You cannot get the fit to fly letter in the US. Perhaps several other countries too? 

• Like 1

We are coming boys, this is the start. We are herding at our airports and borders now. We are feverish and awash in phlegm and zombie appendages. Victory is in our bloodshot eyes. You chosen few that have spurned your brothers stranded in Manchester, London, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow and hidden on the remote hills of Exmoor. Prepare, board up your houses, load your shotguns, panic buy toilet roll.

We plague zombies are about to descend.

This is hilarious!!!!

For a second I thought they were serious.

Film crews.

Hollywood is locked down, with the rest of California.

Astronauts and dancing bears on a crescent moon, while Mercury is in retrograde ???? 

A 100 m. Dollar budget, is going to have an entire production ( with talent) be on  Distant location Union salary, with Per dium, insure all with a Thai health insurance , go through a 14 day lock down, hang on ,  it’s called CGI.

13 hours ago, smew said:

What happened to foreigners officially married to Thai nationals?

They were allowed to re-enter last week. 

Like myself, we have been arriving in Thailand for the past week or so. At this moment i am looking at a pool which i am not allowed to use drinking an ice coffee. Not all bad.