Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So they will let in migrant workers even though unemployment in the country is through the roof, and pretty much deny anyone who is going to come in and spend money? I wonder what school of economics they attended? Obviously must have been local as they would have failed miserably anywhere else.

The University of Dumb and Dumber, rank 1 or 2 in the world just like their driver education teaching.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

All foreigners are required to undergo a Covid-19 test three days prior to departure, US$100,000 health insurance, booking for an alternative state quarantine, access to a liaison officer and use of ThaiChana application.

That'll stop #3 dead in it's tracks... 

• Like 1

“Meanwhile, the government will allow Thailand Elite cardholders to enter provided they undergo 14 days of quarantine at an alternative state site. So far, 200 people have requested access.”

Well they only need 39,999,800 more applicants to meet last years level.

What about falang/thai marriges is that still the go

Letting foreign workers in to kick start the economy, are they completely mental how many Thais are out of work and starving who the hell makes these stupid decisions, pack of clowns

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That means zero medical tourism. And how do they check those attending a conference? Rapid testing? Or no testing? Only from bubble nations? Does anyone in the administration have any answers?

I guess the husbands of Thai wives category was quickly abandoned? Nice. Compassionate. Of course we all know we are far less important to the nation than an attendee of a conference. 

I agree. Farangs with Thai spouses were once on a preference list, but the preferences apparently changed. Let's not forget: we have soldiers in the government, not diplomats, economists, high level diplomats etc., none of them with any empathy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Because even though there is loads of unemployment the leaders of this country need cheap labor. The Thais won't do it. The rich factory owners wont pay enough and Thais wont do it. So I see why to benefit the rich again.

oh yes they will as they are staving and have no money to feed there family

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Migrant workers from Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Myanmar for the food industry and for construction. The government has decided to let these people in, so work can begin and the economy starts moving forward again

But most of these people are employed on the construction of new condos and hotels, mainly catering to foreign tourists. Since that industry is as dead as a dodo who in their right mind would press on with building these white elephants? There were far too many of them even before the pandemic began, looks like the government is in an economic  hole but fully intends to keep on digging.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I tried to go to the alternative quarantine website and there was no response from the URL. That’s the URL on the Thai embassy website in Australia For applying to go to Thailand So I don’t know if that was a temporary glitch or just the norm. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JCP108 said:

"All foreigners are required to undergo a Covid-19 test three days prior to departure, US$100,000 health insurance..."

Category three (migrant workers) counts in the "all foreigners" class and has to get 100k worth of insurance?!!!!!

No migrant worker from any of these countries is going to have health insurance. They can barely afford to eat.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, petermik said:

Good luck with those conditions...????

Say GOODBYE to Tourism Thailand!!!!!!! Tourists will NOT pay for that insurance for a short, medium or long visit to Thailand. The vaccine in a few months will make it totally redundant anyway! Grow a brain Gov boffins!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So they will let in migrant workers even though unemployment in the country is through the roof, and pretty much deny anyone who is going to come in and spend money? I wonder what school of economics they attended? Obviously must have been local as they would have failed miserably anywhere else.

100% correct, why allow migrant workers in when there are hundreds of thousand of Thai's searching for work.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I agree thought they were 1000's of thai's without work and homeless 

So wheres the sense in that ?????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Falcon said:

In all honesty, why would anyone come here for medical treatment, especially if their medical case was urgent? The drs here are pretty useless as are most of the nurses being very under qualified for their position as opposed to first world countries. Hospitals are nothing but money outs and, after living here for many years, I have no confidence in most Thai doctors and see hospitals in Thailand as simply a place to die.

I'm here for a medical reason. I've got arthrosis on one knee, and I would suffer severe pain in Germany where I come from. The sun makes my knee joints smooth again, and I can even dance here. No further medical treatment needed. 

Maybe I'll die here some day. But certainly not from arthrosis. 

If anyone would force me to go back to Germany, I would immediately come up with a German doctor's paper to prove that I have to stay in a sunshine country. 

And I'm also here for social reasons. I'm an orphan in Germany, and here in Thailand I have a family. Which might not be accepted by narrow-minded German neighbours, but I don't care about that cold <deleted>hole country anymore. 

BTW what would happen if I decided to move into one of these homes for the elderly for getting along with my arthrosis? Wouldn't that be a medical reason? 

Edited by micmichd

Interesting nonsense so how many will come no international airlines will bother to schedule flights to Thailand with these conditions as only few foreigners will find of any interest especially when they will have to isolate again for 14 days when they return to their home countries.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess the husbands of Thai wives category was quickly abandoned? 

No, spouses of Thai's are already approved, albeit after 3 months of non entry. These are the additional types allowed to enter.

3 hours ago, pookondee said:

This is a good sign.

If it all goes good, then things can kick on from there, which is albeit a small step towards tourism normality.

I For one, am SO sick and tired of the scared little bเtch mentality

of posters on here, 

always moaning how there will be no international travel for years and how Thailand will be closed for another 2 years.

So many have hopelessly swallowed the MSM bullsหit, hook line and sinker.

Scared miserable people.

Y'all might as well jump in your own graves now and be done with it.

Yep, and in a few days when those test monkeys give a thumbs up. The miracle vaccine will be on channel 32 along with a side order of super collagen!

Not to knock the collagen, good stuff.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The Foreign Ministry is also discussing ways of granting access to tourists from Japan, China, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong as well as ensuring the safety of Thai people.

Again with the same stupidity of allowing chinese. 

• Like 2