Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

11 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Does that mean, I have to send my certificates to Thailand and somebody has to translate, "apostill" (legalize?) them twice at the MFA, and after that procedure send back to Germany?

Just for a "certificate of entry" at the Thai embassy in Germany...?

I tried to call the embassy(ies) several times, but it is almost impossible to get a competent person on the phone.

Only one apostille.

First translation, in Germany,  by a translator on the approved list of the Thai embassy. Takes a couple of days, plus time for Deutsche Post DHL (a week).

After translating get apostille from the Thai embassy in Germany,  maybe a consulate.  Send them the original and the translation. Takes a day or two, plus a week for the postal delay.

Check,  whether the embassy requires a stamp attached on the original (Ueberbelaubigung) from some higher German authority (eg Bezirksregierung).

That would take another day or two, plus postal delay.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is a huge assumption. Unsupported by any data I have seen.

Do you really think employers would be pushing to bring in migrants if they could find Thai workers? It costs over 20,000 baht per worker just to arrange the visa, and is a huge hassle in terms of paperwork.

As I said - I don't know; this is what others are claiming not me. I have stated many times in several posts that I can't imagine employers going to the trouble of bringing in foreign laborers when there are plenty of unemployed Thais they could hire with much less difficulty.

Therefore, perhaps the unemployment problem being insinuated by some trolls is not actually true.

I certainly haven't seen any evidence of Thais living on the streets and I think most people who temporarily lost their jobs have since gotten them back when businesses were allowed to resume.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

not the case out where I am.

No "desperate out of work" Thais here.

And impossible to get a Thai, at any salary, to do household work or casual labor

I think same in much of the country

As I said, not the case where I am either.

But surely Thais can be found if you look for them. Depends though, maybe they have other options.

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is a huge assumption. Unsupported by any data I have seen.

Do you really think employers would be pushing to bring in migrants if they could find Thai workers? It costs over 20,000 baht per worker just to arrange the visa, and is a huge hassle in terms of paperwork.

I agree,  but do you really think there is no massive unemployment in Thailand - contrary to pretty much every other country in the world?

Prognosis is 10 million unemployed, don't have the time to find a link, but it wasn't facebook or instagram ????

22 minutes ago, drbeach said:

True argument during normal times but right now desperate Thais who are out of work would surely work anywhere they are being given a job.

Speculation of facts..?

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How is some laborer from one of the 4 countries able to afford 14 days of government quarantine. Makes no sense to let them in anyway as unemployment here is rife as well.

Or the $100,000 insurance that is a requirement 

Official statistics said, the average Thai had savings for 4 months. 

So the savings are gone exactly now.

And it begins to sink down even to the average Thai that this is maybe not a crisis that will pass soon. Read what Tisco writes in another thread. 

The ones I talk to are - slowly - losing hope, some are getting desperate already. 

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Does anyone know anything about this? And will the husbands be subject to quarantine, if they have a covid test result? How about if the Thai wife is traveling with them?

Thai wife 14 day free gov quarantine. Farang scum pay 14 day triple priced hotel

• Haha 1

Funny, as it`s IMPOSSIBLE to bring all those migrant workers back risk free! They will be transported like cattle to some quarantine camps and spend there 2 weeks. One infection there and it would go viral! 

Like always..Thailand is great in theoretical stuff, but thats not enough. Apart from the the migrant workers, the truth is that farangs married to Thai nationals already have to wait MONTHS for a room in the quarantine hotels. I know 2 independent case where the embassies told them that I would be close to impossible before November.

If the government doesn`t find an appropriate exit strategy to reopen the country step by step without quarantine in a few months, they will be in a huge mess for a long time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

The mere fact that the Thai authorities would even consider letting Chinese back into this country is idiotic. In 1957 the Chinese gave the world the Asian Flu followed by the Hong Kong flu, the Bird flu, SARS, Swine flu and the CCP Wuhan,China ( Incase you don't know where the current pandemic came from....Wuhan) coronavirus. Now there is acknowledgement from China that there is a new Swine flu and Bubonic Plague in the country. Additionally, on one in the WORLD accepts the numbers from the CCP as fact. A recent French study states that the likely true number of CCP Virus cases in China exceeds 4,000,000 and the deaths in the 100's of thousands.  

There are a few possible answers as to why the Thai authorities would consider letting Chinese back into Thailand:

1) They are woefully uninformed 

2) They are ignorant

3) There is huge money interest either in pretutating the counter productive destructive "mass tourism model" in the which the country receives more environment and infrastructure damage than monetary benefit.  

4) Someone or some group is receiving direct payments to promote Chinese tourism...aka, bribery.

5) Thailand is truly a vassal state to China.

When the majority of the members of ASEAN are lining up to confront Chinese bullying and aggression throughout the region, why does Thailand want to throw the doors open and welcome their "Big Brother's" from the North.

Thailand will soon find itself as the "Odd man out in ASEAN"

Lets see your French study then.  Interesting.

It seems like a good idea to me if these rich families who are building the shopping centers and condo complexes will pay for the quarantine of the migrant workers.They should also pay the full insurance and medical cost of these migrant workers.

Then they can decide if it’s cheaper to hire migrant workers than Thai people. But possibly the expertise to do this manual labor has long left the average Thai  person

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lee b said:

Medical tourists will still have to stay in state quarantine for 14 days? 

What if an appointment is before, what if the condition is serious?

Just bad luck I suppose. ????

33 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Honest truth no foreign tourists for rest of this year and probably next year as well. Bangkok Airlines must be in dire financial difficulties as both its passenger and airports income must have almost completely dried up. Koh Samui will go back to Coconut Farming which will be good for the environment although quality of coconuts will make them hard to sell and most inhabitants will have to go back to Isaan. If you are prepared to invest for the future 2 or 3 years ahead plenty of property for sale at knock down prices but better wait until next year.

Samui is not doing as bad as your predictions, and with increasing traffic both by air and ferries – I presume you are staying on the island – however, of course less aliens than normally, and no invasion of party-tourists in Chaweng Beach's resorts, but still quite some activity in the reopened part of the nightlife.

Not more property seems for sale than usual, but slightly more small rent-paying business like a bar or a restaurant – on the areas I get around in it's about 25 percent more than normal, perhaps even less – and a few more houses for rent. Often those kind of extra business for sale during a downturn period, already had a tight budget, with not enough funds to withstand a difficult time. On the other hand, many resorts use the down-time for maintenance, or even new investments and construction, so the economy cannot be that bad...:whistling:

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

same thing in my country Canada, for example we can't get our crops picked unless we import labor - it happens in many countries and is not unusual at all..

CC Canada and the USA say they can not get labor.  WRONG They can not get labor at very cheap rates.  I would challenge any farmer in the USA or Canada to post for jobs as a picker at $50 per hour.  They would be loaded with applicants.  You reply well of course but they can't afford the $50 per hour.  Then the statement you can't find them is as I say, you have to pay a wage high enough to attract the workers and if workers in your home country demand too high a wage then the products should be grown in other countries and imported.  Banks can't find tellers at $5 per hour, hospitals can't find nurses at $10 per hour, you don't get an electrician at $7 per hour and no you don't get USA or Canadian workers to pick crops at $5 per hour.   Slavery called by a different name, giving less desirable jobs to immigrants at sweat shop rates.  Of course the farmer gets a deal and the crops are cheaper but then again who counts the medical expenses, educational expenses, police expenses, prison expenses of the aliens after all the farmer does not pay for those. 

• Like 1

So much <deleted> and unnecessary <deleted> from the thai government. They are really the most incompetent government ever. No idea on what they do or should do. Even teenagers in a western European country have better experience on running a country.

24 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

CC Canada and the USA say they can not get labor.  WRONG They can not get labor at very cheap rates.  I would challenge any farmer in the USA or Canada to post for jobs as a picker at $50 per hour.  They would be loaded with applicants.  You reply well of course but they can't afford the $50 per hour.  Then the statement you can't find them is as I say, you have to pay a wage high enough to attract the workers and if workers in your home country demand too high a wage then the products should be grown in other countries and imported.  Banks can't find tellers at $5 per hour, hospitals can't find nurses at $10 per hour, you don't get an electrician at $7 per hour and no you don't get USA or Canadian workers to pick crops at $5 per hour.   Slavery called by a different name, giving less desirable jobs to immigrants at sweat shop rates.  Of course the farmer gets a deal and the crops are cheaper but then again who counts the medical expenses, educational expenses, police expenses, prison expenses of the aliens after all the farmer does not pay for those. 

The cornerstone of capitalism is the exploitation of labor by owners of capital. 

The better a capitalist can exploit the labor, ie pay labor as cheap as possible, and gets as much profits as possible from the outputs of the labor, the more profits the capitalist receive.

Edited by phungo

So the workers from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar will be allowed to enter with 100 000 $ insurance cover ? But... how they would do it with the miserable salary Thai people give them ?

And they would have to stay 14 days quarantine ? So without work and then without any salary ?

Definitely, everybody already know that there is only two way it will happen:

1/ they will never stay 14 days in quarantine and will directly work the first day, they will never have an insurance too.

2/ No one will come for maybe work but surely loose time and money if they have to apply this.

It is absolutely not possible for them to respond this request. But you know what it will happen... everybody know already.

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand:

1. Rich
  2. Chinese
  3. You look a bit Chinese, ok you can come in
  4. Rich and Chinese

and poor workers... who will never follow the rule because they will never win enough money to paid insurance and can not stay 14 days without any salary and paid for anything expensive dark birds will come to sale.

Looks like more and more, this government doesn't care there own Thai people families married with "farang". Maybe tourists will be able to come back before them also... it is a shame.

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Only one apostille.

First translation, in Germany,  by a translator on the approved list of the Thai embassy. Takes a couple of days, plus time for Deutsche Post DHL (a week).

After translating get apostille from the Thai embassy in Germany,  maybe a consulate.  Send them the original and the translation. Takes a day or two, plus a week for the postal delay.

Check,  whether the embassy requires a stamp attached on the original (Ueberbelaubigung) from some higher German authority (eg Bezirksregierung).

That would take another day or two, plus postal delay.

Thanks for your reply.

This sounds easily doable and since the consulate in Essen (if not closed), is not far away, this should be done in a few days...

BUT, there is still the 14 days quarantine <deleted>.

22 hours ago, lee b said:

Medical tourists will still have to stay in state quarantine for 14 days? 

What if an appointment is before, what if the condition is serious?

I think you'll find medical tourist means elective cosmetic surgery. Boobs, teeth, nose etc.

I own a Condo in Thailand and have for over 20 years I would like to come back and stay in it when is that ever going to Happen.I have invested a lot of money into Thailand over the last 30 years .I think property owners should be allowed back in as we have to take care of the property.

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

you're stating the obvious about the wages. as far as slavery, backlogs of applicants every year dispel that notion. there's is not a huge law and order issue with foreign workers in Canada though I can't speak to south of the border..