Four types of foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand: CCSA

webfact

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Does anyone know anything about this? And will the husbands be subject to quarantine, if they have a covid test result? How about if the Thai wife is traveling with them?

Quarantine for wife and husband

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, lee b said:

Medical tourists will still have to stay in state quarantine for 14 days? 

What if an appointment is before, what if the condition is serious?

Medical tourists typically don't have immediate serious conditions.  Normally they go in search of things like plastic surgery or a condition that they have had for a while and cannot afford in their home country i.e. hip replacement. 

38 minutes ago, hioctane said:

It means they won’t be allowed in and local Thais in the tourism industry can get a job. 

BTW, tourism only accounts for 10-20% of the GDP so they don’t really need to allow tourists in. Open everything back up and let the Thais get back to work without tourists. Same with every other country out there. I don’t think it is in any country’s best interest to open borders now.

Correct.

Those working in the tourism industry that cater almost exclusively for overseas guests will find themselves looking for a career change.

Plenty of jobs to be had now, working on construction sites and other projects, where foreign workers can no longer enter and pose higher risks.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Why allow migrant workers in when there are hundreds of thousand of Thai's searching for work. Employ your own people first.

Correction - Why allow migrant workers in when there are hundreds of thousand of lazy Thai's searching for easy money.

• Like 1

Meant to go home for a month in june see kids and grandkids, I'm still here! Try in uk via net to get 100,ooo dollars covid insurance  plus how do you get fit to fly certificate in the 3 day period even privately they say 2to3 days for results but can't  guarantee it so test positive or inconclusive there goes all the money on air fares gone, looks like the grandchildren gonna be a lot bigger by the time I get home, I ve been married 4 years but they've just deleted that, compassionate lot those in charge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

How is some laborer from one of the 4 countries able to afford 14 days of government quarantine. Makes no sense to let them in anyway as unemployment here is rife as well.

Who says anything about sense?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kelsall said:

So Elite are allowed in before those on retirement type visas.

Yes, the more money you have to splash around or the more important you are then less chance of you having the virus.. I thought that was made clear?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

My broken leg in Greece ! never return too many flu vax, February is a good month, what's the point, Thailand is terrible millions of baht, can't stay motorbike kaput. 

No idea what you are on about, but my prediction is that you will be back within a few months. 

short answer dear sir is ‘no I wont’ ... I think your junta sponsored translator has failed!  I made no mention about a motorbike... This is probably the worst retort I’ve even read... maybe you need to have a peer review before posting or get back on your meds!

Edited by fraggleRock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

You see Thais in retail jobs now going back to the fields to harvest rice and other food products?

i don’t....

Nope, way  too  much  like  hard  work, theyd  rather  sponge  off  other family  members who are working.

3 hours ago, animatic said:

Trade Fairs!!!!!

i can not think of a worse group.

Tom Clancy used trade fairs as targets for creating super-spreader vectors in on book; when a madman wanted to start a world wide pandemic....

Many people in an enclosed space for a weekend or week, who then fly off around the country and region with little or no track or trace abilities, on public transport, during their contagious periods.

so?  Think about the cash it brings...

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That means zero medical tourism. And how do they check those attending a conference? Rapid testing? Or no testing? Only from bubble nations? Does anyone in the administration have any answers?

I guess the husbands of Thai wives category was quickly abandoned? Nice. Compassionate. Of course we all know we are far less important to the nation than an attendee of a conference. 

You don't hire a conference center and buy services for a few hundred people. 

Insanity, how about lifting all lockdowns and emergency acts , allow freedom to move and work, take care of any elderly affected through hospitalization quaratines

The threat of the virus in no way justifies these authoritarian actions, i support the students and a freedoms, manage the virus where it causes most damage & is a threat to life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

if Thailand had listened to advice from posters on TVF it would had every hospital full of dying people...

So why isn't the whole of Europe dying ?

There is of course a balance to be found but all the science suggests that once infections drop to a certain level , its viable to open up the economy.

Countries like the USA and Brazil did not heed the science , they are paying with deaths.

Thailand is also not heeding the science , it is responding with hysterical fear , many of its citizens will suffer poverty as a result.

The wealthy of course will have lots of firesale businesses to paw over , and an army of unemployed to exploit.

The last points might make cynics wonder !

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That means zero medical tourism. And how do they check those attending a conference? Rapid testing? Or no testing? Only from bubble nations? Does anyone in the administration have any answers?

I guess the husbands of Thai wives category was quickly abandoned? Nice. Compassionate. Of course we all know we are far less important to the nation than an attendee of a conference. 

Attending a conference means they spend the same money as married expats, but in a much shorter time.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I am sure the entire government is upset about your absence and your pile of cash.

Good luck in Costa rip off.

Did you have some bad past 'personal experience' in Costa Rica?????? I have heard many 'positive reports from expats in Costa Rca..... Can you explain????? Thailand is getting really 'wierd' in the recent times.......

• Like 2

So Thailand is going to let the migrant workers enter Thailand in order to jump start the food industry. But most would be sitting around in empty restaurants and swiping on their mobile phones if they refuse to let the foreign patrons into Thailand.

Does trade fair include Bangkok Motorshow ?

Edited by thairookie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Peter Rooney said:

I FULLY AGREED WITH YOUR COMMENTS. NO compassion at all. Why is there no mention of the conference people spending 14 days in quarantine? It's very strange to not allow people who will spend money in Thailand....

I really feel for those love ones who are not allowed to return to their families here in Thailand. Please show some compassion. Kids are missing their fathers...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thairookie said:

So Thailand is going to let the migrant workers enter Thailand in order to jump start the food industry. But most would be sitting around in empty restaurants and swiping on their mobile phones if they refuse to let the foreign patrons into Thailand.

Quite a few restaurants here in Pattaya are now run by Thai patrons. 

We Farangs are not that important anymore. 

• Like 1