My experience at CW and temperary visa Centre on 21 July 2020

7 minutes ago, cassde said:

I was given L zone ticket 1 19. 

Just to point out for those not familiar with CW that would be queue number 19 for service 1 (they have both 1 and 2 at counter L) so not a heart stopping queue number 119. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The IO then went through every page of the bank statement, identifying and marking all FTT transactions, 3 each month, averaging 110k. The only extra copies required were two bank book first pages, and the last page of current bank book showing the deposit and withdrawal transactions on 21 July"

Thanks for the info! Im soon to apply for my 1 year extension based on marriage and afraid i might fail the financial requirements. 

So she only looked at your bank statements looking for incoming deposits? She did not want to know the source of the funds? source meaning where the money coming from as in retirement/pension accounts?

What are FTT transactions?

If I have incoming transferwise deposits of 40k baht into my bank account for 2 months that be fine?

• Like 1

No, she did not ask the source of monies, probably because I am 76 years of age, but I did have original documents available, just in case. 

I used to use Transferwise until they sent money via an intermediary bank, which did not show FTT in my bank book, but only local bank transfer. I now use Bangkok bank London office, send gbp and all is shown FTT. This is Foreign Telegraphic transaction. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cassde said:

I used to use Transferwise until they sent money via an intermediary bank, which did not show FTT in my bank

That happened to a lot of people in July last year and immigration did not question it on my extension this year - Transferwise started a new reason for transfer specific to Thailand to avoid that happening again - you just scroll down to that option for the transfer reason and it will go direct to Bangkok Bank and be coded at FTT.

9 hours ago, cassde said:

the bank books and copies duly certified,

When you say "duly certified" what do you mean?

That you signed the copies of the bankbooks?

or

Someone at the bank duly certified your copies?

Thanks for the report.

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

When you say "duly certified" what do you mean?

That you signed the copies of the bankbooks?

or

Someone at the bank duly certified your copies?

Thanks for the report.

My guess would be that you already answered the difference between signed and certified in your question.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, don't understand the 90 day report issue as we have been told 90 report not required during amnesty.

I would think the IO would/might still need to see the most recent 90 day report receipt you did before the amnesty deemed new ones weren't necessary, to show you had been doing them.

Just now, john terry1001 said:

I would think the IO would/might still need to see the most recent 90 day report receipt you did before the amnesty deemed new ones weren't necessary, to show you had been doing them.

Umm, that's going to be interesting for me. Even though been here 8 years, never done a 90 report due to constant travel.

So I skipped reports during amnesty. After September 26 my annual extension will be due prior to 90 days from my last "skipped" report.

46 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

My guess would be that you already answered the difference between signed and certified in your question.

I understand the difference. Just trying to understand what the OP means.

Having to sign copies is pretty normal, although not 100% enforced IME.

Having a bank certify a copy of a passbook seems like a new requirement? Not even sure how that would work. Hence my question.

Yes, bank statements, bank ownership letters, FTT Xfer statements are all (usually) certified with multiple stamps and a signature.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phungo said:

What are FTT transactions?

If I have incoming transferwise deposits of 40k baht into my bank account for 2 months that be fine?

FTT is the code that Bangkok Bank use on their statements to show/confirm a transfer has come from abroad. All Thai banks have a similar (but different) code to show this. To show FTT the transfer must come directly from abroad. If a transfer is sent from one Thai bank to another it is shown as a domestic transfer (Bangkok bank use TRD to show domestic transfers into their account).

Transferwise have three partner Thai banks (Bangkok, Kasikorn and TMB) and ALL their foreign transfers will be sent to/via one of those banks. (using Bangkok bank as an example) If you have Bangkok bank account and you send your transfer to that account, with reason for transfer 'funds for long term stay in Thailand', it will show as an 'FTT' transfer. If however, you use a different Thai bank (eg: Krungthai) your transfer will still arrive at your account (without delay) but Transferwise will still use one of their three partner banks for the initial transfer into Thailand, who will then forward it to your own bank. That Thai Interbank transfer will count as a domestic transfer to your own bank and be coded as such. Immigration will not accept that transfer as an International one. All is not lost but you will/might also have to obtain a Credit Advice Receipt for proof of where the transfer originated from. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm, that's going to be interesting for me. Even though been here 8 years, never done a 90 report due to constant travel.

So I skipped reports during amnesty. After September 26 my annual extension will be due prior to 90 days from my last "skipped" report.

Why not just do an online report around 26th September. You will then get a 'next' date 90 days from then. If your travels take you outside Thailand before that date you'll just be starting the cycles you've normally used. If Covid 19 means travel restrictions prevent you from travelling, you will be on the 90 day system anyway.  

1 minute ago, john terry1001 said:

Why not just do an online report around 26th September. You will then get a 'next' date 90 days from then

Apparently your first 90 day address report needs to be done in person. Online and mail not an option.

2 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

FTT is the code that Bangkok Bank use on their statements to show/confirm a transfer has come from abroad. All Thai banks have a similar (but different) code to show this. To show FTT the transfer must come directly from abroad. If a transfer is sent from one Thai bank to another it is shown as a domestic transfer (Bangkok bank use TRD to show domestic transfers into their account).

Transferwise have three partner Thai banks (Bangkok, Kasikorn and TMB) and ALL their foreign transfers will be sent to/via one of those banks. (using Bangkok bank as an example) If you have Bangkok bank account and you send your transfer to that account, with reason for transfer 'funds for long term stay in Thailand', it will show as an 'FTT' transfer. If however, you use a different Thai bank (eg: Krungthai) your transfer will still arrive at your account (without delay) but Transferwise will still use one of their three partner banks for the initial transfer into Thailand, who will then forward it to your own bank. That Thai Interbank transfer will count as a domestic transfer to your own bank and be coded as such. Immigration will not accept that transfer as an International one. All is not lost but you will/might also have to obtain a Credit Advice Receipt for proof of where the transfer originated from. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I did a transfer last week from Transferwise to my Bangkok Bank and I use the mobile app and it shows the transfer as "International Transfer". I also have other transfers that are not international shows "Interbank Transfer" and "Transfer from Account at Other Bank". Not sure what the difference is for the last 2 are. 

I'm guessing since I use the english version of the app, they translated FTT to "International Transfer"

12 minutes ago, phungo said:

I did a transfer last week from Transferwise to my Bangkok Bank and I use the mobile app and it shows the transfer as "International Transfer". I also have other transfers that are not international shows "Interbank Transfer" and "Transfer from Account at Other Bank". Not sure what the difference is for the last 2 are. 

I'm guessing since I use the english version of the app, they translated FTT to "International Transfer"

If they happen to use Bangkok Bank account for the transfer it will be coded FTT.  The method to make sure that they do that is to select reason for transfer when using Transferwise as for Thailand stay (you may have to scroll down to find it at the end of list of reasons when setting up the transfer).  They set up this system to help us make sure they use the Bangkok Bank account (although there is always a chance the account could have issues and they have to use another bank have not seen any report of such being the case in the year it has been available).

Edited by lopburi3

15 minutes ago, phungo said:

Since you are interested in this, I did sent you specific info on TransferWise and how to ensure you can prove the foreign origins of the transfers made with it (irrespective at which Thai bank you have your account).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, phungo said:

Yes, International transfer (on your statement) and FTT (in your bank book) are the same.

You must have done everything correct for your last transfer. You must have done something wrong/different when you ended up with "Interbank Transfer" and "Transfer from Account at Other Bank", which both refer to local domestic transfers. Did you send those other transfers direct to your Bangkok bank account? Did you select "funds for long term stay in Thailand"?

It works well with the mobile app. I always use that.

The things you must do each time is:

1. always select your Bangkok Bank Account to transfer to

2. always select the "funds for long term stay in Thailand" in the dropdown 'reason for transfer' box.

Doing those two things will ensure your transfer will go directly to your Bangkok bank account AND will show the FTT coding.

• Thanks 1

I was there the same day L 1 27 was done and dusted by 10.20. Mine was 400k in the bank. Get your number and head to the bank. Update your bank book and get two copies.  Ask bank for a certificate for married visa.  Back to wait your turn.

Used copies of  original marriage  #3  paper,  photocopies of certificates ( they wanted to see the originals )4 photos, passport, map of house, wife's I'd, wife's house book. done. Was prepared for any eventuality and had 4 copies of the lot but that was it. Back to get the visa 18 August where they may ask you to show your bank balance again if they got out of the wrong side of bed.

Edited by uncleP
Brain damage.
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I understand the difference. Just trying to understand what the OP means.

Having to sign copies is pretty normal, although not 100% enforced IME.

Having a bank certify a copy of a passbook seems like a new requirement? Not even sure how that would work. Hence my question.

Yes, bank statements, bank ownership letters, FTT Xfer statements are all (usually) certified with multiple stamps and a signature.

As of my contacts with immigration it is always enforced regarding signing the documents. 

What is the problem with having a bank certify a copy of your passbook? You just have to go in and let them have the passbook, make a copy and certify that with a stamp and signature. Where is the problem and what are you not sure over?

So, let me help you to clear up all the blurs now.

Edited by Matzzon

9 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Why didn't you get Bangkok Bank to list out your 12 FTT transfers and certify it rather than giving them 12 months of statements where the IO had to identify the FTTs?

Or alternatively run a highlighter over each of the 12 FTT's as I did on the Bangkok Bank statements I presented to Rayong Immigration last week in connection with my latest successful retirement extension application there?

8 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Since you are interested in this, I did sent you specific info on TransferWise and how to ensure you can prove the foreign origins of the transfers made with it (irrespective at which Thai bank you have your account).

Hi Peter,

Would you mind to share that with me aswell by any chance? Planning to do the same but my transfers are also showing up as domestic. Krungsi bank here.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Hi Peter,

Would you mind to share that with me aswell by any chance? Planning to do the same but my transfers are also showing up as domestic. Krungsi bank here.

Cheers!

Done, and you're welcome!