Luxury Phuket hotels eyed as alternative quarantine options

webfact

Luxury Phuket hotels eyed as alternative quarantine options

By THE NATION

800_f5fcbd3a3d6c4d2.jpg?v=1595430710

Fourteen five-star hotels in Phuket have put their names forward as alternative state quarantine options and two – Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas and Trisara Hotel – have passed the Public Health Ministry’s criteria.

Though Sripanwa Hotel’s result has yet to be announced, 11 other hotels are currently being checked by public health officials.

The price for 14-day luxury alternative quarantine in Phuket ranges between Bt99,500 and Bt650,000.

Meanwhile, a relevant committee voiced concerns about visitors agreeing to pay so much to be quarantined as they will not be allowed to leave their rooms.

Separately, shrines in Phuket have agreed to hold the annual Vegetarian Festival from October 17 to 25 under the new normal, by insisting that visitors wear face masks and maintain social distancing. The “extreme” acts the festival is famous for, such as fire-walking and self-mortification, will be cancelled, while the number of spirit mediums will be limited.

The serving of vegetarian food at shrines and other details are currently under discussion. Once all details are finalised next week, they will be proposed to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration for approval.

Phuket has, so far, had 227 coronavirus patients, with 224 recoveries and three deaths.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391767

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-23

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Berti said:

This will solve by itself if the health officials allow enough hotels as alternative quarantine.

Supply and demand, it always worked.

But what are the criteria for being designated a quarantine hotel? And does the process involve brown envelopes?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

But what are the criteria for being designated a quarantine hotel? And does the process involve brown envelopes?

The only real criteria i know if is that the hotel has a agreement with a hospital to check and monitor the people.

Also the hotel has to put protection in place in the hallway and other public areas so far i know.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Fourteen five-star hotels in Phuket have put their names forward as alternative state quarantine options and two – Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas and Trisara Hotel – have passed the Public Health Ministry’s criteria.

Ready to fleece any incoming...

If you are complaining here, it means you can't afford it, and you are not their target customer. You would be staying in one of those cheap hotels for 14 days.

Personally, I don't have any problem paying that amount. If I'm going to be locked up, I would like to be locked up in the best luxury I can buy. I'm sure room and bathroom are going to be very luxurious and spacious, and hopefully nice ovean view. 3 meals have to be top notch as well. 

19 minutes ago, sitti said:

If you are complaining here, it means you can't afford it, and you are not their target customer. You would be staying in one of those cheap hotels for 14 days.

Personally, I don't have any problem paying that amount. If I'm going to be locked up, I would like to be locked up in the best luxury I can buy. I'm sure room and bathroom are going to be very luxurious and spacious, and hopefully nice ovean view. 3 meals have to be top notch as well. 

The problem is not if i can afford it or not which is by the way not a issue for me but the problem is that those two hotels are the only two hotels on Phuket who offer the quarantine facilities.

And it has to be at least gold plated bathrooms for those prices ????

Edited by merijn

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Backpackers are you ready toothbrush check 650k check needle and thread for any side splits check ????

and once there... stay put and claim Squatters Rights

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The price for 14-day luxury alternative quarantine in Phuket ranges between Bt99,500 and Bt650,000.

Now that is a proper covid19 holiday.

A stopover in the US to get it and fly to Thailand to enjoy it...

Edited by spiekerjozef

30 minutes ago, merijn said:

The problem is not if i can afford it or not which is by the way not a issue for me but the problem is that those two hotels are the only two hotels on Phuket who offer the quarantine facilities.

And it has to be at least gold plated bathrooms for those prices ????

Article clearly says alternative quarantine option. These two are for those who want luxury. There are plenty of much cheaper options, actually most of them are. If I recall correctly, there will be 14 hotels for quarantine.

2 minutes ago, sitti said:

Article clearly says alternative quarantine option. These two are for those who want luxury. There are plenty of much cheaper options, actually most of them are. If I recall correctly, there will be 14 hotels for quarantine.

No, in Phuket there are currently only two alternative quarantine hotels available. (there are 14 hotels trying to get approved)

All others are in Bangkok.

With alternative quarantine hotels they mean the hotels besides the state issued quarantine facilities which are not available for foreigners.

5 hours ago, merijn said:

Paying 100.000 - 650.000 Baht for 14 days while not allowed to leave the room.

Let me guess, but i don't think that there is much demand for it.

These 2 hotels are villa type hotels so I think that's why they are approved as quarantine facility.

Appreciate the effort, I seriously doubt the few people that pay those amounts to be locked up like in a detention center despite being 100% healthy will make up for the huge financial problems they are going to face very soon..

Edited by Sundown

15 hours ago, merijn said:

And it has to be at least gold plated bathrooms for those prices 

20 hours ago, sitti said:

You could stay at a cheaper hotel and Donate the money saved to the poor and needy