Trump says sending federal agents to more U.S. cities to fight violent crime

webfact

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I suppose they could get rid of the unauthorised Federal goons but probably easier not to send the federal agents, with no jurisdiction, in the first place.

So what is your answer to end all of the rioting and looting? or are you one that is all for it, if the states would have addressed these issues as they should of we wouldn't be talking federal troops would we.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The protests IMO are just an excuse to riot. I doubt many of them actually care about the real issues of the world- IMO overpopulation, fundamentalist terrorism, banker crimes and the rise of a certain power in the east.

I doubt you do not understand that what you label as "the real issues of the world" is not a definitive point of view, but a personal one. People can and may have different perspectives. Further, I doubt that you do not understand that protesting about one issue does not imply seeing all other issues as irrelevant or as being unimportant.

6 hours ago, Logosone said:

Oh please, every day every state uses violence "against its own people", if those people engage in criminal activity.

As many of the left have. They are criminals and as criminals they need to be dealt with.

"As many of the left have."

Yeah, right there. Broadening that scope some. No longer ANTIFA, no longer rioters, not even Marxists or "far left". Just the left.

Many of the left? Seriously? How many are many? What's "left" for hardcore Trump supporters?

3 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler goes to antifas frontlines, gets tear gassed when his peaceful protesters start fires at the federal courthouse then retreats like a baby with his 5 man security detail into a building while being assaulted by rioters ????????????

It's easier to be a Marxist extremist from the comfort of the Mayors office

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I know you ever-trumpers don't like it when grown-ups criticize the failure that is the trump "presidency" so I take pleasure in posting such things. 

Former Bush DHS secretary rips Trump for treating department like 'the president's personal militia'

6 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Another inconvenient statement from a grown-up:

US Army Gen. Russel Honoré: Get the hell out of our uniforms

"Retired US Army Gen. Russel Honoré, the three-star general who commanded the military's response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, sharply criticized the Department of Homeland Security for wearing military uniforms.

"That uniform represents the cloth of our nation for people who don't draw overtime, who serve around the world at the direction of the national command authority,""

Two snowflake lefties, or soon to be labeled such by Trump's followers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Morch said:

Quite.

It does raise some questions, though, regarding some of the insights offered by Trump supporters on these topics. It's almost as if some of you guys are out there, whether with law enforcement personnel or among the protestors. Only you're not.

When  the far left  goes prepared to do battle(clubs rocks spears helmets and umbrellas), than just carry signs and chant ,it  certainly does raise questions

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RANGER55 said:

They don’t have to ask, its to defend federal property. Again, 51 days of rioting, over 23 million in damages before the Feds showed up and started doing their job.

Loved the video of the PPD clearing out the park yesterday. Shoving that white boy with his man bun into the back of their police car. Then the fat white girl started to grab one of them, screaming her head off like a 5 year old brat. His words, don’t put your F---- hands on me again. Believe me the PPD have had it with these little white brats.  I keep saying white because probably 95% are white rioter and has nothing to do with the death of Floyd. Its to press their Marxist agenda.

As for asking for permission form the mayor or city council. They don’t have to. As they say there is a food chain, local, county (Sheriff), state and then federal. When the federals roll in, they don’t have to ask anybody, they are at the top of the food chain. They are in charge, no if, and are buts. I have seen it happen several times. One time rolling in and arresting a county Sheriff for crimes. They walk in and say everybody get up and step away from your desk NOW.

Defending federal property. Is that park mentioned in your post a federal property? Were all protestors detained/arrested/whatever engaged in destruction of federal property at the time? Were all previously involved in such? 

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

There are no underlying issues. None whatsoever. The BLM people claimed that blacks were killed in disproportionate numbers by police, which we now know is a lie, a deceit and an untruth.

Unfortunately if people start violence against you then you have no other option to defend yourself. Nobody wants the violence. But BLM and its leftist ANTIFA thugs started this violence. Not Trump.

What justified reasons do you have in mind, the claim by BLM about disproporionate killings by the police were shown to be lies. So what justified claim would this be?

In reality the frustration and anger is completely UNjustified and merely a result of Trump being of the wrong political persuasion for leftist extremists. From the day of his inauguration leftists have tried to torpedo this president and now are using outright violence. Let them choke on their anger when they're arrested and sit in a police cell.

"There are no underlying issues. None whatsoever."

Now if only this was true, or if you could convince the protestors and much of the American public this was so. Welcome to your illusion.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Does "The Land of the Free" allow a President to deploy an alphabet soup of hastily trained Federal agents, from a variety of organisations, against the clear wishes of state and municipal authorities; principally, it rather seems, because those authorities are governed by his political critics  and because the voters of those cities did not support him electorally.

Portland does seem to be several hundred kilometres from a border, so why are the Border Patrol involved? Perhaps because they are controlled by his administration, and are in the process of being formed into a Federal Paramilitary force, conveniently outside the scope of existing accountability and constitutional constraints!

I wonder what part they will be playing by late November this year?

You've got a wild imagination, herfiehandbag.  Bottom line, rioters violate the rights and liberties of others and are destructive.  Mayors and governors refuse to impose the rule of law.  So, too bad cupcake.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brunolem said:

America will soon have to chose between two paths:

- civil war, or

- split the country, like the former Yugoslavia did, into two new countries: the USA, run by conservatives, and the USSA, run by marxists.

Well, the conservative states are by far the poorest, most uneducated, sickest and dirtiest, so I propose that remedy ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again, nobody was ‘arrested’.

The court filing clearly explains ‘Detention’, not ‘arrest’ and removal from the public.

If you have any knowledge of laws that permit the detention of people in the US without use of the powers of arrest and/or a court order, get in touch with the respondents to the Oregon AG’s court filing.

Police (in USA) can detain (detention) anyone suspected of committing, planning, in the commission of a crime PERIOD.  If no charges, must release the person in a reasonable time.

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Indeed, of course they had a lot of practice, we already saw with the Seattle WTO protests in 1999 the destructive potential and planned vandalism Antifa are known for all over the world.

However, Antifa themselves have admitted that their plans for violent action were started as soon as Trump came to power.

I don't know if you watched that video of the assault by the far left  on police officers protecting statues in Chicago the other day, it went into great detail of the sadistic,deceptive  tactics  they use .

The reporter asked the chief of police  if all the protesters were   aware of the others intentions and he said he hoped not but...

51 minutes ago, riclag said:

When  the far left  goes prepared to do battle(clubs rocks spears helmets and umbrellas), than just carry signs and chant ,it  certainly does raise questions

So in your mind, anyone who holds "far left" (whatever that covers for Trump supporters) views is up for violence? And, to be clear, did you have similar issues with "far right" groups acting violently? Can't recall all that much fiery commentary from you.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, riclag said:

It makes one wonder how  many years these coordinated  violent tactics  have been planned by the far left radicals ! Organizing,fund raising ,logistics. 

Waiting for the right time !

It's a grand conspiracy. And a well planned one. Not sure how that sits with the "anarchist" label, but hey...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Like five times.

“The city of Portland has been under siege for 47 straight days by a violent mob while local political leaders refuse to restore order to protect their city. Each night, lawless anarchists destroy and desecrate property, including the federal courthouse, and attack the brave law enforcement officers protecting it.  

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/07/16/acting-secretary-wolf-condemns-rampant-long-lasting-violence-portland

The word ANTIFA doesn't even appear on the link provided.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, riclag said:

But look at the other side  a large majority of these states  citizens are not  burning down their food,clothes ,pharmacies and financial establishments. If I'm a business owner I ain't goin back there!

Your choice-it will be normal again when 45 is gone.  Without gun control, major cities will always have to deal will deadly criminals.  Those states don’t even want federal law enforcement interference anyway  

Edited by Redline
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Redline said:

Your choice-it will be normal again when 45 is gone.

Maybe. But waiting a few months until the good and the right rule the country again is much less fun than rioting, deserting cities and plundering shops.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I saw it, so underhand these ANTIFA are they throw bottles to make it appear amateurish, but they go to the trouble of freezing the water to inflict real damage to officers.

I don't think these tactics of just standing there as sitting duck targets is a good one. They really should go all out and arrest individuals. I understand the problems of creating yet more chaos but otherwise they'll just get pelted with missiles. Unless Trump gets his way and he can send in large numbers of federal troops to arrest ANTIFA activists. Nothing else will stop the unrest.

Frozen water bottles. The horror. I'm sure it tests law enforcement officers' training and means to the max. Considering how much you go on about them, maybe they ought to be outlawed. There's no NFWBA so shouldn't be hard. Oh, and umbrellas too, can't have such dangerous weapons about.

Understand that all police authorities not part of US Department of Justice in the US, ie., city, county & state are not organized by a national authority as it is in Thailand.

Federal law enforcement enforces federal law as prescribed by US Constitution. All other police authorities enforce their own jurisdictions as prescribed by state constitutions. Custom Border Patrol specializes in illegal border crossings, cross border smuggling, cross border human trafficking, etc.-typically dealing with foreign citizens. But what is CBP doing in Oregon?

As such federal agents have no jurisdiction to be involved in US state, county and city law enforcement issues/actions except when invited, provide specialized training/expert assistance or instances where "local" law enforcement violates federal law in their policing actions. 

It is reasonable to dispatch federal officers to protect federal property, but not to independently roam local streets looking to make arrests for nonfedral law violations or breaking up protests. 

Trump is using federal agents as his personal storm troops largely directed at subplanting local police jurisdictions with priority against Democrat mayors and governors. There is nothing of Law & Order about his dispatch of federal agents into states; its about political subjugation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1