Trump says sending federal agents to more U.S. cities to fight violent crime

webfact

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you read and inwardly digest Lightfoot’s letter’.

I doubt very much you’ll like what it says.

The situation in Chicago is actually very different to Portland, the mayor there Lori Lightfoot, just completely failed in ensuring the safety of its citizens from crime, drive by shootings are becoming an epidemic, so Trump has launched an operation to asssist Chicago with agents to help with actual gang crime. This is different to Portland which is a known stronghold of leftist Antifa activists. So Portland got DHS torched in a swift operation. Chicago is different, Lightfoot of course hates Trump and doesn't want to be blitzed by DHS like Portland, but she has agreed that help from other law enforcement is welcome in Chicago. Because she can't handle the crime by herself for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The situation in Chicago is actually very different to Portland, the mayor there Lori Lightfoot, just completely failed in ensuring the safety of its citizens from crime, drive by shootings are becoming an epidemic, so Trump has launched an operation to asssist Chicago with agents to help with actual gang crime. This is different to Portland which is a known stronghold of leftist Antifa activists. So Portland got DHS torched in a swift operation. Chicago is different, Lightfoot of course hates Trump and doesn't want to be blitzed by DHS like Portland, but she has agreed that help from other law enforcement is welcome in Chicago. Because she can't handle the crime by herself for some reason. 

You too need to read Lightfoot’s letter.

10 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

OK, here is a picture from the right-wing UK newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, showing unidentifiable federal officers lined up against protestors in Portland. Perhaps you could point out the badges, insignia, ID's or any other identifying marks on them? All I see is  the word "Police" on their chests.

IMG_20200723_230918.png

That's a job for GroveHill to take on himself, and not deflect on others. Simply saying you don't see this stuff would be OK but a picture only shows a certain perspective. Doesn't even ID the paper (maybe NYT or CNN)

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 6:21 AM, Brunolem said:

America will soon have to chose between two paths:

- civil war, or

- split the country, like the former Yugoslavia did, into two new countries: the USA, run by conservatives, and the USSA, run by marxists.

They already have Disney Land so Trump Land wont get too many sane visitors

1 hour ago, checkered flag said:

The illiberal wackos want to blame Trump for not helping and when he does they blame him anyway. They are totally blinded by their politics and don't care about society and/people. Given the choice Trump has done the right thing for everyone.

The right wing wackos want to spin it, just the way they need it!

If they defend the 2nd ammendment, they babble about the overreach of the government!

If they attack "marxists, anarchists and ANTIFA", every means is justified!

2 hours ago, RobFord said:

555 Courage? Nothing but pre-election meat to trigger his racist base, and judging by Thaivisa it works. 
Trump is a desperate cornered rat. There’s more to come. 8645110320. 

First decent post I've read all day

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Inspector General of the DoJ and tge Inspector General of the DHS have both announced investigations into the use of Federal Officers and the actions of Federal Officers in Oregon.

Well! That is odd....what would possess them to that I wonder?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Well! That is odd....what would possess them to that I wonder?

Their duty as oversight of the federal agencies aimed at preventing unlawful operations and in this case within the DOJ and DHS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

The right wing wackos want to spin it, just the way they need it!

If they defend the 2nd ammendment, they babble about the overreach of the government!

If they attack "marxists, anarchists and ANTIFA", every means is justified!

Tell us then how do they do it so well in the UK.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

'Judge Andrew Napolitano: In Portland, actions of federal agents are unlawful, unconstitutional and harmful'

On the detention of a man for two hours by federal agents:

"It was a kidnapping, not an arrest. An arrest is a lawful restraint by a legitimate government authority pursuant to a warrant issued by a judge specifically naming the person to be arrested, or pursuant to probable cause of crime personally observed by the arresting officers. Neither of these was the case in Portland."

And, don’t miss this because the courts won’t.

Arrests are accompanied by written records of the arrest, including the basis of the arrest, the time and place of the arrests and the name and ID of tge arresting officers.

7 hours ago, checkered flag said:

That's a job for GroveHill to take on himself, and not deflect on others. Simply saying you don't see this stuff would be OK but a picture only shows a certain perspective. Doesn't even ID the paper (maybe NYT or CNN)

Sorry, that's incorrect. The burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded. 

You claimed that all the federal personnel were badged and wearing the ID of the unit they report to, so it's actually up to you to prove it.

I already identified the source of the photo, it was from the Daily Telegraph, a UK newspaper.

Here's a link to the video that has it as the still image that shows before you start playing the clip.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Setting fire on police buildings, damaging public property, deserting cities is part of the freedom of speech in your universe?

I prefer carrying a gun as my right and shooting anyone who annoys me.

I'm waiting for the frothing-at-the-mouth gun toting patriots to show up at one of these things, let's see how the Federal Troopers handle it.  Will they still only abduct the demonstrators while letting the armed guys roam the streets at their will?  That will make for some interesting op-ed pieces.

But I'm not holding my breath, those open-carry guys are usually too cowardly to show up where there may actually be a confrontation. 

These Federal Troopers are getting to look more like Star Wars characters, but they are wearing desert camo.  But the camo with "Police" patches mean nothing, anyone can buy that on the web.

Edited by bendejo