Trump says sending federal agents to more U.S. cities to fight violent crime

webfact

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

You still cannot arrest or detain someone without probable cause.

Yes you can. A LEO can detain anyone at the scene of a crime or possible crime to determine if that individual is involved or for the safety of the LEO. Happens every day on the streets fighting crime. You can even cuff them, pat them down for weapons and put in the patrol car for officer safety. No violation of rights.

Edited by RANGER55
add parts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I lack the clarity you have into "many of the arrests", but the one captured on video was illegal. There was no probable cause. The "suspect" was transported to the courthouse, questioned for two hours and released.

Can wolf and cuccinelli  -both with potentially illegal appointments - make a case on this one? Doubt it.

Do you have the name of the person supposedly arrested "illegally"?

8 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Do you perhaps think that if there was the slightest chance of the DHS deployment being "illegal" oder against the constitution, that perhaps the Bezos owned Washington Post and and the NYT, both rabidly anti-Trump, would perhaps have made very loud and obnoxious cases calling the deployment "illegal".

What do you think, Chomper Higgot, bearing in mind both newspapers have lawyers on the pay roll.

Yet both agree that the deployment of federal troops is legal. What do you think that means, Chomper Higgot?

I note you have yet to adduce a single coherent argument as to why the deployment of the DHS is "illegal" or against the constitution. What are you waiting for? Is your constitutional law expertise limited to, well, shouting out "unconstitutional"? 

That’s all for the courts to resolve.

26 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Do you have the name of the person supposedly arrested "illegally"?

The complaint filed by the Oregon AG at the court specifically states that unidentified and unidentifiable persons ‘detained’ people in public places without ‘arrest’.

Arrest is a legally recognized process with protections for the arrested person under the Constitution, under law and specifically under Habeas Corpus. 

‘Detaining’ and removing a person from the public is not ‘Arrest’, we’ll see what the courts have to say on the matter.

http://opb-imgserve-production.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/ag_rosenblum_xxxx_updated_complaint_1595086491349.pdf

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Lol, yah, so you are clueless and have no argument at all basically?

I thought you had a clear analysis as to why the deployment of the DHS is "unconstitutional"?

So in view of the fact that the Post and NYT both have highly paid lawyers on payroll, and both come to the conclusion that the deployment of the DHS is legal....how do you think the courts will find?

Lol. God job you're not the judge.

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the courts have jurisdiction over these matters.

56 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s desperately trying to turn the polls around before Labor Day, after which he has some to one with Mitch McConnell.

I did see somewhere that McConnell had given him a deadline to reverse the polls or senators would be abandoning his sinking ship to try and save their own skins.. It is going to get interesting if McConnell makes a move..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laza 45 said:

I did see somewhere that McConnell had given him a deadline to reverse the polls or senators would be abandoning his sinking ship to try and save their own skins.. It is going to get interesting if McConnell makes a move..

Now that's gonna be a s**t show well worth staying up past midnight for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is the ‘Detentions’, that we’re not ‘Arrests’ by unidentified Federal Officers are going to result in substantial payouts to the victims of these ‘Detentions’.

Added to which, are the orders given by a head of a Federal Department who no longer has legal tenure even legal.

The lawyers are going to have a field day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

They do cause a lot of trouble, 1.4 billion USD worth according to insurers' estimates.

And you know very well that the "protests" in the US have turned incredibly violent. Police officers are injured every day with frozen water bottles, mortars, fireworks, sharpened poles.

This is not protest anymore, this is violent insurrection and extreme force is required to subdue it. Because the protesters themselves are using violence.

Yes, I know very well that the justified frustration/anger has been building over the last three to four decades. There are justified reasons and until the underlying issues are addressed that frustration/anger will remain. It is the same in international conflicts. Oh, you can keep the thumb on for some time but the boiling remains. The wisest thing historically, is to address the issues, not use force to make it appear subdued and claim that you have a citizen centered government.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The complaint filed by the Oregon AG at the court specifically states that unidentified and unidentifiable persons ‘detained’ people in public places without ‘arrest’.

Arrest is a legally recognized process with protections for the arrested person under the Constitution, under law and specifically under Habeas Corpus. 

‘Detaining’ and removing a person from the public is not ‘Arrest’, we’ll see what the courts have to say on the matter.

http://opb-imgserve-production.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/ag_rosenblum_xxxx_updated_complaint_1595086491349.pdf

Yes so poor Ellen Rosenblum couldn't make a case that the deployment of the DHS was illegal. All she's complaining about is the DHS had no warrant to arrest protesters. A ludicrous argument, she's obviously not realised that the DHS is there on the basis of federal law, and the officers can arrest on probably cause under federal law if someone is acting suspiciously in the vicinity of US federal property.

But then this whole legal action is political theatre and not meant as a serious legal case. She knows very well she has no chance to win. It's all about PR.

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure why you don’t understand the courts have jurisdiction over these matters.

Please don't be ridiculous. The anti-Trump NYT and Post, with highly paid lawyers on the pay roll, have both agreed that the deployment of the DHS is legal. 

Ellen Rosenblum's case is just political theatre, she in no way seriously expects to win the case, it's just political theatre.

Do you seriously think if this deployment were not legal the NYT and Post would not be all over this and making that very argument? The fact that they don't and have both concluded that the deployment of the DHS is legal clearly shows that the legal position is very clear.

Rosenblum's case doesn't even argue that the deployment of the DHS is illegal. She's complaining the DHS agents did not have the right to arrest, which is a non-starter as an argument. It's just political theatre.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes so poor Ellen Rosenblum couldn't make a case that the deployment of the DHS was illegal. All she's complaining about is the DHS had no warrant to arrest protesters. A ludicrous argument, she's obviously not realised that the DHS is there on the basis of federal law, and the officers can arrest on probably cause under federal law if someone is acting suspiciously in the vicinity of US federal property.

But then this whole legal action is political theatre and not meant as a serious legal case. She knows very well she has not chance to win. It's all about PR.

Supposition.

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Please don't be ridiculous. The anti-Trump NYT and Post, with highly paid lawyers on the pay roll, have both agreed that the deployment of the DHS is legal. 

Ellen Rosenblum's case is just political theatre, she in no way seriously expects to win the case, it's just political theatre.

Do you seriously think if this deployment were not legal the NYT and Post would not be all over this and making that very argument? The fact that they don't and have both concluded that the deployment of the DHS is legal clearly shows that the legal position is very clear.

Rosenblum's case doesn't even argue that the deployment of the DHS is illegal. She's complaining the DHS agents did not have the right to arrest, which is a non-starter as an argument. It's just political theatre.

She is arguing that the DHS don’t have arrest authority, funny. I bet there is a lot of people sitting in federal prison right now just wishing it was not true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Yes, I know very well that the justified frustration/anger has been building over the last three to four decades. There are justified reasons and until the underlying issues are addressed that frustration/anger will remain. It is the same in international conflicts. Oh, you can keep the thumb on for some time but the boiling remains. The wisest thing historically, is to address the issues, not use force to make it appear subdued and claim that you have a citizen centered government.

There are no underlying issues. None whatsoever. The BLM people claimed that blacks were killed in disproportionate numbers by police, which we now know is a lie, a deceit and an untruth.

Unfortunately if people start violence against you then you have no other option to defend yourself. Nobody wants the violence. But BLM and its leftist ANTIFA thugs started this violence. Not Trump.

What justified reasons do you have in mind, the claim by BLM about disproporionate killings by the police were shown to be lies. So what justified claim would this be?

In reality the frustration and anger is completely UNjustified and merely a result of Trump being of the wrong political persuasion for leftist extremists. From the day of his inauguration leftists have tried to torpedo this president and now are using outright violence. Let them choke on their anger when they're arrested and sit in a police cell.

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

She is arguing that the DHS don’t have arrest authority, funny. I bet there is a lot of people sitting in federal prison right now just wishing it was not true.

No she’s not, she’s accusing UN identified Federal Officers of ‘Detaining’ and ‘moving people’ out of the public without arrest and without due cause.

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again you get distracted by your imagination of what the NYT might do.

The complaint before the court is not about the right to make arrests.

It’s about the illegal detention of individuals and moving them from a public place and that these detentions  categorically were not arrests.

You might think detaining people without due cause and without the protections afforded under ‘arrest’ is political theater, I strongly suspect the court will disagree.

Lol, oh dear, will you be disappointed. See, the DHS agents did not detain people "without due cause". They very much had probable cause to suspect they were about to damage, or had damaged, federal property. 

They don't need probable cause under Oregon laws, under federal law is enough.

"Pettibone alleges that he was put into a cell and read his Miranda rights, but was not told why he was arrested".

Sounds like Rosenblum is very much talking about arrests.

And then "And the State of Oregon has enacted laws that make it a crime to detain a person without authority", as you see here Rosenblum totally fails to grasp that Oregon laws  are irrelevant, that the DHS is there on federal law authority. But then Rosenblum probably knows this, and this whole action is just political theatre.

Edited by Logosone
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Logosone said:

There are no underlying issues. None whatsoever. The BLM people claimed that blacks were killed in disproportionate numbers by police, which we now know is a lie, a deceit and an untruth.

Unfortunately if people start violence against you then you have no other option to defend yourself. Nobody wants the violence. But BLM and its leftist ANTIFA thugs started this violence. Not Trump.

What justified reasons do you have in mind, the claim by BLM about disproporionate killings by the police were shown to be lies. So what justified claim would this be?

In reality the frustration and anger is completely UNjustified and merely a result of Trump being of the wrong political persuasion for leftist extremists. From the day of his inauguration leftists have tried to torpedo this president and now are using outright violence. Let them choke on their anger when they're arrested and sit in a police cell.

I cannot see any profile information posted about your background so I can only judge from your writing that you are not aware of US History. It is replete with injustices, some of which were corrected over time some are still being fought against today. I and others see the income/wealth gap as having grown to unsustainable levelscand the resulting justified frustration/anger is exactly why some i n the working middle class, mistakenly, hoped that The Donald would address. Had they read and comprehended his personal history they might have realized his incompetence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Unidentifiable people dragging.others away in unmarked vehicles.

If protestors started shooting those unidentified people they would have a very good case.

Maybe it wont be long before local police step in and arrest those unidentifiable people.

You are kidding right. I would bet 99% of the PPD wish they were right beside the feds kicking those little wonker A--. Is that how the Brits say it (wonker)? Watch the video of the PPD yesterday clearing the park before they could set up one of those little zones. You could see the frustration and anger on their face and actions. Love the one PPD stuffing the white guy with his man bun into the patrol car, bam.

Till they start shooting back, maybe in the hoods in the inner cities. Those little worms in Portland, to much of momma’s baby. Mommy, can you go with me tonight so those police don’t beat me up!

Off to gym now, later Kathie’s.

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"and there have been some heroic actions - out-staring  Iran, Kim and Xi a dozen times is epic too!"

Help us out; how has Trump's clueless, uninformed, headline seeking dealings with Iran, North Korea, and China made the US or the world a better place?

Well all the evidence is in about him making the US a nice safe place.

But give him a break, he thinks identifying a drawing of an elephant is difficult.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2