China says UK citizenship pathway for Hong Kong residents violates international law

webfact

4 hours ago, car720 said:

I am not saying that any of the comments here are wrong it is just that there is much more depth to this than most know.

For over 5000 years the middle kingdom has struggled its way along through several dynasties and all of the attached subterfuge.  What we are witnessing here is the birth of the Xi Dynasty.  The people will follow because they do not know any other way.  They only respect strength and they know that whatever may happen that China will endure for many thousands of years more.

Nothing in your post really explains much about "more depth to this than most know". As for the supposed "Xi Dynasty", remains to be seen. Kinda doubt it will evolve into anything like NK. Thousands of years is a wee bit more than my crystal ball sees. Is yours Made in China?

10 minutes ago, galenflagler said:

really?

Coronavirus fears fuel racism and hostility, say British-Chinese

I'm talking about the British people with more than 1 brain cell.

By the way the guardian is leftist nonsense and the other two news agency's you quote are run by the CCP.

I do appreciate all the effort you went to though especially the bold red writing ????

Better luck next time wu mao.

Edited by misterjames
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, galenflagler said:

really?

Coronavirus fears fuel racism and hostility, say British-Chinese

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/01/coronavirus-weaponised-way-to-be-openly-racist

Ethnic Chinese are the most common victims of racism in the UK according to a YouGov poll

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-06-29/Ethnic-Chinese-most-common-victims-of-racism-in-UK-according-to-poll-RHnkdR3fVu/index.html

How East Asians in the UK are fighting back against a rising tide of racism

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/long-reads/article/3086438/how-east-asians-uk-are-fighting-back-against

That's sad to hear. It sounds like some racist idiots have decided that people who "look Chinese" and live in the UK are somehow to blame for COVID. Presumably Thais, Japanese etc  are getting the same treatment.

A Yougov poll shows Brits to be largely in favour of helping Hongkongers come to the UK:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/travel/survey-results/daily/2020/05/29/9742c/3

I suspect the support would have been a lot stronger pre-COVID. People are dumb.

5 minutes ago, nkg said:

That's sad to hear. It sounds like some racist idiots have decided that people who "look Chinese" and live in the UK are somehow to blame for COVID. Presumably Thais, Japanese etc  are getting the same treatment.

A Yougov poll shows Brits to be largely in favour of helping Hongkongers come to the UK:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/travel/survey-results/daily/2020/05/29/9742c/3

I suspect the support would have been a lot stronger pre-COVID. People are dumb.

As mentioned above the guardian is leftist nonsense and his other two links come from the CCP themselves.

That is not to say that idiots do not exist in UK but idiots exist in every country in the world.

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, misterjames said:

As mentioned above the guardian is leftist nonsense and his other two links come from the CCP themselves.

That is not to say that a few idiots do exist in UK but idiots exist in every country in the world.

One of the links is from a yougov poll. Didn't know yougov was CCP controlled.

And there's this from the heart of the leftist empire, Sky News:

Coronavirus: Hate crimes against Chinese people soar in UK during COVID-19 crisis

Hate crimes against Chinese people in the UK have soared during the coronavirus outbreak, new police figures have revealed.

At least 267 offences were recorded in the first three months of 2020 during the COVID-19 crisis - including assaults, robberies, harassment and criminal damage.

Victims described being punched, spat at and coughed on in the street as well as being verbally abused about coronavirus after the first case was reported in China.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-hate-crimes-against-chinese-people-soar-in-uk-during-covid-19-crisis-11979388

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, misterjames said:

I have contact with some friends in HK that own factories and from what I'm hearing it looks like they are very keen on the idea of moving to United Kingdom.

The British people will welcome the Hong Kongese with open arms because they are exactly the type of immigrants we need.

You see the British people are not racist we are just tired of being used and abused by a certain type of immigrant.

The UK is also people's home. It isn't just one of a number of global shopping malls. People already feel like strangers in their own towns and cities. 

Racism is a hoax. People's eyes don't blow a circuit when they perceive melanin above a certain level. People have a problem with certain behaviour, which includes tribalism and closed shops run by many immigrants. The solution is to reject the notion that we should be controlled by what the media tells us is "racism", which they can't even define.

The average person won't enjoy an increase in GDP which results from building over green areas or buying and selling of more plastic <deleted>.

26 minutes ago, galenflagler said:

At least 267 offences were recorded in the first three months of 2020 during the COVID-19 crisis - including assaults, robberies, harassment and criminal damage.

Cry me a river ???? add up the total population of Chinese in the UK and then it will put it into perspective for you.

A far greater number of us white folk are racially abused on a daily basis here in Asia.

The world is not perfect and anyone with a modicum of intelligence can work it out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

China's Foreign Ministry says it will consider not recognising UK-issued BNO passports as valid travel documents. 

Which is a violation of international law which is exactly what they are complaining about.

The hypocrisy from the CCP is laughable.

USA just kicked them out of their Houston embassy lets hope UK follows suit.

It is about to get interesting ????

Edited by misterjames
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

The problem for Brexiteers in the UK is "foreigners".

That's why they voted for Brexit.

Now 3,000,0000 "culturally dissimilars" are on their way in.

Three cheers for Boris.

Immigrants from China usually do not give problems. My experience from what I saw in my home country. They study, they work. They are very different than immigrants from Africa or muslim countries. Immigrants from Hong Kong will probably take a lot of money with them, their businesses etc. This can be even good for the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

so sayeth the totalitarian regime .however there is not enough property to accomodate all the 3 million chinese in the UK..the influx of EU workers has eroded the housing stock

Only the skilled workers from EU will be allowed in soon and they will have to meet a minimum income requirement which will free up space for the Hong Kongese.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to BBC reporter Stephen McDonell, China's Foreign Ministry says it will consider not recognising UK-issued BNO passports as valid travel documents. 

The response from Downing street "Its a fact that BNO passports are issued by the British government and they are legitimate international travel documents."

This is going to get interesting.

somewhat odd response from D10,

it is surely up to China to determine which passports they fancy recognising

sounds like empirebuiding and ruling waves have gone to the head of some people

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

somewhat odd response from D10,

it is surely up to China to determine which passports they fancy recognising

sounds like empirebuiding and ruling waves have gone to the head of some people

Sounds to me like a simple statement of fact. No threats to Chinese govt. How would you expect any government to characterize its officially issued passports?

• Like 2

China is the undisputed world leader in violating International law.  They seem to think it doesn't apply to them. (the list is too long for here). What they mean is,  they expect Western countries to follow international law to China's advantage.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, galenflagler said:

So you're claiming that China released it? Do you make the same claims for influenza? Most influenza pandemics begin in China.

Yes, but that was before China had leaky labs.

4 hours ago, galenflagler said:

Sounds to me like a simple statement of fact. No threats to Chinese govt. How would you expect any government to characterize its officially issued passports?

yes, factual

but hardly adequate in the context of China wishing to stop recognising them

Chinese Ambassadors are  obviously such pathetic liars and criminally insane, its time to kick the lot out and send back to China, Houston is a good start, but the rest need to go. China will not accept anything they are told, so time to stop the appeasing with them.

• Like 2

Interesting. Most threads involving immigration have people throwing accusations of "racism" around. One poster claimed that "Brexiteers" would be horrified at the prospect of Hongkongers coming to the UK.

But there hasn't been any racism in this thread - but lots of posts broadly welcoming an influx of foreigners. Good to see thaivisa posters in broad agreement this time.

Edited by nkg
Brexit
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Chinese Ambassadors are  obviously such pathetic liars and criminally insane, its time to kick the lot out and send back to China, Houston is a good start, but the rest need to go. China will not accept anything they are told, so time to stop the appeasing with them.

I agree.  
Time to shut down all the opportunities the Chinese have to get to and into facilities, universities and infrastructures to do their stealing.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nkg said:

Interesting. Most threads involving immigration have people throwing accusations of "racism" around. One poster claimed that "Brexiteers" would be horrified at the prospect of Hongkongers coming to the UK.

But there hasn't been any racism in this thread - but lots of posts broadly welcoming an influx of foreigners. Good to see thaivisa posters in broad agreement this time.

That's probably because "racism" these days covers just about anything. This is not about the Asian race, it's about culture. Hong Kong is a former British colony and is still close enough valuewise for the Hongkongers to be able to melt into British system. Mainlanders are not.

Edited by DrTuner

On 7/23/2020 at 10:44 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

so sayeth the totalitarian regime .however there is not enough property to accomodate all the 3 million chinese in the UK..the influx of EU workers has eroded the housing stock

The HK elite like Whiskey ... I am sure Scotland could easy find space for 3 million .. Lots of space up there.