Antavir – a new herbal weapon against Covid-19

webfact

the sad part is that they mean well

and really thinking they are helping...

why wouldnt a few thai Drs think that with maybe 10 thousand USD funding be better able to find a cure for the world's worst ills

they have been told all their lives they are superior to those westerners with all their billions of research funds...

21 hours ago, innosiem said:

"Which the innovative herbal anti-covid-19 Contains components of the extract of Vap Ca, turmeric and white galingale to help prevent the division of the virus. Beta-glucan extract from yeast And reishi mushroom extract and cordyceps Boosts immunity And turmeric extract, white Krachai helps to stop the occurrence of cytokines that are a leading cause of respiratory failure as well." ????

Sounds interesting. 

Are they going to overcharge or will it be typical Thai prices 100-200 baht for 100 capsules?  

Edited by balo

On 7/24/2020 at 11:04 AM, George Aylesham said:

But it doesn't claim to be a vaccine - simply a product to reinforce the body's immune response.

Just like eating healthy food will help you to reinforce the body immune system .....  Maybe I can be granted a patent on healthy food ?

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I've just bought a herb called krachai, which my pharmacist said prevents covid. 

I hope your pharmacist informed WHO and other health organizations about his findings.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, petedk said:

Give them a chance. There is a minimal chance that they could succeed. 

How do you think penicillin, smallpox vaccinations and so on were discovered? 

I laughed at people eating Manuka Honey to protect against bacterial infections. Now I have read that surgeons spread a very very thin layer on the nylon mesh used in hernia operations to prevent infections. Others have used it in open wounds against bacterial infections.

I know Thai researchers always seem to find the "miracle cure" for everything, but maybe, just maybe one day they will succeed. 

Honey was used by the romans for various elements as well as vingar for open wounds.

Edited by moe666
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, partington said:

My view is that since you don't know what will be effective against Covid, you should take everything available. After all it might work.

So I have gone to my pharmacy and bought every drug that starts with an 'A', and will see if they protect against Covid.  

Next week I will start on the 'B's, and so on.

After all as everyone here argues so logically, why not take just anything that anybody suggests, no matter how little evidence,  in case it works?

P.S. Anusol has proved disappointing so far

Now what you mean, terrible taste and many beers to get it out of my teeth ????

Edited by Excel

1 hour ago, partington said:

My view is that since you don't know what will be effective against Covid, you should take everything available. After all it might work.

So I have gone to my pharmacy and bought every drug that starts with an 'A', and will see if they protect against Covid.  

Next week I will start on the 'B's, and so on.

After all as everyone here argues so logically, why not take just anything that anybody suggests, no matter how little evidence,  in case it works?

P.S. Anusol has proved disappointing so far

So, you can add many medicines each week, in alphabetic order, to a list of proven medicines until the week in which you catch COVID.  Logical!

But of course that's nonsense, you need scientific proof...

Ansuol has been proven to remove 99.9% of all COVID virus off of shiny metal surfaces, including brass, copper, and chrome.

*Disclosure: I polished my doorknobs at the start of the pandemic to make them easier to clean with alcohol.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Vitamin C and D3 have also been recommended to me. 

if anyone is worried about the Covid consequences, please take these supplements.

Absolutely right, along with a little zinc. It won't stop you getting covid but anything to help boost your immune system  has got to be worthwhile. Even once I'm vaccinated I'll probably still take those supplements.

• Like 2

Interestingly, one of the main constituents of Anusol, the natural product Peru balsam, is known to have antiviral properties!!!

What more evidence do you need?

I am going to stick it everywhere.

"Peru Balsam is extremely soothing to the senses, and may reduce stress levels and mental exhaustion. For the skin, Peru Balsam must be diluted by about 2% and massaged into the skin to smooth broken and damaged skin. 

Properties: Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antifungal, Antiviral, Cicatrisant, Deodorant, Expectorant, Hypertensive, Stimulant "

https://www.miraclebotanicals.com/peru-balsam-essential-oil

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, partington said:

Interestingly, one of the main constituents of Anusol, the natural product Peru balsam, is known to have antiviral properties!!!

What more evidence do you need?

I am going to stick it everywhere.

"Peru Balsam is extremely soothing to the senses, and may reduce stress levels and mental exhaustion. For the skin, Peru Balsam must be diluted by about 2% and massaged into the skin to smooth broken and damaged skin. 

Properties: Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antifungal, Antiviral, Cicatrisant, Deodorant, Expectorant, Hypertensive, Stimulant "

https://www.miraclebotanicals.com/peru-balsam-essential-oil

Where do you buy it?

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Seems to do  a lot. 

image.png.d8853d75eb458ff941c1cdd2a0347f58.png

I hope you realise I am joking , and think that recommendations like this based on nonsense advertisements, are worthless and stupid!

This was entirely satirical, based on the idiocy of my joke recommendation  to use hemorrhoid cream to treat Covid, itself an afterthought to an absurd suggestion to just use anything available with no evidence to treat Covid...

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 3:17 AM, innosiem said:

"Which the innovative herbal anti-covid-19 Contains components of the extract of Vap Ca, turmeric and white galingale to help prevent the division of the virus. Beta-glucan extract from yeast And reishi mushroom extract and cordyceps Boosts immunity And turmeric extract, white Krachai helps to stop the occurrence of cytokines that are a leading cause of respiratory failure as well." ????

Blah !

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think you need some help and a vodka. 

My friends from Russia told me that Vodka-drinkers can't catch COVID. It`s not a joke. Seriously. They mix vodka with herbal tablets from China that looks similar to these ones. And they sniff the mixture to kill COVID.

But this is not my method of fighting COVID. I don't drink any alcohol after my latest journey to the city of Shiraz. My iranian friends told me that if we drink, we are weak. And if we are weak, the Shaitan from the other side of the ocean will come to defeat us.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, moe666 said:

Honey was used as a anti-bacteria defense in roman days as well as vinager.

And look what happened to the Romans !

But then, what did they ever do for us?

Seriously though, herbs and various options have been part of medicine since long before pharmaceuticals were around.

If this stuff helps maintain the immune system, ( which is quite possibly compromised by a lot of the <deleted> we consume), protect against the virus and reduce symptoms then good.

I may swing by the traditional medicines shop on my way to my "just received my salary" treat at McDonalds!

I see too many posts like "Haha those asians" etc. With all due respect guys, what about the fact that every second frenchman buys homeopathic remedies? (And I don't think that in the other western countries the situation is better). Every scientist will tell you that homeopathy is a anti-scientific <deleted>.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:19 AM, balo said:

I already take ginger and gingko biloba herbal capsules for my immune system.  If you want me to try this new miracle medicine, at least mention what's inside the capsule?

Most Thai people would effortlessly identify the three roots shown in the picture. Not to say listing them in the article seems like a good idea. Kachai (Chinese Keys), tumeric, and white tumeric. All plants on the radar of researchers long since.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, Greenside said:

Believe it when you see the controlled scientific tests. 

"Here, this is a million dollars, write me a scientific study that reinforces our theory.

Shut up and work."

Regarding COVID there have been some scientific studies in Norway  that fish oil from cod will protect you in some way,, in Norway it's been a tradition to take fish oil every morning with breakfast.  It contains high levels of Vitamin D.  I always bring with me fish oil capsules wherever I travel . 

Here's one of the studies 
https://www.uib.no/en/biomedisin/141319/covid-19-and-vitamin-d