Will Isaan Be the Safest Place to Live

bwpage3

On 7/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, bwpage3 said:

In the future, will this be the best area to live?

You could try the moon, there is also no air pollution. ????

Seriously, if you like country life then go there. But for many, including me, any day I am up-country is a wasted day of my life.

Now Bangkok is a lot cleaner than it was years ago - and I live here since before the BTS was build.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Pictures please. I am looking  for  designs.  Been collecting sticks  for years  too !

How about Teepee's?   Lincoln logs?    Could maybe build one out of lao kao bottles up there...

12 hours ago, seancbk said:

As that happens Bangkok will get bigger and better.   I'm looking forward to seeing how modern Bangkok can get in the next 30 years.   

The New Hiso Atlantis ..will also accept Aquarium  double price for falang...do not tap on the glass!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Haha. Since when is Thailands population shrinking?

Is Thailand's population shrinking?.. Ask Google...

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+thailand'spopulation+shrinking&rlz=1C1GGRV_enTH748TH748&oq=is+thailand'spopulation+shrinking&aqs=chrome..69i57.9956j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Laza 45

20 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I struggle with Farang food in Isaan not enough choice , I guess I need to start cooking and buy a Freezer which is mandatory 

Depends a bit on how far you are from a Makro or Tesco.. or BigC.. I keep a supply of salmon and other fish in the freezer.. We just have a rather large freezer in the top part of our fridge... good sausages from Makro.. some beef occasionally.. pasta.. roast pork.. all easy to cook.. along with salads.. I love my wife's cooking.. she is very creative and has learned to adapt Thai food to my taste.. not too hot.. but.. I like ferang food too and cooking for myself is something like to do.. I have one of those small fan forced ovens.. a small pork roast.. salmon or other fish in foil with herbs & lime.. roast vegies.. all easy to do.  I use an oven like this one:   https://www.lazada.co.th/products/otto-co-705-12-i1248110311-s3013830077.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.96fa16efpWkQWw&search=1

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could try the moon, there is also no air pollution. ????

Seriously, if you like country life then go there. But for many, including me, any day I am up-country is a wasted day of my life.

Now Bangkok is a lot cleaner than it was years ago - and I live here since before the BTS was build.

Bangkok is cleaner?

Air pollution is the worst it has ever been and it will get worse.

Nothing like visiting Hooters and seeing a giant rat scurrying across the floor.

That kind of clean?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, elliss said:

Cheap Charlie's are abundant in Issan ..

Seems to attract the wrong type of farlangs ...

Isan is so so much more than Cheep Charlies, they wouldnt survive long time up here! 

Yess, they come, they go either with first or second bus, or up in smoke

On 7/24/2020 at 6:31 AM, BritManToo said:

I've done the 'traditional' foreigner trip through Korat to meet the hired helps family, 10Km down a dirt track from the nearest main road.

Holy poop .........  after two nights I ran.

Then once again near Lomsak .......

Corrugated iron hut 15Km from the nearest paved road, no doors or windows, just openings, no running water or toilet, just a communal shower hut in the jungle. Couldn't enter the house in the day unless you wanted to cook.

Lasted 2 nights before leaving forever.

One final go, Nan looks nice ...........

Slightly better ........ wasn't quite so hot ...... nothing to do but watch the corn field grow.

May i humbly suggest , Ban Dung .  I met my future ex wife there .. 

However , that said , not to everyone's , taste ..

Edited by elliss

On 7/23/2020 at 10:01 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

So you  came, you saw, you went?

Absolutely .

After seeing farangs , wearing T Shirts  and daps,  seems this style is unique to Issan .

Birds of a feather , etc...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Decline in growth rate not a decline in population.

The World Bank forecasts a contraction of the working-age population of about 10 percent between 2010 and 2040.

Which will lead to a decline in population..

10 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Decline in growth rate not a decline in population.

Experts believe that the baby bust will cause Thailand’s total population to plummet by one third, from roughly 70 million to around 47 million. The International Monetary Fund even forecasted that the shrinking labor force will hinder economic growth by as much as 1 percent every year for the next 20 years.

11 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Experts believe that the baby bust will cause Thailand’s total population to plummet by one third, from roughly 70 million to around 47 million. The International Monetary Fund even forecasted that the shrinking labor force will hinder economic growth by as much as 1 percent every year for the next 20 years.

The poster said the population is falling. It is not. Show me the population numbers for the last 5 years. What might happen in the future and working age demographics are conpletely irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

The poster said the population is falling. It is not. Show me the population numbers for the last 5 years. What might happen in the future and working age demographics are conpletely irrelevant. 

...do some Google searches... there is plenty of information for you there.. start with....'is Thailand's population declining'.. look for yourself I'm sick of this pointless conversation..

I can't remember how many years ago it was but there was an article in one of the papers that somewhere in central Esarn would be the safest place on earth in a nuclear war. I'd bet that area being so empty and dry with weather that never changes might be the best place in Thailand. Water doesn't really flow there from any developed areas or even major rivers. It's the desert of Thailand, probably the worst place to live most of the time for lack of water.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, brianthainess said:

I can't remember where this was but sure wouldn't want to live anywhere near this horny one.

c1_1783159.jpg.f2d4686c7a19f50df374f51206c1be83.jpg

Did he get it stuck in the gas tank hole????  kind of like folks getting it stuck in pool-jacuzzi intake

7 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

...do some Google searches... there is plenty of information for you there.. start with....'is Thailand's population declining'.. look for yourself I'm sick of this pointless conversation..

Because you are flat out wrong. Even the websites you quote dont say the population is declining. They the population growth is declining, not the overall population is declining. 

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Because you are flat out wrong. Even the websites you quote dont say the population is declining. They the population growth is declining, not the overall population is declining. 

Currently Thailand's population growth rate is 0.25%, pretty low. But the population boom in Thailand happened a long time ago, until  50 years ago was 6 births per woman. It is now 1.5 (below replacement rate). The largest year classes are now in their 40's, younger people show smaller year classes. It is predicted that deaths will exceed births in about 10 years.

It depends on which region of Issan. The Corridor from Korat, Khon Kaen, up to Udon Thani and to the Laos border will become part of "Modern Thailand" with those cities also becoming modern. Other provinces i.e Amnet Chareon, Yasothon, Kalasin, Sakhon Nakhon will continue to be very rural and will will continue to be the poorest percapita in Thailand. Not necessarly a bad thing though since those folks are poor, and don't know what its like to be rich.

13 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

It depends on which region of Issan. The Corridor from Korat, Khon Kaen, up to Udon Thani and to the Laos border will become part of "Modern Thailand" with those cities also becoming modern. Other provinces i.e Amnet Chareon, Yasothon, Kalasin, Sakhon Nakhon will continue to be very rural and will will continue to be the poorest percapita in Thailand. Not necessarly a bad thing though since those folks are poor, and don't know what its like to be rich.

I will put Udon Thani as the nicest Isan city, and Chiang Rai as the best option in northern Thailand. Petchabun as second but no airport, and still 5 hours ride to Suvarnibhumi airport. 

If I would choose a city today not along the beaches, it had to be Udon Thani area.