Empty Condo

aussiexpat

9 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I have spare keys at reception but am reluctant to ask them to go in and check on it when all my stuff is there (I know I shouldn't be). I can also ask them to clean which is 700 baht but not doing for same reason.

Can also have Elec turned off at meter outside but then fridge would be off with door closed which I understand kills your fridge? Being 60 baht per month for elec is not too bad to leave it running

All our valuables go to a safety dep.box whenever I leave no matter how short. Fridge is cleared. 

4 minutes ago, SePl said:

Some company are specialized to check property and take photos when you are not here.

Some insurance companies have in their conditions that you need to check your condo regularly. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

so my Condo has been empty for 8 months

You think it  has,  but recently a  friend  of mine found out unbeknown to him it was being rented out and the money pocketed by his lovely Thai agent.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bodga said:

You think it  has,  but recently a  friend  of mine found out unbeknown to him it was being rented out and the money pocketed by his lovely Thai agent.

You give a good reason why I should keep my fridge running. 60 baht per month electricity bill proves it's empty lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You give a good reason why I should keep my fridge running. 60 baht per month electricity bill proves it's empty lol

and so was  this  one but  still someone was in it, Wife  found  out by accident,

Luckily I turned off elec and water, but am worried that pigeons will be nesting on the balcony when I can eventually return.

Can anyone suggest best way to pay Juristic fee due next January? No idea how to contact Juristic office, not on the web, arrange for a local solicitor to pay for me?

I have my condo fee emailed to me which includes their bank account. I just transferred my 6 month amount in June, took a calculated guess at exchange rate and was 291 baht over. 

Maybe someone on the ground may be able to get you an email address if you give name of condo complex?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nice reminder to leave spare keys with friends or the office. I guess you can wait and see if a problem happens or ask a friend to coordinate breaking the lock and turn things off and check every month or so. After 2 years may be full of cockroaches

No need to break in. Can turn water and electricity from outside

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I have my condo fee emailed to me which includes their bank account. I just transferred my 6 month amount in June, took a calculated guess at exchange rate and was 291 baht over. 

Maybe someone on the ground may be able to get you an email address if you give name of condo complex?

Thanks for that. Condo is View Talay 5D in Jomtien.

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I have spare keys at reception but am reluctant to ask them to go in and check on it when all my stuff is there (I know I shouldn't be). I can also ask them to clean which is 700 baht but not doing for same reason.

Can also have Elec turned off at meter outside but then fridge would be off with door closed which I understand kills your fridge? Being 60 baht per month for elec is not too bad to leave it running

Make sure the management knows where to contact you in case they need to contact you urgently. 

• Like 1

Why worry about hot water? As long as the water isn't running,the water heater won't turn on, and I think you have to pay more than only 60 baht a month for electricity. 

ill go over to your condo and sort everything out for you guys. email me. i live in the bkk area and would be more than happy to help out people who are in a really tough position. 

no joke. 

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Still possible, but you won't be able to leave unless it's forever.

No trips home, no holidays in neighbouring countries.

But on the plus side, for those of us remaining, the gogo girls are suddenly very eager to please.

There's plenty of them to go round, and none of this, "I only go with younger men" any more.

I agree with what you say about the girls,but its about time that some of their fees and bar fines are reduced.

Most of the girls are only getting 500thb per night,salary now.

Very few even get their 3 or 4 drinks quota...

• Like 1

Yeah I do and spare key is at reception so can let them know to expect them. I guess I was in denial that I'd be back soon so didn't want to do the obvious ????

You were very unfortunate with the timing of your flight..

Is very lucky..i actualy just returned to thailand on 13th march,just before lockdown.

I live in my condo,fulltime,so would be VERY upset if i couldnt return here,for many months...

I would suggest that you get somebody to check the condo.

The fridge is better turned off,if  not being used long time,but if left on,the power is minimal..

Unfortunately Australia will probably now be on 'non bubble' list now..

When thailand relaxes borders a bit.

12 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why you have hot water on? We always turn off after shower. Same if use aircon , after use i take power switch off. If condo have same kind sht water heat machine in shower wall? Why heat the water if not use, its so fast to work.

Ive never thought of doing that..being budget minded..i might try turning hot water off..

I dont need aircond with high level condo by beach.corner unit gets good breeze 80% of time

7 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Luckily I turned off elec and water, but am worried that pigeons will be nesting on the balcony when I can eventually return.

Can anyone suggest best way to pay Juristic fee due next January? No idea how to contact Juristic office, not on the web, arrange for a local solicitor to pay for me?

I have a similar concern about pigeons - for many years there was no problem, but last year they started to sit on the Aircon Unit. I asked around a bit and it was suggested to put some CD-disc on strings there - and can only hope the drain on the balcony won't get blocked, as water can build-up too high during some downpours and may seep inside?

Regarding the Fees, I have an Arrangement with the Office - left 10K there and they deduct Elec & water each month and  also the Annual Fee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I expect many water traps dry out when a condo is left empty for some time and bugs can crawl in from the drains. I actually make a once a week job of running water into the sink and floor drain of my spare bedroom.... holds back smells too.

Fill a condom with water, stand it on the drain hole.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well thanks but it isn't too much effort for me to pop in there and open a tap and spray the bum gun at the floor trap. Not much else to do these days.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I did this and then a hose broke from this hand shower. Normally the water would have gone down the drain but since I blocked it... An expensive experience. In the meantime I put something there that can float on water. 

On 7/24/2020 at 6:43 AM, aussiexpat said:

18-24 months based on 8 months already. Australia just released a new budget that included international flights re-opening 1st January next year so hopefully not that long.

When do you walk away? Condo cost 6 million baht so won't be doing that ever lol

Wishful thinking on your part.....you are stuck in OZ until dooms day....suck it up and kiss that condo good bye.....????????

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Why you have hot water on? We always turn off after shower. Same if use aircon , after use i take power switch off. If condo have same kind sht water heat machine in shower wall? Why heat the water if not use, its so fast to work.

Most people dont have a water boiler , where the water is heated and saved .

Most people these days have shower heaters where the water is heated instantly and thus no need to turn the electric on and off