Thailand drops charges in Red Bull heir case that stirred anger about impunity

webfact

Thailand leaders spokesman are some of the best in the world!

They dye their hair solid black regularly get up before the cameras with a dead straight face and say what they know is 100% untrue. In this situation with all the evidence before them to issue a warrant then knowingly wasn't going to enforce it warn him to run and hide for all these years now dump the charges and and say " no double standard " not even explaining why these guys are good!????????

I could see why the youth are rising but when it happens who can lead this nation that isn't corrupt themselves who can rig the swamp!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rtco said:

When you run into someone with a car and drag his body along the road and then deliberately leave the scene and also try to get someone to become a scapegoat ... that's murder in my eyes.

But not in the eyes of the law.

• Sad 2

"Vorayuth missed eight summonses to appear in court in connection with the case before authorities issued a warrant for his arrest, five years after the accident.

He later disappeared, apparently abroad, according to some social media posts."

Disappeared - really? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4383824/Red-Bull-heir-wanted-hit-run-seen-London.html

I've not seen one single post here in 6 years that has said anything positive

about the Thai police.

According to folk here.....

ALL are corrupt, incompetent, look ridiculous, lazy and have small

sexual organs.

I don't get the outrage in this and other threads. Surely a RTP officer 

being killed would be something for you people to celebrate.

The police I have interacted with have been pleasant and not one has 

ever asked me for a brown envelope, although I brought a load over with

me from the UK and carry at all times along with my passport.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO the Attorney General should be sacked from his job for malfesance and failing in his job which was to ensure justice for the victims family.

And the fact that his daddy, Chalerm Yuvidhya, a couple of months ago "donated" 300 million to "Team Thailand", set up to mitigate the economic fallout of the Covid crisis, surely aided the attorney general's decision a lot.

Perhaps this is a comeback on his donation to the Covid fund.

Ha, ha, ha, "the attorney general should be sacked"

Sacked by who???

18 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Who was murdered ?

No one, not hit and dragged and not killed. Never happened and therefore all charges dropped. Just another misunderstanding Don. No murder, no problem. Or, maybe the problem here might be the terminology, eh?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

"We are saddened by the loss of a fellow police officer," he said.

How hallow.  One can only hope there is a Thai expression for hallow words and meaningless sediments.   If he was truly sad, he'd make the brat pay.

4 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

How hallow.  One can only hope there is a Thai expression for hallow words and meaningless sediments.   If he was truly sad, he'd make the brat pay.

He is very sad, and they managed to extract another 330 million from family on top of whatever donations have been made over the years.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dap said:

No one, not hit and dragged and not killed. Never happened and therefore all charges dropped. Just another misunderstanding Don. No murder, no problem. Or, maybe the problem here might be the terminology, eh?

Don't know what news feeds you are reading but a person did infact die due to the negligence of another, that charge was reckless driving causing death.

do you have a link to what you posted ?

16 hours ago, Victornoir said:

It was a road accident.
Certainly caused by a reckless and irresponsible driver, but there was no criminal intent.
Consequently, I fully approve of the decision to privilege compensation rather than a stay in prison.

You do know that people can be imprisoned AND have to pay compensation. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

55 minutes ago, rtco said:

What law ... one for the rich and one fir the poor regardless of culpability

I guess if you look at the "justice" system in many countries including "western democracies" it is no different, with the exception that the Thais are more blatant about it.

This includes the bastions of "justice" USA and UK., They are just a little more discrete about how it happens

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Don't know what news feeds you are reading but a person did infact die due to the negligence of another, that charge was reckless driving causing death.

do you have a link to what you posted ?

Don, it has been a few days since my original post where I believe I "alluded" to the fact that a drunk and drugged incredibly rich kid driving a Ferrari home from the clubs early in the morning hit and dragged a cop several blocks and hid the car in the family compound waiting for his families notoriety  to cover his transgressions ie. killing said policeman. The charges on the other hand were announced several days later and seemed (to my estimation) contrived to spare the offender. Now unless we are in a court of law and I am being charged with some sort of slander, I believe I'm going to stick with my assessment of the situation as I understand it, and it certainly isn't "negligence" by any stretch of my imagination. Argue if you will, but we are not in a court of law and I have no desire to change my belief. Negligence/Murder/Killing - take your pick and think what you will, but please do not base any argument on the veracity of a Thai legal ruling. 

4 minutes ago, Dap said:

Don, it has been a few days since my original post where I believe I "alluded" to the fact that a drunk and drugged incredibly rich kid driving a Ferrari home from the clubs early in the morning hit and dragged a cop several blocks and hid the car in the family compound waiting for his families notoriety  to cover his transgressions ie. killing said policeman. The charges on the other hand were announced several days later and seemed (to my estimation) contrived to spare the offender. Now unless we are in a court of law and I am being charged with some sort of slander, I believe I'm going to stick with my assessment of the situation as I understand it, and it certainly isn't "negligence" by any stretch of my imagination. Argue if you will, but we are not in a court of law and I have no desire to change my belief. Negligence/Murder/Killing - take your pick and think what you will, but please do not base any argument on the veracity of a Thai legal ruling. 

what was Khun Boss charged with ?

On 7/25/2020 at 1:18 PM, yellowboat said:

Yeah, i dont think there is an english word for hallow,so translation could prove difficult 

42 minutes ago, Redline said:

I wonder what would have happened if it was a foreigner that did that?  Didn’t he drive the bloody smashed car back to his house trashed out of his mind?  Some people got a big payday

Really? 

The kind of money we are talking about I hardly think race is an issue.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Redline said:

I wonder what would have happened if it was a foreigner that did that?  Didn’t he drive the bloody smashed car back to his house trashed out of his mind?  Some people got a big payday

If the foreigner was equally as rich then nothing - just the same.

Sorry.

19 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

If the foreigner was equally as rich then nothing - just the same.

Sorry.

Up for the test?  We can start a crowdfunding for the payoff 

Edited by Redline