Do all Non-O ME border bouncers need to switch to yearly extensions?

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But some offices are refusing to accept 2 months if a person has been on a multiple entry non-o visa.

Are they accepting the 400K though, otherwise they're as good as stating leave by Sept 26th (assuming no land borders have reopened).

'Have been' or 'are' on a valid Non Imm O ME.

Some have expired Non Imm O ME's, so applying for a new Non O as a prelude to an annual extension.

Edited by Tanoshi

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Are they accepting the 400K though, otherwise they're as good as stating leave by Sept 26th (assuming no land borders have reopened).

Yes

There have been many reports of offices not accepting 2 months of income for the first extension since last year when it first became possible.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, steve187 said:

you are covered by amnesty until the 26th September, and if at that time you can do a 60 day extension then do it, why are you worrying about something that is 8 weeks away, when we all know its a changing world regarding immigration at the moment, just wait and see.

Why worry about something that is 2 months away?

Because TIT and they probably require you to submit some random documents that take 3 weeks to deliver.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

There have been many reports of offices not accepting 2 months of income for the first extension since last year when it first became possible.

Understood, so not directly as a result of applications since the amnesty

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That amounts to discrimination towards the UK, US and Australian citizens, who are forced to use the proof of income through Thai bank accounts.

Yet they will accept Embassy Income letters from other nationalities as proof of income, without any proof of a Thai bank account, or even actually transferring income.

42 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

For the (90 day) Non O based on spouse just proof of 40K/400K, no seasoning required.

Can you apply for a new 90 day non-o based on spouse in country?

here is my buddies situation....

has a non-o ME that expires in October. He already did the 60day family extension in April. Went on amnesty in June. Can he apply for a New non-o visa in country? If so what are the general reqs for that? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, homemade514 said:

Can you apply for a new 90 day non-o based on spouse in country?

here is my buddies situation....

has a non-o ME that expires in October. He already did the 60day family extension in April. Went on amnesty in June. Can he apply for a New non-o visa in country? If so what are the general reqs for that? Thanks. 

It is only possible to apply for a non-o visa at immigration if you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa.

His visas expiration date is only the last day it can be used for entry. After entering the country it means nothing.

He can only apply for a one year extension if he can meet the financial requirements.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That amounts to discrimination towards the UK, US and Australian citizens, who are forced to use the proof of income through Thai bank accounts.

Yet they will accept Embassy Income letters from other nationalities as proof of income, without any proof of a Thai bank account, or even actually transferring income.

To be fair it was the embassies that stopped issuing the income letters rather than Thai imm not accepting them.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

To be fair it was the embassies that stopped issuing the income letters rather than Thai imm not accepting them.

To be fair, it was Thai Immigration that insisted on 'verification' of the incomes throughout the negotiations, which the Embassies repeatedly informed them wasn't possible.

After the UK, US and Australian Embassies ceased the system, Immigration issued an amendment to the existing orders accepting proof of income transferred into a Thai Bank ....... and 'certified' Embassy letters.

• Like 1

Short answer to the OP's question, to the best of my knowledge:

Yes

I did just did the switch from a non-O ME border bounce visa to a yearly extension, and it worked quite well for me. Now I don't have to worry about not being able to stay in Thailand. Yes, it was not easy coming up with 400,000 baht, but you just have to find some way to get those funds.

There was no other alternative option other than the 40,000 monthly deposit.