Four new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

webfact

Four new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

By The Nation

800_71efc05f99c1590.jpg?v=1595826252

There were four new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine over a 24-hour period, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), announced on Monday (July 27).

It was the 63rd day without any domestic cases since May.

Of the new four cases, three patients had returned from the United States. They included an asymptomatic 44-year-old woman, a feverish 25-year-old male student and a 21-year-old female student who had lost her sense of smell. Another case was a 30-year-old hotel employee who had returned from Taiwan and suffered from diarrhoea, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the CCSA spokesman, said.

Meanwhile, two people have fully recovered and were discharged from hospital.

As of July 27, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,295 (358 in state quarantine) -- 126 are under treatment, 3,111 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases passed 16.4 million, up by 214,000 on Sunday, of whom 10 million have recovered while deaths stood at 652,000. Thailand’s rank was 106th among countries with most number of cases in the world. The US had the highest number of cases (4.3 million), followed by Brazil (2.4 million) and India (1.4 million ).

CCSA expressed concern about some countries in Asia, such as India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Philippines, and Singapore where daily cases are increasing in hundreds and thousands.

Dr Taweesin urged all Thai people to remain on high alert during the four-day holidays when people tend to use public transportation for travel.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391992

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-27

It's being reported that Thais are not required to have a covid test before getting on the "repatriation" plane... So depending on where they are coming from there is likely more thais to pop a positive test once they reach quarantine. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Ah, yes. Fake news. Where have I heard that term before from folks that dispute data not to their liking...

....but I really believe Thailand has successfully put the kibosh on covid19 "within" their country, as has NZ in the same press coverage.

But, sure, an illegitimate-at-the-roots gov't can be called suspect -- if you really believe they don't have the best outcome for their country at heart. I just don't know why so many believe Prayut is sinister and corrupt.... (but, I guess, if you lead a coup, this naturally follows in the liberal crowd....).

I guess if the hospitals start getting increased covid19 admissions, while the gov't says no new cases, you might just be able to make a case for false reporting. So far, however, this is not the situation.

I agree fully with you.

The one thing that I still fumble with though is only 400,000 tests have been performed to date in Thailand. Naturally one could argue that they may not need to be made if there is no local existence of the virus. But still 400K, some countries do that a day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

I call bull <deleted> on the returnee from Taiwan.  

Could have caught it on the flight back. From the reports in TVF it looks like repatriation flights are packed full.

Stating they are cases on people returning on repatriation flights gives the Thai Government every reason for not opening up the country to Tourists, is it a deliberate ploy to indicate they can control people.

i find it strange that only 1 or 2 on a flight have developed Covid19 more so in the confined space of an aircraft, have the flight crew been quarantined ?
Surely even a temperature check before the boarding the flight would show a temperature ?

Again they all appear to have developed the symptoms once they arrive, so many unanswered questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The important stats now are hospitalizations and positivity rate. I've never seen a report on Thailand's positivity rate. They just aren't testing. Yet, you couldn't hide hospitalizations and dead bodies for long. Too much social media. The Thais love to gossip. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coastguard said:

The important stats now are hospitalizations and positivity rate. I've never seen a report on Thailand's positivity rate. They just aren't testing. Yet, you couldn't hide hospitalizations and dead bodies for long. Too much social media. The Thais love to gossip. 

Plipat mentioned it in the video interview. Around 3% at the time I think. Had they tested in November-January it would have been a different story.

2 minutes ago, coastguard said:

No hospitalisation not unless the person is tested positive plus not every one with Covid needs to be hospitalised only the old and people with respiratory issues.

Correct  me if I am wrong the older population don’t live in the areas which have been affected with Covid, most healthy people can recover in 4/5 days. It is beyond me why everyone who is diagnosed whilst in quarantine is ‘rushed’ to hospital ?

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No hospitalisation not unless the person is tested positive plus not every one with Covid needs to be hospitalised only the old and people with respiratory issues.

Correct  me if I am wrong the older population don’t live in the areas which have been affected with Covid, most healthy people can recover in 4/5 days. It is beyond me why everyone who is diagnosed whilst in quarantine is ‘rushed’ to hospital ?

Correct.  Now UK are examining their deaths records as they are including deaths 28 days after they caught covid.  Reason being, they might have died due to other causes and not covid.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It is beyond me why everyone who is diagnosed whilst in quarantine is ‘rushed’ to hospital ?

It's because they're scared sh1tless of the disease.

They've locked people up in hospitals for many weeks until there's zero trace of dead virus remaining in their system - weeks longer than they're actually ill for.

If they ever get a real outbreak these onerous requirements will quickly disappear as the hospitals fill up with people who really need to be there.

Avoiding that next stage will require the country to be closed for a VERY long time.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Col said:

That's a fact. 3 to 5 days in Isan village's and other remote areas and i doubt very much doubt if they have post mortems

I calculated from the HDC data and NYT death data that ~75% of deaths occur at home. I also seem to remember either MoPH or DoPA had a data set where autopsies were mentioned. Vague memore seems to be that 75% wasn't inclusive those that got autopsied.

Wife went to a few funerals last year up in the sticks, it was more like 2-3 days than 3-5 from kicking the bucket to the village <deleted>-up party. Pretty efficient.

Edited by DrTuner