Repatriation flights US LAX/SFO in Aug'20

also:

Flight details;

JL7015    17AUG     LAXHND            DEP 01:35          ARR 04:45+1 

** This is JL codeshare flight operated by American Airlines and kindly check-in on 16AUG2020 **

JL031       18AUG    HNDBKK            DEP 11:15+1     ARR 15:40+1

** The flight is subject to change depends on seat availability and make a reservation at BKK (Thailand) only.

I wish the embassy would include the departure points for the flights listed.  They must know that already.

I also wonder why the TV poster flying out of Vancouver, Canada got a much better fare than what's been shown for some of these flights.

I sent off an e-mail to the above listed EVA agent and in 7 minutes I got a response.  Their airfare from LAX will be $745 each.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I wish the embassy would include the departure points for the flights listed.  They must know that already.

I also wonder why the TV poster flying out of Vancouver, Canada got a much better fare than what's been shown for some of these flights.

I sent off an e-mail to the above listed EVA agent and in 7 minutes I got a response.  Their airfare from LAX will be $745 each.

Great, finally some competition. I would totally go with them if they had a flight later in the month.

Did they mention the cost for business class?

19 minutes ago, Wars said:

$1300 from JFK using Korean Air. 

flight fare.png

I assume there is a guarantee that they will hold the Seoul to Bangkok flight for the connecting passengers if the flight(s) into Seoul are delayed. A 45-minute connection time is pretty tight, especially for international-to-international.

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

These U.S. to Thai flights still require all the COVID stuff for foreigners, right?

Proof of med insurance, fit to flight certif, pre departure COVID test, proof of TH quarantine booking, etc etc

Yup still need everything. 

42 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I assume there is a guarantee that they will hold the Seoul to Bangkok flight for the connecting passengers if the flight(s) into Seoul are delayed. A 45-minute connection time is pretty tight, especially for international-to-international.

I think they should because the last leg of the flight would only be people going back to Thailand and they would have a list of everyone for the connecting flight. Also the connection at Seoul is very quick as well they are one of the most efficient airports. In a normal instance I think it would be a bit of a concern but I think because its a special flight it should be okay. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Willy333 said:

From LAX:

Cathay Pacific: $988

Korean Air: $1141

Qatar: $878

EVA: $745

$745 from the US to TH via EVA is a REALLY good price.... 

I'd take it going the other way... except I don't want to die of CV in the U.S.

And even if I survived, I'm not sure I'd be able to get back into Thailand with all the restrictions and requirements. Nor would I fancy two-weeks locked up in a BKK hotel apart from my wife.

So... I stay parked here. No U.S. trip this year, so it seems.

Hello,

Thai National Wife Is In Quarantine - From Korean Airlines Flight July 18th - LAX -Seoul - BKK - Non ASQ Hotel - Cinnamon Hotel

Few Suggestions & Ideas:

* I'll attach the Fit-to-Fly forms she used.  There's no standard form.  Both were accepted, but you probably only need one.

* At LAX the Embassy had many staff members and were very nice, helpful and with FOOD!

* Don't worry about the "tight connection" at Seoul.  The whole plane from LAX moves as a unit over to the waiting airplane.

* Her flight cost $1,410 and then an additional $245 from Maui to LAX on Delta Airlines.

* Her flight to Seoul was good and everyone was spaced-out. 

* Her flight from Seoul to BKK was packed.  Not sure why.

* If you have all the correct forms completed, it is an easy process.  If you do not -- not quite as easy!

Suggestions:

* Have a lot of extra toiletries.  Her Non-ASQ hotel had just a small amount of everything.

* All hotels are different.  No one quite understands this.  She/He may be able to order items for delivery, some hotels have restrictions.  They are different, from what I have heard.  My wife is on the "more restrictive" hotel side of things.

* Pack some puzzles, snacks, food items, things that will make her/him comfortable.

* Get an exercise band.  Need to emphasize stretching and walking in place during the long quarantine.

No One -- And I Mean No One -- can determine how someone will handle 24/14 quarantine in a single room with no fresh air and no visual contact with others.  No One.

Think - Plan - Act - The best you can and do try and Predict how someone will feel.

The more you put into the "Thought Process" before departure and what someone should take - is very important.

Forget About Clothes.  Pack stuff that will help someone Quarantine for 14 Days.

Best Wishes,

Steve

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

Hello,

Thai National Wife Is In Quarantine - From Korean Airlines Flight July 18th - LAX -Seoul - BKK - Non ASQ Hotel - Cinnamon Hotel

Few Suggestions & Ideas:

* I'll attach the Fit-to-Fly forms she used.  There's no standard form.  Both were accepted, but you probably only need one.

* At LAX the Embassy had many staff members and were very nice, helpful and with FOOD!

* Don't worry about the "tight connection" at Seoul.  The whole plane from LAX moves as a unit over to the waiting airplane.

* Her flight cost $1,410 and then an additional $245 from Maui to LAX on Delta Airlines.

* Her flight to Seoul was good and everyone was spaced-out. 

* Her flight from Seoul to BKK was packed.  Not sure why.

* If you have all the correct forms completed, it is an easy process.  If you do not -- not quite as easy!

Suggestions:

* Have a lot of extra toiletries.  Her Non-ASQ hotel had just a small amount of everything.

* All hotels are different.  No one quite understands this.  She/He may be able to order items for delivery, some hotels have restrictions.  They are different, from what I have heard.  My wife is on the "more restrictive" hotel side of things.

* Pack some puzzles, snacks, food items, things that will make her/him comfortable.

* Get an exercise band.  Need to emphasize stretching and walking in place during the long quarantine.

No One -- And I Mean No One -- can determine how someone will handle 24/14 quarantine in a single room with no fresh air and no visual contact with others.  No One.

Think - Plan - Act - The best you can and do try and Predict how someone will feel.

The more you put into the "Thought Process" before departure and what someone should take - is very important.

Forget About Clothes.  Pack stuff that will help someone Quarantine for 14 Days.

Best Wishes,

Steve

The second flight was packed because they have flights from multiple US cities all meet in Seoul at the same time.

How was the checkin at the airport, was it busy, did you get there very early? I really want to get a good seat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveInBKKandMAUI said:

Here's the two Fit-to-Fly forms my Thai National Wife used.

Best Wishes,

Steve

Phapassorn Rattanasri FTF Form TWO.pdf 62.84 kB · 3 downloads Phapassorn Rattanasri FTF Form.pdf 45.64 kB · 1 download

Steve,

Just a quick shout out thanking you for the two Fit-to-Fly forms.  My Thai wife and I intend to go back August.  John

On 7/27/2020 at 9:22 PM, BritTim said:

Probably just going to refuel and keep going.  I actually have a reservation on this flight. Sorry just saw the everyone moved to the BKK flight that waits.  I stand corrected.  As far as the COVID-19 form, we are being told here in the US that you must have the actual lab results that specifically say the test is RT-PCR test and is negative.  Anybody come from the US with actual knowledge of that?

Edited by DrPhibes
content

On 7/27/2020 at 9:41 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

These U.S. to Thai flights still require all the COVID stuff for foreigners, right?

Proof of med insurance, fit to flight certif, pre departure COVID test, proof of TH quarantine booking, etc etc

Yes on all.  Actually the way things are going here in the US, the COVID-19 test 72 hrs before the flight is the hardest part.  I have been calling labs and hospitals within a range of 200 miles about this and only seriously ill people are getting test results close to that fast.  My hope is that this jump in testing will subside a bit as it gets closer to Aug. 30th.

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Yes on all.  Actually the way things are going here in the US, the COVID-19 test 72 hrs before the flight is the hardest part.  I have been calling labs and hospitals within a range of 200 miles about this and only seriously ill people are getting test results close to that fast.  My hope is that this jump in testing will subside a bit as it gets closer to Aug. 30th.

Have you tried looking for private clinics I doubt the free ones will get you results that fast because those regular walk in clinics are taking about 10 days at least now. I found rapid tests same day results in NYC for about $95-$299. 

8 minutes ago, Wars said:

Have you tried looking for private clinics I doubt the free ones will get you results that fast because those regular walk in clinics are taking about 10 days at least now. I found rapid tests same day results in NYC for about $95-$299. 

Are you sure it is the RT-PCR test (swab) and not the antibody test (blood)?  Must be the RT-PCR test per the instructions from the embassy.  Not looking for free, just fast in Southern CA.  Yes have called private clinics.  Most send in their samples to the central lab due to the equipment requirements for RT-PCR testing.  It is the central labs that are clogged.

Edited by DrPhibes
Content
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I assume you don't have a health plan.

Have you tried calling urgent care?

Also, have you tried any of those?

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/locations/ca/

Edited by unheard

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Are you sure it is the RT-PCR test (swab) and not the antibody test (blood)?

"BioFire PCR COVID-19 Rapid Diagnostic Test" is what they use its not an antibody test. 

Edited by Wars

1 minute ago, unheard said:

I assume you don't have a health plan.

Have you tried calling urgent care?

Heavily insured, it is the labs that actually do the RT-PCR test that are clogged.  The clinics, both private and such do the sampling and then send to a central laboratory.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wars said:

"BioFire PCR COVID-19 Rapid Diagnostic Test" is what they use its not an antibody test. 

Hell, I might have to fly to NY just to get a test.  The testing facilities are just overwhelmed here at the moment.  I'll wai a couple of week and start calling again.  Flight is not until Aug 30th.  Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Heavily insured, it is the labs that actually do the RT-PCR test that are clogged.  The clinics, both private and such do the sampling and then send to a central laboratory.

This is in Bay area, results in 15 minutes.

There should be similar available in So. Cal:

https://www.gohealthuc.com/bayarea/covid-19-test

but that must be an antigen test.

The embassy requires a PCR test which is much slower and not necessarily any more accurate.

I wonder if anyonte has tried to present an antigen test result and it was rejected by the embassy/consulate..

Edited by unheard

9 minutes ago, Willy333 said:

List of physicians for the fit-to-fly certificate:

https://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/รายชื่อแพทย์ที่สามารถออกใบรับรอง-Fit-To-Fly-010420.pdf

Some of these clinics can do the test as well. Passport Health should be one of them.

I've seen a report somewhere here (if I'm not mistaken) that his local Passport Health does offer the Fit-to-Fly cert and PCR test at the same office.

44 minutes ago, unheard said:

This is in Bay area, results in 15 minutes.

There should be similar available in So. Cal:

https://www.gohealthuc.com/bayarea/covid-19-test

but that must be an antigen test.

This "Rapid Covid-19 test" is a swab test but it's not as accurate as RT-PCR Covid test. (PCR test is a different, more accurate test but is also a swab test)
Antigen means blood will be drawn and tested.

• Thanks 1