We do not serve foreigners

anchadian

3 hours ago, Shot said:

There are rather a lot of one star reviews on Fullmoon Terrace & Bar's Google page now... Also, the phone number listed on their Google page is linked to their LINE account in case anyone else wants to let them know what people are thinking about their No Foreigner policy...

I was last here in March, but I went with a Thai girl. I've been to Lagoon Plaza and Full Moon bar, plus other bars in the complex about 5 times and I've never seen any other foreigners there apart from me. It's actually a really good place to go, one of my favourite Thai bar complexes in BKK.

This stinks though, blatant xenophobia and turning someone's money away. They don't deserve to have foreign tourists coming back again with this attitude.

20200229_212801.jpg

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Let them get on with it the word soon gets around, there used to be places "Japanese Only" around Sukhumvit

..and of course you know why they are Japanese (members club) only?

2 hours ago, madmen said:
4 hours ago, KeeTua said:

I don't blame the proprietors. The sign clearly states its because of the "rapidly evolving covid-19 situation" Thais are frightened to varying degrees of foreigners these days and rightly so. The average Thai patron would have no way of knowing when and how a foreigner entered the kingdom. They have no reason to keep up on travel restrictions. Recently when I go to a business in town where I'm not recognized they ask where I'm from - America - "oh so many people there with Covid" I or my wife need to explain that I've not been out of the country in nearly a year before they visibly relax.

Why do some big bwana on here think all the natives are poorly schooled and have no interest in current affairs? 

I can assure you that most thai with a TV and smart phone would be aware of travel restrictions, the govt are making big noise about it and rightly so

I think I lost you with the "I don't blame the proprietors" part. You need to read my post carefully. See this part: "Recently when I go to a business in town where I'm not recognized they ask where I'm from - America - "oh so many people there with Covid"

This would imply that I'm dealing with Thais that are up on current events, right?  But do they stay up to date on international travel restrictions?

Apparently not because: "I or my wife need to explain that I've not been out of the country in nearly a year before they visibly relax" 

Get it yet?

If your Thai is up to par try asking a few average Thais about international travel restrictions. Unless they work in tourism related functions they aren't likely to be able to answer your question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shot said:

Message from Tripadvisor: Due to a recent event that has attracted media attention and has caused an influx of review submissions that do not describe a first-hand experience, we have temporarily suspended publishing new reviews for this listing. If you’ve had a firsthand experience at this property, please check back soon - we’re looking forward to receiving your review!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

This is what happens when everyone buys into the COVID hysteria. 

This is what happens, when you are stupid, racist, and have no business sense at all. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, chessman said:

... it’s a kind of upmarket restaurant/bar that caters to middle class and rich Thais, not in a tourist area or near the MRT/BTS. Less than 0.1% of their customers would be foreign. 

Exactly. It's an out-of-the-way place that had virtually no foreigners as guests pre-corona.  If you're never going to go there, why would you care what its policy is during a pandemic?

Keep in mind that for years there have been many farang bars in both Bangkok and Pattaya which refuse entry on the basis of race or ethnicity.  Thai males and "unaccompanied" Thai females are often forbidden entry.  I don't think these admission "policies" are based on racist ideology but are rather an attempt by the owners to attract the most profitable customer base while keeping the local staff happy.  Same-same with the Fullmoon Terrace & Bar.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Exactly. It's an out-of-the-way place that had virtually no foreigners as guests pre-corona.  If you're never going to go there, why would you care what its policy is during a pandemic?

Keep in mind that for years there have been many farang bars in both Bangkok and Pattaya which refuse entry on the basis of race or ethnicity.  Thai males and "unaccompanied" Thai females are often forbidden entry.  I don't think these admission "policies" are based on racist ideology but are rather an attempt by the owners to attract the most profitable customer base while keeping the local staff happy.  Same-same with the Fullmoon Terrace & Bar.

Seriously? You defend all of it, or just some of it? Non of your examples is okay! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vogie said:

This guy spoke perfect thai, how did they know he wasn't Thai, I guess by his skin colour.

"Video clip by Yan Marchal of his attempt to visit Fullmoon Terrace & Bar in Bangkok. In his own words, he was thrown out because they refused to serve foreigners. This is part of a worrying trend in #Thailand this year where a small minority of Thais showed a xenophobic attitude"

Not by his skin color but his eyes. Thai eyes don't look like that.

24 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I went there 4 times pre covid, last year and this year, so it's ok to refuse foreigners post covid?

It's actually a great place to take a date, shows good knowledge of local bars and restaurants.