We do not serve foreigners

anchadian

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed, the diversity is interesting. It also helps many of us understand how unhinged a lot of people are. 

Not specifically targeting you there steven100. There are some whacky opinions out there colouring many of the threads. 

The misogynists, the bigots, the racists and the downright dumb all lend to a more entertaining forum experience. It’s just concerning that these folks also walk amongst us and our children !!!  

Also concerning that a percentage of the misogynists/bigots/racists/downright dumb that post on this forum could potentially be 'breeding' themselves. 

Now that is scary...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Imagine you travelled somewhere only to be told you can’t enter because you were not Thai?

imagine being so brainwashed by liberalism that you believe it to be the evolutionary apex of societies which should be forced upon every other culture. Neo-colonialism much?

46 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

it just goes to show how uneducated and insecure you lot are

oh please Mr American, do grace us uncultured savages with your enlightened wisdom. How is egalitarianism working out in your country? 

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And what if this were BigC and you were told ‘Farangs can’t do their grocery shopping’.

Why is it always all or nothing with you people? In the case of BigC you can make a reasonable argument that they are denying you access to basic necessities. You could pursue a legal course of action on that basis. If in the end you get nowhere, guess what - in a free market economy one of BigC's many competitors will seize that opportunity and fill in the gap. 

32 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If some farang here opened a business with a policy that said, "No Thais allowed,"  how do you think that's going to go over with the police, government, etc???

Honestly? I think it would go over with a bit of grumbling, but it would actually go over - because most Thais aren't leftist <deleted> who argue for "principles" that in reality don't apply to their ideological opponents. 

This is the key. The "racist xenophobes" being bashed in this thread are actually standing up for a set of principles even when it's at the cost of their own quality of life in this country. Do you understand this? 

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The misogynists, the bigots, the racists and the downright dumb all lend to a more entertaining forum experience. It’s just concerning that these folks also walk amongst us and our children !!!  

You know, as an inherently privileged white male every position you occupy is one more position that cannot be filled by an oppressed colored trans petrasexual midget pedophile. Maybe you could check your privilege and relinquish your forum account and internet subscription to some of those people, so their voices can be heard? It's only fair.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

hope it goes viral

imagine you have a business in your home country as you put : no blacks, no arabs

You aren;t in you own country, are you? Thailand is hardly a shining beacon of equality. 

3 minutes ago, Genmai said:

oh please Mr American, do grace us uncultured savages with your enlightened wisdom. How is egalitarianism working out in your country? 

Is that what you call yourselves, "uncultured savages" having surfaced from the bottom of the depths of TVF hell bent trying to antagonise other TVF members, well guess what, you can go back to where your pompas a$$ crawled out from, and stay there !

Hell Hath No Fury Like An INFP. – INFPizza

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Refusing a customer the right to serve them because of no mask is their right to do so. But refusing a customer because they are not Thai is pure Racism and they really should be shut down and fined heavily. 

This actually needs to go international. No room in this world for this BS. Talk about false information let out by the Government. 

Why not just tell them to bash their bigoted bar up their blurter!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Yesterday, I was told by a 6 foot Katoey at the Truemove shop in Lotus, I couldn't pay my bill on the machine as it's for Thai ID only....total rubbish as works by account number as has done for the past 3 years. I've since complained, won't pay the existing bill and 3BB are coming to connect me tomorrow. Easy, if they are blatant c#@ts that treat foreigners that way, I vote with my wallet.

i had the same experience, although i had a nice young lady assist me.  this was at the true shop in emquartier bangkok.  they had one kiosk that foreigners could use, all others required thai ID.  strange that they require an ID to pay a bill, not sure what is going on.

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Yesterday, I was told by a 6 foot Katoey at the Truemove shop in Lotus, I couldn't pay my bill on the machine as it's for Thai ID only....total rubbish as works by account number as has done for the past 3 years. I've since complained, won't pay the existing bill and 3BB are coming to connect me tomorrow. Easy, if they are blatant c#@ts that treat foreigners that way, I vote with my wallet.

I would never argue with a 6ft katoey

That maybe the issue, some are too willing to ‘bend over’ and accept such issues We run the risk of them becoming more normalized !!! 

(pun intended) 

3 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I'm not part of a culture that was hauling black people like an animals across half of the world to use them as slaves. So it's not my half of infamy and I can filter black people out of my business any day.

You are from....?

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

I don't blame the proprietors. The sign clearly states its because of the "rapidly evolving covid-19 situation" Thais are frightened to varying degrees of foreigners these days and rightly so. The average Thai patron would have no way of knowing when and how a foreigner entered the kingdom. They have no reason to keep up on travel restrictions. Recently when I go to a business in town where I'm not recognized they ask where I'm from - America - "oh so many people there with Covid" I or my wife need to explain that I've not been out of the country in nearly a year before they visibly relax.

Another apologist post.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rott said:

If you are talking  about the one in Soi Yamato that has recently changed it's name to "number one June", that was a joke, humour you know. 

The Thais that worked there didn't see the funny side. I actually wrote about it as being an amusing story. Perhaps I should have stuck up a few smileys. ????????????

48 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Why not just tell them to bash their bigoted bar up their blurter!

Essentially the owner needs a good dose of this, and if this person was around me I most certainly would give a mouth full to him/her. Be interesting to know who this person actually is and how he/she made his/her money and who is connected to if anyone. 

36 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why all he did was ask questions and film.

And that is more than enough for a defamation case in Thailand. Here the truth is no defence, ask Andy Hall

• Like 1