We do not serve foreigners

anchadian

55 minutes ago, vogie said:

This guy spoke perfect thai, how did they know he wasn't Thai, I guess by his skin colour.

"Video clip by Yan Marchal of his attempt to visit Fullmoon Terrace & Bar in Bangkok. In his own words, he was thrown out because they refused to serve foreigners. This is part of a worrying trend in #Thailand this year where a small minority of Thais showed a xenophobic attitude"

His bar ......  his choice.   Just go to another bar.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

There are bars in Pattaya with signs up banning muslims, have been for years. 

I am reminded of the English bar in Pattaya that put up a sign just before the 1998 World Cup started. It listed no frogs, no krauts, jocks, argies, dagos, yanks, eyeties ... and on and on ending with no thais. All their Thai staff walked off the job and were only persuaded back by removal of said sign and a pay increase. 

The pub has bitten the dust because of the covid crisis, at least finished off by it.

If you are talking  about the one in Soi Yamato that has recently changed it's name to "number one June", that was a joke, humour you know. 

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

No one is believing you tough guy.

You would be crying like a baby if you couldn't get your fix and had to find another 7/11. 

if I couldn't enter a shop or bar because the owner refused then I would look for a shop or bar that I feel was ok ......   I wouldn't jump up & down about it .....   it's not the end of the world,  plenty of more serious things to worry about than not getting entry into a 7-11 or wherever.  imo

but I can understand some getting worked up about it and seeing it as racist .....

just not me.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

if I couldn't enter a shop or bar because the owner refused then I would look for a shop or bar that I feel was ok ......   I wouldn't jump up & down about it .....   it's not the end of the world,  plenty of more serious things to worry about than not getting entry into a 7-11 or wherever.  imo

but I can understand some getting worked up about it and seeing it as racist .....

just not me.

If you don't see it as racist, what do you describe it as?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The whole premise of the restaurant's policy is simply misguided and wrong.

Presumably, they're trying to protect against COVID. But the simple truth of the matter is, any farangs in Thailand these days pretty much have been here for the duration and are no more of a risk factor than any Thai people at large.

That fact seems to have escaped the restaurant and its management.

Just goes to show how brainwashing works. 

They can’t even see past the obvious and failed at the first hurdle. 

Farang = COVID  end of. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

If you don't see it as racist, what do you describe it as?

you see it as racist then that's fine, I see it as the owner having the right to choose his clientele and if he wants to have less customers then that's his doing. Look at Sukhumvit soi 33 area .... many bars only Japanese allowed, I was just reading how many landlords in Bangkok won't rent to Indians. Just a few examples.