Pattaya: Rebranded "24 hour Walking Street" opens its arms to Thais - and one way traffic!

rooster59

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Seems to be a contradiction in that when Beach Rd became a special food and tat market for whatever the reason, it was closed to traffic, but when Walking St does the same, it gets opened!

Right.  Same contradiction to 'rebrand 24-hour Walking Street' when it will no longer even be a 'walking street' at all.  It's not '24-hour Walking Street', it's now 24-hour Driving Street.  

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought they were going to tear walking street up and bury the cables? What happened to that?....You can not have car driving on walking street if the street in torn up....??

They decided to bury the Walking Street and not only the cables. ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sungod said:

Maybe they could sell it along the same lines as the wildlife safari park, just drive through slowly observing all the various species that can be found in their natural habitat. The Thai's love a rubber neck.

But seem to hate rubbers..

25 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Well I suppose that when the chinese return it will be handy for them to just gawk out the tour bus window as it chugs along WS instead of having to walk behind the flag

Came here to say this...a convoy of chinese tour buses rolling thru..camera flashes poppin....a hot mess

With plans and ideas such as this that may be good news as they may just have to give in and open borders

19 hours ago, cxxis said:

Great opportunity though for all the folk from up north east to come see their daugters and mothers.

I think you will find it is the other way around,a lot have already headed for the hills,probably never to return...for a while at least...????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

last pic..the golden girls...somchai in the yellow shirt and grandpa in orange.....faces say it all....

I think the centre photo is 

'If you can get through without hitting one of these pillars you're sober enough to drive along the street'.

1882024133_WalkingSt10years108.thumb.JPG.98aceec00958d90fb0ed86b43c83ec1c.jpeg

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tomauasia said:

They have no idea how to restore a once thriving economy and continue to avoid farang at all costs. It is a failed government that not only made no attempt to restore and welcome future farangs back. They also promoted hatred against the very people that fed the country for decades. You honestly deserve what's coming.

tomauasia, How very true, even before the pandemic started the mood music towards farangs was changing. Unable to extend my VOA I returned home last December in spite of ten years in Thailand. With more impoverished thais across the economy one wonders what is coming ?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 12:48 PM, sungod said:

Maybe they could sell it along the same lines as the wildlife safari park, just drive through slowly observing all the various species that can be found in their natural habitat. The Thai's love a rubber neck.

Without all the drunken farang stumbling about and engaging in bizarre courtship rituals, there isn't much to see.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:38 PM, Pilotman said:

So its not 'Walking Street' at all, its just 'A Street'. Just one more down market soi in Pattaya.  They never learn how to produce some better class amenity. 

I dunno...Central Beach Mall, T21, and the Centara Mirage Hotel are certainly better than what were there previously.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Without all the drunken farang stumbling about and engaging in bizarre courtship rituals, there isn't much to see.

But those drunken farang spent over 150 baht a drink in order to get drunk, then bought lady drinks, and then paid a bar fine to be able to engage in a bizarre courtship ritual.  

In Thailand, Money Number One, and no one cares what there is to see, or who sees it, as long as the money is flowing. 

Edited by Leaver