Can anyone help me with visa form in the UK

Hello all, not sure if this appropriate to ask on here, but i have a few question regarding my childrens education visa forms. My kids school has finally re-opened back in Bangkok after 5 months, so we are going to go through the process of repatriation and see what happens.

On the form can someone help me with the following :

1) TYPE OF FLIGHT & FLIGHT NUMBER. - what do i put under this section? I assume i will wait for a repatriation flight.

2) DURATION OF STAY - how long do we put into this section? We intend to get the visa extended in Thailand to complete the children's study. Yet a visa is only for 3 months.

3) PROGRAMME OF STUDY - EDUCATION PROVIDER - is this the  intended school in Thailand that we hope to be joining or the childrens current school in the UK ? 

4) PASSPORT ISSUED - does this mean country or a local city?

5) ADDRESS IN THAILAND - we usually rent, but if i do not know when or if i can get to Thailand, what should i do here? What are my options?

6) THE SIZE AND DEMENSIONS OF PHOTO - how do you resize a photo to fit with the size they want ?

This is just the first page ! lol

1) Just state "Repatriation flight to be notified by embassy"

2) 90 days : they will understand that you intend to extend

3) Name of school in Thailand, and type of school

4) I usually state something like "Passport office Liverpool"

5) It is better if you have an address. The address of Thai relatives in Thailand would be a good placeholder.

6) If not familiar with the process, easiest is to use a photographic service that does this all the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

1) Just state "Repatriation flight to be notified by embassy"

2) 90 days : they will understand that you intend to extend

3) Name of school in Thailand, and type of school

4) I usually state something like "Passport office Liverpool"

5) It is better if you have an address. The address of Thai relatives in Thailand would be a good placeholder.

6) If not familiar with the process, easiest is to use a photographic service that does this all the time.

Thanks BritTim. Very helpful.

Do they ask to see evidence of your address you will be staying? I usually just rent an appartment when i know my dates. But with waiting for repatriation flights, how do i make a booking?

Could you book a refundable hotel room for a few weeks? Or do they require proof of stay throughout your whole stay ? I'm assuming i can't show an airbnb booking due to the legality of that in Thailand.

Make a booking on air bnb for one night nearly all can be canceled without any fee. Or just book it for a week or a month in the area where you want to live and then shop for an apartment but even better stay with air bnb as they don't have stupid 2 month deposits 

22 minutes ago, madmen said:

Make a booking on air bnb for one night nearly all can be canceled without any fee. Or just book it for a week or a month in the area where you want to live and then shop for an apartment but even better stay with air bnb as they don't have stupid 2 month deposits 

But isn't airbnb illegal technically for a stay less than a year ? I know we all make bookings with it for a few days here and there, but can you show an airbnb document to the Thai Embassy ?

ALSO do i need to provide a hotel or appartment stay for my whole time there or can i show just a few weeks? Do they ask for evidence of your stay?

Edited by Greghuntleyuk

57 minutes ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

Do they ask to see evidence of your address you will be staying? I usually just rent an appartment when i know my dates. But with waiting for repatriation flights, how do i make a booking?

Could you book a refundable hotel room for a few weeks? Or do they require proof of stay throughout your whole stay ? I'm assuming i can't show an airbnb booking due to the legality of that in Thailand.

Most likely, for a single entry Non O, they will not require proof of your address in Thailand, If they do, perhaps, Thai relatives can email a copy of the house registration book and a one sentence invitation (in Thai or English) for you to stay with them pending more permanent arrangements.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Most likely, for a single entry Non O, they will not require proof of your address in Thailand, If they do, perhaps, Thai relatives can email a copy of the house registration book and a one sentence invitation (in Thai or English) for you to stay with them pending more permanent arrangements.

I do not have relatives in Thailand anymore.

When you go for a visa do they ask for evidence of stay ?

14 minutes ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

I do not have relatives in Thailand anymore.

When you go for a visa do they ask for evidence of stay ?

As stated above book a suite/room with a free cancellation policy for your first couple weeks (obviously don’t forget to cancel after arrival).

Print this off whether you think you need it or not, it’s costing you nothing. You’ll probably need to give card details for the accommodation.

5 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

As stated above book a suite/room with a free cancellation policy for your first couple weeks (obviously don’t forget to cancel after arrival).

Print this off whether you think you need it or not, it’s costing you nothing. You’ll probably need to give card details for the accommodation.

Thanks, i think i'll do this.

I wrote my stay will be 90 days (how long the visa is for) - so would it be okay to just book a  (cancelable) hotel room for a few weeks? My concern is they will want to see evidence of my stay during my entire stay.

22 hours ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

Yes, I went to the local photoshop and asked for a photo and at 200kb only, He took thr photo, gave the hard copy's and emailed me a digital one for the visa.

Check with the Thai Embassy in regards to lodgement of the visa, as current rules state that the visa should be processed at the same time as the COE, which means you already have your repatriation flight datails.

Let me know if they allow you to process your new visa before the flight has been assigned to you, as I need a new visa as well and I've been holding off until I am lucky enough to get a repatriation flight. 

Cheers, good luck with it all.