Woman, ‘drunk’ after business is embezzled, tries to ram pedestrians

webfact

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Again making excuses to drive after drinking. Tells all. Calling someone a moron because they are trying to get a point across to you that is valid, and laughing out loud, shows everyone with any common sense where you're thinking lies. Your words................ Impaired means impaired, you will kill someone.................... My thinking isn't black and white. I have driven after drinking when I was young and not thinking of the consequences. I have driven tired, so I could get home, like everyone has at times. Don't assume that you know how much I know about a topic just because you're thinking differs from mine. This isn't an argument. You just happen to be wrong and , being a drinker that drives after drinking, think you are immune to hurting others because you "drive slower". Don't call someone you don't agree with a moron. That makes you look the part. And don't drink and drive, because you might just kill someone and then will remember what I said here. But then it will be too late for them.

Your driving is impaired compared to an elite level professional driver. Therefore you shouldn't drive. It's dangerous. You could kill someone.

Sorry for calling you a moron.

I just lost it a bit.

Do you agree that everything regarding driving safety is a spectrum? There's no 100% safe and no 100% dangerous?

So there's some people that drove dangerously even when they are sober. Correct?

There's some people that drives much safer than others even when all parties are sober? Correct? Simply because they have better skills and better reaction times.

Speed is a factor in safety. Correct? Slower Speed = more time to react. More time to break. Less damage if collision occurs. Correct?

Edited by hobz

Just now, hobz said:

Your driving is impaired compared to an elite level professional driver. Therefore you shouldn't drive. It's dangerous. You could kill someone.

I was a professional driver for many years, putting in twice the mileage as the average person. If I drink, I don't drink much. If I drink more than I should, which is very rare, I will not drive until it wears off.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I was a professional driver for many years, putting in twice the mileage as the average person. If I drink, I don't drink much. If I drink more than I should, which is very rare, I will not drive until it wears off.

That's great. Would you agree that if you drink you would still be able to drive safer than someone that is a <deleted>ty driver? I mean if you really had to?

Btw I edited my previous reply

Just now, hobz said:

That's great. Would you agree that if you drink you would still be able to drive safer than someone that is a <deleted>ty driver? I mean if you really had to?

Btw I edited my previous reply

Depending how much you drank. More than 2 drinks in an hour is dangerous.  A bad driver can kill just as easily as a drunk driver, not having the skills, knowledge and awareness of a good driver. People who are bad drivers, like many here, shouldn't be on the road anyway, and the only way the carnage will stop here is if they give harder tests, make the police give tickets for bad driving and not wearing helmets, taking away licenses for drunk driving, not allowing anyone under 15 to drive any motor vehicle, meaning scooters for those 15 and 16 minimum for autos. Everyone has seen how bad the drivers are here by the yearly statistics, and drinking is the leading cause of fatalities here, along with distracted drivers and speed.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Depending how much you drank. More than 2 drinks in an hour is dangerous.  A bad driver can kill just as easily as a drunk driver, not having the skills, knowledge and awareness of a good driver. People who are bad drivers, like many here, shouldn't be on the road anyway, and the only way the carnage will stop here is if they give harder tests, make the police give tickets for bad driving and not wearing helmets, taking away licenses for drunk driving, not allowing anyone under 15 to drive any motor vehicle, meaning scooters for those 15 and 16 minimum for autos. Everyone has seen how bad the drivers are here by the yearly statistics, and drinking is the leading cause of fatalities here, along with distracted drivers and speed.

Ok, I think we're finding some type of agreement here. 

The problem with bad drivers is that they can in some cases pass a very hard test and then they get on the road and they have a temper o they stop caring about safety (get cocky) etc.

If someone had to drive my kids to school. I would rather let you, a professional, having 3 beers in you, knowing that you know that 3 beers means you gotta be extremely careful, drive my kids to school rather than an angry average driver. Or even a <deleted>ty reckless driver in a normal state.

Ofcourse I would prefer if you were sober.

• Confused 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:06 AM, hobz said:

Everybody is an individual. On average, people drive worse on drugs and alcohol. But me personally I drive slower, I focus more on safety and I think those two things make up for the reduced reaction time. 

Your a funny guy, but you need to tell yourself something so you can go on risking others while drinking and driving. The rules don't apply to you just to others. ????

Your just an other selfish <deleted> who is to cheap to pay for a taxi or hotel after drinking. Rather just risk others and tell yourself some story to make you feel better. I can only hope that when you do have an accident while drinking and driving its a fatal one sided one instead of killing someone else. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, hobz said:

What about people who drive when they are tired or angry?

I'm 100% sure that I can drive better after smoking a joint or drinking a few beers than someone who is tired or angry.

Well, as long as you're sure.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Absolutely agree with ‘nearly’ all of that...  however, none of the above issues provide a justifiable excuse for drink driving

The issue of drink driving is not diluted because ‘other issues’ also require attention.

Common sense sense should not be kneecapped by this degree of self-centredness.